- A result - oriented professional with over 14 years of functional experience. This includes 13 years of experience with the SAP FICO module. Sound knowledge of SAP - FI pre-implementation, implementation, and post-implementation functions viz. Requirement Mapping, Documentation, Scoping, Gap Analysis, Application Development, Testing, and Post Implementation Support.
- Have abilities in executing new policies and procedures for standardizing the daily operations in the organization. Have strong communication, logical, analytical, data interpretation, and critical thinking skills along with proven credentials in stakeholder management.
- Experience in AGILE & ASAP methodology of implementation. Team player with a problem-solving mindset and believes in client satisfaction as the core objective.
- Expertise in implementation of SAP R/3 Financials, ECC 6.0 including New General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Asset Management (AM), Bank Accounting, Inter-Company Accounting, Delegation of Authority (FI-HR), Controlling (CO), Vendor Invoice Management, Taxation- Sales/Purchase Tax, VAT, Extended Withholding tax, Profit Center Accounting (PCA), Cost Center Accounting (CCA), Internal Orders (IO), and Project Systems (PS).
- Expert and Active role in different phases of implementation from gathering client requirements, conducting GAP Analysis, preparing Business Blueprint document, Configuration, Unit Testing, User Training, End-user manuals, and Hyper Go-Live Production Support.
- Experienced in using Solution Manager for business process documentation.
- SAP Charm- Create and Track change requests, transport requests in the change management system in the entire business solution. Manage Transport and Charm Request for the entire FICO module in SOLMAN with evaluating the changes and resolving conflicts objects and assessing the impact before movement to upstream clients Preparation of Project documentation- Document and Business Scenario integration, Uploading Document Template and the Test documents result thereon. Strategy to use “Implementation and Documentation” using Solution Manager Methodology Documented business requirements, performed application design activities such as writing functional designs, conducted gap analysis between business requirements and software.
- Involved in building, testing, and deploying activities, performed testing work, assisted clients in defining key capabilities/requirements.
- Sound knowledge of Order-to-cash Procure-to-Pay, Automatic Payment Program, Lockbox, Electronic Bank Statement (EBS), Manual Bank Statement, EDI, and IDOCS.
- Good knowledge of functional specifications for IDOC transfer of SD, MM, and FI documents in the SAP system.
- Experience in Functional Testing of RICEFW, Unit, Integration, Regression, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using HPQC tool.
- Defect Management: Tracking, Managing, and Resolving Defects in HALM or Service Now
- Expertise in Designing Test scripts and testing components, manual and automation test scenarios, test scripts in HALM.
- Preparation of functional specification design and interact with technical team for different RICEFW (reports, interfaces, conversion, enhancements, forms, workflows) objects,
- Worked closely with SD and MM module teams for FI-HR, FI-MM, and FI-SD integration in most of the implementations.
- Reporting Tools: Report Writer, Report Painter, etc.
- Expertise in Data Conversion, Cutover activities, and LSMW/ SCATT/eCATT tools.
- Worked on the lift and shift merger projects for Confidential and involved in multiple activities with multiple responsibilities in 5 Rollouts.
- A foreign key value analysis of every Mock and Data load done for both projects for the FI workstream. The foreign key value checks are done to help support the accuracy of data extraction and loads from a source SAP environment to split target SAP environments closely working along with the SNP teams.
- Working and supporting areas like Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Accounts Payables in terms of configuration and testing in different test cycles, Integration between FI-SD-MM, VIM, etc.
- Defect resolution- Day-to-day defect analyzing & resolution in HALM, interaction with multiple teams, and cross modules. Handling assigned tickets based on the level of severity and making sure that the service line agreement is not breached. Analyzing and providing quick solutions to the problems raised by FI, CO users.
- Performed FUT (Functional Unit Testing) and Integration Testing
- Supporting users with month-end end and year-end closing activities.
- Worked as the Delegation of Authority (DOA) Project Leader for the implementation of a key SAP module during the Dow, Confidential, and Corteva merger and spin. I was responsible for transferring the knowledge from Dow to Corteva and enabling me to be able to run and maintain the module independently as I am the Global Process Owner for DOA for Corteva. Continuous interactions with cross team’s Mini master, payroll, ABAP, etc. extensive planning on the pre-and post-cutover activities were involved.
- Worked and led Tax optimization project involving Hub scenario with the intention to maximize savings indirect tax by channeling sales in the Asia Pacific through a Singapore Principal legal entity.
- Significant experience working in the taxation area involves a third-party tax engine and its interfaces with the SAP system. Support Vendor Invoice Management (VIM) system for automatic processing of Intercompany MIRO/FB60 documents for ZIV billing documents.
