- Experienced IT Professional specializing in public and private sector Health Information Technologies in roles such as Scrum Master, Project Manager, Business Analyst. Seeking new opportunities to use my experience with Agile frameworks to deliver complex and challenging products and services. Interested in utilizing and expanding my skills in coaching, mentorship and leadership.
Tools: MS Access, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS One Note, MS Visio, MS Project, SharePoint, SalesForce, Camtasia Studio 7, Clarizen, Facets, Basecamp, Easy Vista, Team Foundation Server, TUAM, Edit7 (HL7), Pinnacle, JIRA, Confluence, JAMA.
Knowledge: Traditional and Agile project management, Scrum and Kanban framework, vision, roadmap and release planning, requirements elicitation, user acceptance testing, process mapping and workflows.
Scrum Master / Agile Project Manager
- Serving as Agile Project Manager and Scrum Master, in support of the Cloud First delivery team to implement an enterprise level hybrid Azure cloud solution in alignment with the Governor’s Covid 19 rapid response testing and contact tracing initiatives.
- Lead Agile and traditional project planning activities throughout out project lifecycle thru collaboration with project stakeholders to assess regulatory compliance requirements, determine project approach, define scope, budget, schedule and performance measures. Lead and or develop business case, charter, product roadmap and release plan.
- Facilitate all Scrum related events, such as sprint planning, daily stand - ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, backlog refinement in accordance with Agile values and principles. Guide teams as servant leader, remove team impediments and coach others in Scrum to drive delivery of high-quality products while consistently improving team velocity.
- Lead activities in the procurement cycle. Perform vendor and procurement management, contract negotiation, conflict resolution, and consensus building.
- Lead and or manage project execution while engaging or creating change management procedures for tracking changes thru out the project lifecycle.
- Assist the team with problem solving, risk analysis, and determining and providing industry best practice recommendations based on team alternatives analysis and or other tools and techniques.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of internal systems and solution delivery processes.
- Facilitate close-out activities - e.g., transition, lessons learned, post-implementation reviews and retrospectives, artifact archival.
Scrum Master / Agile Project Manager
- Served as Agile Project Manager and Scrum Master for the Service Orchestration team, as part of the Medicaid Management Information System Replacement (MMISR), Health and Human Services (HHS) 2020 initiative, in alignment with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, and MITA (Medicaid Information Technology Architecture) modularity standards, informing the design patterns and best practices for developing a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)-based solution comprised of multiple modules and services procured through multiple contracts and service providers.
- Facilitated all Agile events, in accordance with Agile values and principles, guiding teams as servant leader, removing team impediments and coaching others in Scrum ceremonies and Agile, resulting in effectively delivery of high-quality products while consistently improving team velocity.
- Assisted with joint application requirement sessions, traditional and Agile project planning activities, refining module scope and performance measures while working in collaboration with the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) thru-out project lifecycle.
- Engaged in change management procedures for tracking changes thru out the project and contributed to continuous improvement of internal systems and solution delivery processes.
- Facilitated project close-out activities - e.g., transition, lessons learned, post-implementation reviews and retrospectives, and artifact archival.
Confidential, Santa Fe, NM
Scrum Master / Agile Project Manager
- Served as Scrum Master and guided teams with Agile transformation, where Agile values, principles and techniques were applied to successful infrastructure and software related projects.
- Facilitated all Scrum events, in accordance with Agile values and principles, guiding teams as servant leader, removing team impediments and coaching others in Scrum ceremonies and Agile, resulting in effectively delivery of high-quality products while consistently improving team velocity.
- Led Agile and traditional project planning activities, determining project approach, feasibility, regulatory compliance requirements, scope, schedule, and budget.
- Performed vendor and procurement management, advanced problem solving, contract negotiation, conflict resolution, customer relationship management and consensus building.
- Managed project execution and engaged or created change management procedures for tracking changes thru out the project lifecycle.
- Contributed to continuous improvement of internal systems and solution delivery processes.
- Facilitated close-out activities - e.g., transition, lessons learned, post-implementation reviews and retrospectives, artifact archival.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Partnered with clients and implementation/support analysts to facilitate requirement elicitation for medical claim line of business i.e., commercial (group and individual), Medicare, Medicaid, or Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) projects initiatives, creating and translating business and technical specifications into enhanced application feature sets.
- Participated and/or facilitated the execution of the multiple stages of testing, i.e. unit, integration, regression, performance, quality, user acceptance and change requests.
Business Analyst - Account Manager
- Served as Account Manager within the Department of Information Technology Account Management team. As a liaison to state government entities, duties included: IT planning, project management, strategic planning, cost proposals, service provisioning and implementation, account reconciliation, and problem resolution.
- Analyzed business, systems, and process requirements for state agency accounts including Enterprise Application and Desktop, Communication Networks (voice and data), Hosting, Storage, Email, Mainframe and Internet Services to support departmental and organizational goals and initiatives.
- Conducted quarterly Customer Service Reviews and maintaining existing customer relationships utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) principals.
- Participated in the Service Request Process from initial request through service delivery, meeting with agency representatives and vendors to devise customer centric solutions while promoting utilization of DoIT Services.
- Facilitated and/or executed the multiple stages of testing, i.e. unit, integration, performance, quality, user acceptance for internal Enterprise application changes, enhancements, e.g. TUAM, Pinnacle and Easy Vista.
Confidential, Albuquerque, NM
EDI e-Business Analyst
- Served as Health Plan liaison for e-Business medical claim line of business-commercial (group and individual), Medicare, Medicaid, or Accountable Care Organization (ACO) portal administration.
- Assisted with project management, developed and coordinated implementation strategies for innovative e-Business tools in support of departmental and organizational goals and initiatives.
- Served as department liaison for EDI related activities, testing, i.e. unit, integration, performance, quality, user acceptance). Served as the health plan business contact for clearinghouse partners and other e-Business vendors as well as a technical advisor for various work groups and committees throughout the organization.
- Assisted providers with navigation and implementation for EDI transactions including electronic claims, electronic remittances, and electronic funds transfer. Served as the provider community advocate for policy changes and government/regulatory mandates related to EDI transactions.
- Worked with the Communications Coordinator to develop provider communications promoting e-Business initiatives.
- Assisted with project management and served as the clearinghouse liaison in promoting and supporting the Medicaid, ACO portal administration initiatives, documenting and translating business and clinical workflow requirements that were successfully implemented by IT.
- Served as Subject Matter Expert for software conversion of Confidential Claims to Practice Management/Electronic Medical Records (PM/EMR). Ensured appropriate product alignment for product conversions regarding implementation, deployment and utilization of new transacting technologies while minimizing adverse user impact.
- Created pilot training and support tools (mapping HCFA1500 fields to Confidential PM data entry fields) for internal staff and trainers that included a quick-start guide, software manual, scripting, and recorded voice-over training modules for the Confidential Claims to PM EMR Conversion website.