- Successful Agile Coach, RTE and Scrum Masterwith hands - on leadership and delivery of strategic technology-enabled initiatives. Balance agile leadership and program management to help development teams build and deliver solutions more efficiently.Experience in managing distributed agile environment such as on-site / off-shore mode.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience in relevant agile tools such as Rally, Version One, AgileCraft, LeanKit, JIRA-Agile.
- Knowledge of TDD, ATDD and BDD practices with relevant tools/frameworks such as JUnit, Selenium,Appium, RSpec,
- Knowledge of DevOps capabilities such as Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD), Automated Testing etc
- Demonstrated Release Train Engineer experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation. Experience coordinating multiple teams in a technology environment.
Business Modeling: Provision, ARIS, Bwise, Fuego, Rational, RUP, RSA, UML, TogetherSoft, Requisite Pro
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Extreme Programming, RUP, CMMi, Waterfall, OOM, SOA, SDLC
Team collaboration: Jira, confluence, bitbucket, bamboo, rally, Jenkins, github, CI/CD, TFS
Others: TDD, Scrum with Kanban, continuous integration, continuous testing, ATDD, BDD
Process modeling: UML, BPM, Rational Rose, Rational Suite, Visio, TogetherJ, RSA, RSM
Scrum technologies: Rally, Version One, AgileCraft, LeanKit, Agile Express, Jira, Scrum Do
Messaging: Tibco, MQ Series, Webmethods, SeeBeyond, JMS, Kafka, Kinesis
Java methodologies: Core Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, LDAP, SOA, SOAP, Jenkins, Nginx
Architecture /services: TOGAF, Zachman, EA, SOA, CostXpert, SCA, grid computing, SaaS, Cloud computing
Application servers: Websphere, Weblogic, Jetty, Apache, Eclipse, JWS, iPlanet, JBoss, NetBeans
Languages: K, R, Java, C++, VB, XML, C#, UML, C, SQL, WML, MatLab
- Implement agile project management principles and methodologies by leading requirements gathering sessions, sprint planning, product backlog grooming, level of effort and estimation sessions, and lessons learned / sprint reviews.
- Developed weekly reports and summaries for the executive leadership team. Manage project conflicts, challenges and dynamic business requirements to keep teams running on pace with planned cadences. Drive crossteams, ART, and departmental dependencies & impediments, planning, collaboration, and coordination.
- Aggregate team objectives into Program PI Objectives, create and publish roadmap for visibility and transparency. Drive program-level continuous improvement via retrospectives, Inspect and Adapt workshops and Kaizen.
- Work with executive leaders at the portfolio level providing facilitating and leading a lean agile transformation specific to scrum, SAFe, Kanban using PMP.
- Lead and enrich the digital customer experience -customer personalization and generating digital demand, shorten and customize the card acquisition and approval process. Created clear and concise epics/stories. Working with product owner on artifacts as product backlog, sprint backlog, sprint burndown, release burndownalongwith creation of user stories and subtasks with vendors.
- Application of Kanban to facilitate workflow and facilitate ART. Supporting interactions with architects, product management and critical stakeholders.Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity.
- Coach the team, facilitate sprint ceremonies, work with product managersfor refinement of the program backlog. Increase team transparency and effectively track progress by leveraging burn downs/burn ups charts & metrics.
- Build CoPs for impediments tracking and brainstorming. This team also helped with feature estimation, PI planning, iteration tracking, pre-PI planning session. Perform backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition.
- Define the valuestream level for three projects - PZN, Argo and Trilogy - Corporate and Consumer credit cards.
- Coordinate the integrations, dependencies and deliverables, SoS plus communications identifying and helping resolve impediments, leading sprint retros and demos for 30+ teams from Loyalty, Servicing, Communication, reporting, MR, benefits, card art etc.
- Maintained task board and produced daily burndown charts. Initialize the scrum with Kanban charts framework.Refine features to be considered in the next PI planning cycle to meet the Feature Definition of Ready.
- Enhance the PD&I operating model based on my SAFe experience. Contributed to Enterprise-wide improvements to SAFe and spread Agile maturity bringing synergy to the distributed teams.
- Improve the NPL valuestream ARTapproach and develop it further. Help socialize the valuestream concept.
Release Train Engineer and Agile Coach
- Spearhead the strategic business and technology enterprise data management initiatives for life, group and individual insurance, P&C programs. Lead the EDO PMO working with business, IT stake holders.
- Work with executive leaders across the firm at the portfolio level providing guidance around facilitating and leading a lean agile transformation specific to scrum, SAFe,Kanban. Facilitate the ART team’s refinement of features to be considered in the next PI planning cycle to meet the Feature Definition of Ready.
- Define continuous improvement at program level, pre PI and PI plannings, retrospectives and IA workshops.
- Establish the annual calendars for Sprints, Program Increments and all other Agile and SAFe artifacts. Facilitate Rolling Wave and Pre- and Post- PI Planning. Facilitate PI planning readiness, Vision, backlogs and facilities. Facilitate PO Sync and Scrum of Scrums (or ART Sync).
- Analyze program budgets and estimates from participating organizations to provide direction for the overall development of all program budgets.