- Integration knowledge of SD, MM with FI with a good understanding of business process flow involving Intercompany Purchase and Sales, Drop Ship, Sale to Distributor, and Consignment scenarios.
- Managing a FI/CO team for SAP Implementation and production support.
- Monitoring/Tracking daily activities and providing a solution.
- Mentoring team members offshore on critical issues.
- Attending project and core committee meetings.
- Post Implementation Support.
- Engaged as SME for AP, AR and Asset modules.
- Support functional team by working with key business representatives, data owners, end-users, application designers, and data architects to model current and new data.
- Assist with testing, training, and functional design activities as required. FICO AP, AR, GL skills desired.
- Completed business blueprint and Configuration rationale for Asset Accounts for Americas.
- FI Asset accounting architect for the global rollout Confidential -FANAR+ with 64 company codes and multiple Chart of Depreciation. Implemented multiple depreciation areas, Country customization for Canada, Mexico, and the US.
- Manage Transport and Charm Request for the entire FICO module in SOLMAN with evaluating the changes and resolving conflicts objects and assessing the impact before movement to upstream clients.
- Delivered Asset Accounts and FICO Overview training to power 30 + users from the US and LATAM region. Worked on the interfaces like Concur, Ceridian, Odyessey, First Strike, etc.
- Provided support to the training team in preparing training documents for the users. Complete End to End Training materials for the FICO module the task included discussions with business counterparts, update the training material and getting the final signoff.
- Involved with the test team to build the testing scenarios/ scripts in HALM. Coordinated the End to End and Standalone scenario creation with approval from Business for ISRT Test, build business components and scenarios in HP ALM.
- Prepared Test Plan and Timelines for executing Test scripts
- Prepared Test scripts and taken approval from the business.
- Carried out Unit testing for all test cases and Fixing the issues.
- Day-to-day defect resolution with interaction with multiple teams and cross modules and end-users.
- Raised OSS with SAP where the transaction is ABAP dump errors or not getting executed.
- Share test case results with ABAPers where the ABAP dump errors or not execute the customized modules.
- Worked on FI Solution Designing activities which included Configuration & Testing of sub-modules like Enterprise Structure, New GL, Extended Withholding Tax, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Controlling (Basic). Also, I am involved in preparing Configuration rationales & design documents, test documents, developed presentations for client workshops as per the business processes defined.
- In New GL, Parallel ledger, Document Splitting with different scenarios like Revaluation & Translation, Zero Balancing, etc. was configured and hence tested.
- Extended Withholding Tax prototyping and configuration set up for the US, Taiwan, and "n" of scenarios were tested to meet the client's requirements.
- Cost Object Accounting as a designer for Cost Center Accounting, Internal Order, SKF’s, etc.
- Solution Manager: Creation of Charm Request, transport request (Task), and releasing the same for the Project. Preparation of Project documentation- Document and Business Scenario integration, Uploading Document Template, and the Test documents result thereon. Strategy to use “Implementation and Documentation” using Solution Manager Methodology.
- ARIS- building the Business Process Modeling with ARIS and hence built client-specific models as per the business processes defined and carried in their day-to-day activities. The related business process documents were also built to explain the structural process define through the ARIS model.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed the business processes using ASAP implementation methodology, collected, and analyzed user’s business requirements, identified and defined areas for improvements, prepared specifications for development, configured, troubleshoot, and support the system users.
- Gathered requirements on the current(AS-IS) company’s legacy systems, business processes, and activities.
- Performed GAP analysis and actively participated in designing blueprints.
- In the Business blueprint phase- conducted Interviews/meetings- Q&Adb, interacted with managers of various departments to gather the business system requirements, and prepared a Business Process Master List (BPML).
- AS-IS Business Process Study & Analysis, Designing TO-BE Business Processes keeping in mind the Best Practices which included following activities:
- Series of meeting with the client to make them understand the purpose of making AS-IS and providing guidance for the same.
- Gathering complete information about the existing system.
- Preparation of the blueprint documents describing the complete AS-IS process, in context to the existing system.
- Graphical representation through flow charts was included in the AS-IS blueprint process flow document describing the complete process.
- Prepared TO-Be documents for the client keeping in mind the client requirements and business processes.
- Migration of Data with LSMW: Creation of LSMW templates & data transfer using Batch Input LSMW for various objects like Asset Master, GL Open Items, GL Master, Cost Centers, etc.
- Preparation of Test Scripts for various scenarios listed & tested in the SAP system.
Senior Software Engineer
- Configuration of FI global settings, Configured company code, Created GL accounts, Defined posting keys, document type, define fiscal year variant, Define posting period Variant, maintained field status variants and assigned to company code, screen variants for document entry as per business specifications & tested the configuration in various scenarios.
