- A result - focused servant leader with over 6 years’ experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver large and complex projects in fast-paced software environments. I am highly passionate about coaching scrum teams to become high performing and cross-functional while consistently adding value by fostering a trust-based environment that promotes transparency, collaboration, innovation, a willingness to take risks, and creativity towards achieving scrum goals.
- As an agile coach, I have demonstrated expertise at training, coaching, and mentoring individuals, teams, scrum masters, product owners, and leaders towards increasing business agility which raised the number of products launched by 33% per year and fostering sustainable working environments for agile transformations.
Agile Scrum Master
- Coordinates and facilitates daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning meetings, demos, and other scrum-related meetings.
- Communicates project and program progress to key stakeholders through visual radiators and roadmaps.
- Collaborates with executive management and scrum team to clearly communicate and clarify program and project release goals.
- Coordinates scrum team and managed dependencies among projects within a program.
- Collaborates with Product Owner with regards to cadence in order to manage the product backlog and sprint activities.
- Supports the creation of project user-stories and ensures successful completion within scope, budget, time, and acceptance criteria parameters.
- Mentors and coaches scrum team in effective implementation of scrum values and agile practices.
- Fosters organization’s agility initiatives by Integrating Agile & Lean principles into the team and organizational practices .
- Coaches teams on making appropriate commitments based on capacity during story selection and task definition at sprint planning meetings.
- Ensures scrum activities are tracked and kept up-to-date and reported daily using appropriate metric-based tools.
- Identifies and removes impediments, prevents distractions that could interfere with the team’s ability to deliver the sprint goal.
Confidential, Chandler, Arizona
Project Manager | Scrum Master
- Coordinated and facilitated daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning meetings, demos, and other scrum-related meetings.
- Coached teams on making appropriate commitments based on capacity during story selection and task definition at sprint planning meetings.
- Leveraged appropriate tools to ensure scrum activities are tracked and kept up-to-date and reported daily.
- Proactively identified and removed impediments, prevented distractions that could interfere with the team’s ability to deliver the sprint goal.
- Coached and supported Product Owners in effective techniques for backlog creation, management, and refinement.
- Interfaced with Product Owners with regards to cadence in order to manage the product backlog and sprint activities.
- Coordinated cross-functional teams working towards a common objective to gain alignment on scope, assumptions, approach, risks, and dependencies.
- Promoted healthy collaboration and a culture of continuous improvement based on metrics such as team velocity and release progress, which highlighted areas that need improvement within the teams and the organization.
- Coordinated with all stakeholders and dependent projects to develop detailed program schedules or agile release plans.
- Communicated project and program progress to scrum teams, executive management, and external stakeholders through visual radiators and roadmaps.
- Supported quarterly planning and facilitation activities across multiple teams towards the creation of program roadmaps and value stream objectives.
- Managed the approved program and projects from initiation to product launch, including issue management, risk management, change requests, and status reporting.
Confidential, Chandler, Arizona
Project Manager, Standard and Assessment
- Led project teams from project initiation through the delivery of the final product by maintaining a focus on project goals, scope, budget, quality, and timeline.
- Collaborated with key stakeholders and project teams to identify project requirements, define project objectives, create project plans, and align resources with scheduled work to achieve project goals.
- Created schedules and managed risks/impediments towards meeting projected milestones.
- Provided visibility to projects health in terms of scope of work, budget, timeline, quality, risks, strategy, and resources through periodic updates to the executive management and key stakeholders.
- Estimated budget using historical data for executive management approval, managed project finances, and handled vendor relationships.