- Aggregated team PI objectives into Program objectives which then were converted to VSE(value stream)
- Coach leadership and managers on strategy development, portfolio management, product development, business case development, user experience. Concentrated on developing execution leaders (RTE and Scrum Masters) and closely partnering with the product manager & IT delivery owner to guide one agile release train.
- Build a LACE(Lean Agile Center of Excellence) and establish community of practices. Helping the teams embrace an agile mindset, leverage Agile and its ceremonies, roles, and artifacts to reach greater success.
- Maintain excellent communication with all levels of management both within and across organizations to ensure smooth running of all projects. Plan the plan-manage budget, time and resource constraints, work with vendors for delivery.
- Manage program level coordination, such as creating timelines, milestones, and cadence of increments and releases and oversee the development of reports and analyses that document program activity.
- Establish program level cadence and drive program level ceremonies (eg. PI planning, product management council, scrum of scrums, release train retrospectives). Ambassador for Agile and sprint team/scrum digital delivery
- Developed project plans, communication plans, risk management analysis, budget forecasting spreadsheets and custom reports.Responsible for maintenance of project plans, project deliverables, issue/risk/dependency management, supporting decision making around scope changes, and internal and external communication.
- Drive continuous improvement by Inspect and Adapt workshops, continuous integration and continuous delivery(CI/CD), in devops by deploying code changes from dev to UAT to production.
- Conducted scrum daily standup, product backlog, sprint planning, sprint review &sprint retrospective meetings.
- Worked with senior management, business & release management to understand the vision of the product, prioritize and develop software release planning.
Executive Leader, Enterprise PMO
- Servant leader andRTE facilitating the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Agile Release Train (ART) processes and program execution, escalate impediments, manage risk, and drive program-level continuous improvement. Mentor teams on product backlog grooming, feature & epic elaboration, story mapping, story writing, release planning, and sprint planning.
- Collaborate daily and work with senior business stakeholders and product managers/owners to introduce and institutionalize business agility and lean values and practices across the program.
- Work with the ART team to prioritize the features to be considered in the next program increment (PI) planning cycle.
- Facilitated release planning, sprint planning,sprint ceremonies,PI planning. pre and post PI planning at VSE level, I&A.
- Help define PI objectives, ART framework for Big data implementation. Work closely for business value stream mapping, investment theme prioritization and governance as well as insight into Continuous Integration/Continuous Development.
- Facilitated team and cross-team retrospectives to build good working relationships among 7 agile teams across 3 states.
- Successfully guided three development teams through transition from waterfall to Agile development. Led the change to enterprise strategy and established enterprise value flow using SAFe.
- As scrum master, coach the team, facilitate sprint ceremonies,work with other product owners to drive the definition and refinement of the program backlog.
- Lead thecloud go-live initiative with methodology, requirements, risk register, project activities, performance, risks and issues, perform analysis of variances against plan and take appropriate corrective actions as needed.
- Coached team members on agile processes and facilitated planning meetings and retrospectives. Maintained task board and produced daily burndown charts. Initialize the scrum with Kanban charts framework.
- Leveraged the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) to drive agile delivery within the release train.
- Worked closely with product owners, coordinating product backlog grooming and story estimation.
RTE and Project manager
- Responsible for program assessment, recommendations, suggestions, areas of improvement, audit and assurance. Define IT financial metrics, budget analysis and service delivery functions. Lead business processes and technology transformation. Define GODEM, maturity road map and risk mitigation strategy and change management processes.
- Deliver strategies for operations, project deliverables, milestones, recruitment, scope, best practices, maturity roadmap managing business expectations and responsibilities.Manage program level coordination, timelines, milestones, and cadence of increments and release and oversee the development of reports.
- Facilitate PI planning, PI objectives and program objectives. Provide subject matter expertise to implement the program’s portfolio strategy that includes vision, strategy development, product development/management decision points and the related resource allocation and collaboration with other teams
- Aggregate team PI and program PI objectives into value stream PI objectives.
- Help RTE's, scrum masters and PM on highly distributed teams leading Agile/Scrum adoption for software delivery.
- Enact change and continuous improvement increasing the productivity of scrum teams by 16% and the quality of deliverables.
- Cross-functional project execution leadership including (but not limited to) concept discussion, program execution, pilot trials and product delivery.
- Lead the SDLC and PLC implementation initiatives for ISGT and CTS programs-a global rollout.
- Responsibilities encompassed leading the capital market team, risk solutions, trading technology, middle office routing and integration. Build the bridge between business and technology managing client expectations. Responsible for guiding the planning, tracking and day-to-day activities of project teams for these $30 mm integration projects.
Sr. Project Manager /RTE, Hays-England
- Authored and persuasively presented proposal to executive team, and directed initiative for a major e-commerce program projected to save $20M per year.
- Organized and facilitated sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, release planning, demos and other scrum-related meetings. Work closely with the Agile Center of Excellence on processes, policies, procedures, training, and tooling.
- Created clear and concise epics/storiesworking with product owner/PM on artifacts as product backlog, sprint backlog, sprint burndown, release burndownalongwith vendor management.
- In addition to typical scrum ceremonies, responsible for:product backlog grooming, prepare sprint metrics, resource planning, removing impediments, status reporting, identify opportunities to increase team velocity.
- Coached multiple delivery teamsthat achieved 25-40% increases in velocity and productivity.
- Assisted team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and task definition and participated proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools and best practices reducing development time by 35%.