- Accounts Payable-Configuration of Automatic Payments that includes Defining House Bank, Configuring Payment Methods, Bank Determination, paying Co. Code, Extended Withholding Taxation Reporting settings, etc.
- Set up and Execute Automatic Payment Run.
- Configure and test new depreciation areas, keys, assignment of accounts, run depreciation run, etc.
- Conducting KT Sessions with offshore 10 Team Members each for FA, PS & AP.
- FI-related process development leveraging the AAES Business Process Procedures and templates.
- Have worked towards solving the defects raised on HPQC from the Most Critical severity to the low severity in between the timelines of SLA.
- Also, provided functional support to the technical team ABAP at the time of development of the reports & thereon unit testing the reports at our end.
- Worked on the Functional designs for the enhancement of the logic for Currencies in G/L Reports & is involved in preparing the Functional Specification document for the Project System report for the R3 phase.
- Performed FUT (Functional Unit Testing)
- Developments/Changes in regard to existing customized modules and reports.
- Developments of customized reports and BDC programs.
- Developments SCAT/eCATT/LSMW for uploading of Master data and Transactional data.
- Developments Report painter and Financial statement versions.
- Configuration for New House Banks, Payment methods, and GL auto clearing settings.
- Configuration of Validations & Substitutions (both FI & CO).
- Coordination with team and End Users, Super Users.
- Period end and Year-end activities assistance to the users.
Senior Software Engineer
- Configuration of Fixed Assets Module for Chile & Peru Countries-Fixed Assets-activities like Configuration of Chart of Depreciation, Maintain Depreciation keys, Define Calculation Methods, Define Multi Levels, Define Period Control, Defining Depreciation methods, Screen Layouts, Define Asset Class, and Define Account Determination, etc.
- Creating and Maintaining AR / AP Master Records, Defining Number Ranges for AR / AP Account, Defining Tolerance Groups for Vendors/Customers, Defining Terms of Payments for Vendors/Customers, A/P Down payment process (FI-AP): Configured special G/L indicators for down payment postings and request. Interest calculation procedures and Dunning Basic Configuration, Account clearing, etc.
- Was involved in Unit Acceptance Testing & prepared Test Scripts. I have worked on REV-TRAC concept in SAP.
Senior Software Engineer
- Configured organization structure for company code, field status variant, fiscal variants, posting periods, document number ranges.
- Configuration of FI global settings, configured company code, Created GL accounts, defined posting keys, maintained field status variants and assigned to company code, screen variants for document entry as per business specifications, and tested the configuration in various scenarios. Configuration of GL automatic clearing.
- Configured the basic settings of special purpose ledger including creating ledgers, activity types, and field movements.
- Creation of House Banks, General Accounts, Cost Center, Cost Element, and Generated reports using Report Writer and Report Painter.
- Configured FI-Bank: House Bank and Check Management, Cash Journal.
- Configuration of Asset Accounting for various Company Codes and COD and uploading the Master Data. Processing of Asset under Construction-Internal Settlement/ external settlement of AUC to Fixed Assets, Upload Fixed Asset Master data and Values.
- Project System configuration: Defined the Project coding mask, created the project file and WBS status profile. Maintained Cost Planning profile, Budget Profiles and set the tolerance limit for the availability control.
- Configuration of Automatic Payment Run, Electronic Bank Account Statement Transfer, and Manual Bank Statement.
- Complete configuration of Extended Withholding Tax and extensive testing.
- Migration from Classic Withholding tax to Extended Withholding tax changeover process for India.
- Involved in preparation of the training manuals through SAP Tutor for different transactions etc.
- Creation of Business process documents and uploading of the same for the purpose of up-gradation of SAP from Version 4.7 to version ECC6.0 in SAP Solution Manager and testing with SCATT.
- Testing of the Business Processes carried in FI/CO with end-users during up-gradation of SAP from 4.7 versions to ECC6.0 also provided training and production support for business users. Documented the vital changes, performed the system tests, and trained the members of the client team on new system functionality.
- Involved in Data conversion from an external system using SAP LSMW functionality Direct Input and Batch Input.
- Provided user training on procedures and assistance in developing user Training manuals and planned the training sessions.
- Training and Documentation of all relevant process UAT (User Acceptance Testing), Integration Testing, Test Scripts arranging and coordinating the testing activities, Trouble Shooting. Cut off procedures along with uploading and tallying of legacy assets and the future depreciations etc., - Support and Maintenance of the System.
- Tested Z-Transactions as per the user requirements and worked closely with users for creating scripts for Quarter/ year-end procedures.
- Involved in the key Integration of Finance with MM and SD modules
Environment: SAP R/3 4.7, ECC 6.0, FI, GL, AP, AR, AA, EWT, SOLMAN, HALM.