- To utilize my expertise in Software Development in an innovative and challenging environment.
- Highly skilled and motivated software engineer with over 7 years of Industry experience.
- Experienced in Web software, Client - Server applications and n-tier distributed application development.
- Extensive experience in designing, developing and maintaining object oriented applications
- Adept in Mercury suite of products used in automation testing and performance testing.
Languages & Scripts: C, C++, Java/J2EE, Visual Basic, VB .Net, C#.
Databases: PostgreSQL, Oracle 10g, MS Access, PSEPRO.
Web Development: ASP, XML, JSP, Servlets, HTML/DHTML, Apache, Tomcat.
Open Source: Apache, Tomcat, My SQL.
Environments: Eclipse, Visual Studio 6.0, Visual SourceSafe, CVS.
CASE Tools: Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Clear case, UML.
Testing Tools: Winrunner, Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, Junit, Loadrunner.
Operating Systems: Windows 9x/2000/NT/XP, UNIX, Linux.
Product Assurance Engineer
- Implementing agile testing practices for sb Nexgen release.
- Reviewing the code, building the code and comparing the CRC. Installing the components in sb NexGen and trouble shooting the issues encountered on deployment.
- Triage, prioritize and review defects with the developers and product managers.
- Plan and define the risks involved in the release and mitigation plan associated with it.
- Facilitate the establishment of performance benchmarks for all products.
- Provide a demo of the product and communicate with the customer to understand their needs and ensure that the product meets the requirements.
- Spearheaded the committee in streamlining the policies, processes and procedures involved in creating Product Assurance (PA) work products.
- Architect and implement the adaptation of Company-wide PA technology work products, e.g defect tracking, test management, release tracking, etc.
- Defining the objectives of the committee and understanding the need for standardization.
- Prioritizing the objectives based on the interaction with the Product Assurance Managers and Team Leads.
- Developed a Software Test Plan template document used by entire PA organization based on the IEEE Standard for Software Test Documentation 829 - 1998.
- Customized IEEE Standard for Software Reviews 1029-1997 to meet the needs of the PA Organization.
- Determine the software push process followed by development to PA and define the workflow involved in the defect lifecycle to be used in Quality Center.
- Planning and assigning tasks to the Ravenna product implementation team and QA team.
- Tracking the progress of application development and enhancements cycle along with QA and release management.
- Communicating with the Certification vendors namely Prometric and Vue in creating production packages for Cisco Certification exams.
- Responsible for risk planning, mitigation of perceived risks and on-time delivery of products.
- Lead the effort of bench-marking the performance testing in Solaris environment for the Virtuoso Delivery System
- Worked with the CISCO Performance testing team in bench-marking the results in the Linux environment.
- Managed the functional testing, regression testing and load testing effort into the Linux migration environment.
- Worked with the deployment team to fine tune the new Linux environment with various configuration settings.
- Coordinated with the information security team to make sure that the firewalls and the systems are secured while not compromising the performance of the system to provide optimal response times at peak load conditions.
- Triaged and prioritized the Bugs/Enhancements that are outlined in the defects.
- Allocation of triaged defects to the developers and test these for functionality once the enhancements are complete.
- Worked closely with the end users in finding out and elucidating their requirements.
- Communicated the system requirements to developers so as to achieve an efficient, available system that satisfies the end-user needs.
- Responsible for maintenance and release of builds to various environments like internal testing, integration testing environment, user acceptance testing, system testing and release to production.
- Drafted specifications for product enhancements.
- Analyzed requirements to elucidate the data model.
- Designed and implemented claims processing for HCPCS/CPT codes.
- Developed search pages to lookup providers, patients and their related information.
- Implemented business validations for benefit plans, claims and eligibility information.
- Spearheaded the development of software to migrate data from client’s prior system into HEALTHpac.
- Oversaw the data mapping between the prior system and HEALTHpac.
- Created test cases, plans and scripts to verify the software for quality assurance.
- Provided production support for client go live in HEALTHpac.
- Achieved customer appreciation for technical support and timely delivery of products.
- X12 Manager translates incoming HIPAA complaint EDI data in a format accessible by HEALTHpac.
- Adept in comprehending the HIPAA and NCPDP standard used in Medical and prescription claims processing respectively.
- Maintained X12 Manager Software by fixing bugs and doing release builds as necessary.
- Traced interacting server logs, and analyzed them for expected results.
- Designed and Incorporated enhancements in the X12 Manager Software.
- X12 Manager Software was developed using Java, JSP and PostgreSQL as the database.