- High - achieving and qualified management professional with 20+ years of broad and rich experience, including: facilities/operations management, process improvement, utilities management, human resources, building maintenance, real estate development, property management and contract negotiation.
- Valued team player with a track record of consistently meeting or exceeding company goals and customer expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, proficient in fostering positive professional relationships and communicating effectively at all levels.
- Seeking to utilize experience and exceptional work ethic in an organization that values dedication and bottom-line results.
- Facilities Construction Management/ Project Manager
- Driving Operational Efficiency
- Communication & Presentations
- Leadership & Team Development
- Client Relationship Management
- Creative Problem Resolution
- Collaboration & Team Building
- Client/ Staff Education & Training
- Process Improvement
- Organization & Prioritization
- Analysis & Critical - Thinking
- Strategic Planning
- Leverage talents and expertise to work closely with store associates, merchandise planners and merchants to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Review BSR Daily sheets to provide feedback regarding changes and modifications for improvement.
- Report all problems with mechanical systems and repair and administer any and all aspects of the store to maintain appearance at 100% of standard operating procedures.
- Promptly perform repairs to optimize customer and staff safety.
- Interact with vendors on a daily basis and foster positive professional relationships.
- Perform various key tasks, such as budgeting, procurement, inventory control, contract management, and document preparation.
- Investigate availability and suitability of options for new premises and plan for future development in alignment with strategic business objectives and to support company goals.
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods and services to achieve maximum value.
- Being the Project Manager of projects to assigned stores in Manhattan
- Ensures all policies, procedures, federal, state, and local ordinances related to personnel, safety, security, money handling, and resident/tenant relations are implemented and adhered to; ensures compliance with government programs, rules, and regulations.
- Promotes and maintains a professional atmosphere for employees and residents; promotes teamwork and high morale with employees.
- Builds community relations with neighbors and surrounding businesses.
- Trained property employees.
- Supervises employees and delegates various tasks to the Assistant Property Manager and/or other employees to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the construction of the property.
- Schedules and coordinates vendors, contractors, and staff work assignments; monitors employee attendance requirements; maintains daily time records; ensures employees are punctual; assigns overtime as necessary as Project Manager
- Supervises contract work and workers as necessary.
- Resolves resident and employee complaints.
- Deals effectively with difficult situations and remains calm in hostile situations.
- Directs the operation of the property to ensure the highest possible occupancy rates and profitability.
- Assists with development of annual budget and capital expenditure plans and complies with all FPM accounting procedures.
- Meets and/or exceeds budget goals for payroll and overtime administration, contract labor, supplies and equipment, occupancy rates, and property profitability.
- Maintains and balances batch log daily of all financial activity; maintains petty cash.
- Bills and collects for tenant-related damages.
- Collects rent and posts to computer daily; maintains and/or forwards deposit recap sheets to appropriate staff; ensures bank deposit is made daily by required deadline.
- Prepares and delivers 5/10 day notices to all unpaid residents by required deadline.
- Files evictions on all non-payments and appears in court as necessary.
- Forwards appropriate information to collection agency on former residents owing money.
- Generates purchase orders utilizing computer system and submits to accounts payable weekly; maintains inventory of all tools and supplies purchased, including serial numbers and dates of purchase for appliances.
- Collects laundry coins a minimum of twice per week on site-owned laundry facilities and sends collection log to home office, if applicable.
- Accompanies laundry vendors for coin collection at contract laundry facilities.
- Opens office promptly each morning and closes at designated closing time. Ensures office is not closed early without approval by supervisor.
- Prepares and submits operational results and reports to supervisor, Managing Partners, owners, or other home office staff as applicable and on a timely basis, including weekly occupancy report, petty cash report, monthly management report, bonus report, and wait lists.
- Answers telephone, provides leasing information, discusses and resolves resident issues, and prepares and follows up on work orders.
- Maintains tenant, office, and apartment files in proper order.
- Opens mail, checks and responds to email throughout each day, runs errands, maintains office supplies.
- Maintains current availability and waiting list.
- Places advertisements for property, as needed.
- Shows apartments to prospective residents and completes all appropriate paperwork.
- Oversees leasing activity, reviews applications, background and credit reports, etc., for all applicants, approves or rejects applications, utilizes FPM computer systems to enter data, processes the 50059s, and notifies tenant of paperwork to be completed.
- Inspects each unit prior to initial move-in to ensure ready for occupancy; ensures all keys are made and paperwork ready for signature.
- Corresponds with appropriate government agencies, as needed.
- Ensures adherence to HUD, USDA, Tax Credit (Section 42), and FPM requirements when dealing with applicants and tenants.
- Prepares site for REAC inspections.
- Performs annual and interim recertification.
- Maintains current information for courtesy officers including posted persons, resident names and apartment numbers, and frequent contact with courtesy officers and police.
- Schedules and coordinates staff work assignments, vendors, and contractors.
- Issues utility checks following proper identification verification of residents and maintains appropriate records.
- Sends letters to residents as necessary regarding trash, poor housekeeping, property damage, etc.
- Prepares and distributes monthly newsletter for residents.
- Organizes events for residents, if applicable.
- Archives files at end of each year.