- Professional with 20 years of experience in global procurement and Supply Chain Management, with English proficiency and Spanish as a native language; born in Peru and permanent resident of Confidential (green card holder).
- Work experience in the automotive sector, retail, marketing networks, pharmaceutical and EPC projects in energy and railway sectors.
- With 12 years of teaching and training experience in Peruvian universities, institutes and companies.
- Owner of communicative, assertive, analytical, planning, influential, training and mentoring skills. As well as skilled in team leadership, proactivity, empathy, methodical and time management
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Global Procurement
- International commercial intelligence
- Data analytics tools (Excel, Tableau and Power BI)
- Materials demand planning
- Strong negotiation skills
- Procurement, sourcing and category management (RFX)
- Sourcing, selection, negotiation, evaluation, audit and vendor management
- Customer service (Orders follow up and billing)
- Letter of Credits opening and negotiation
- Creation, analysis and update of procurement and logistics SOP
- KPI creation and follow up
- Data mining and management
- Installation and maintenance of facilities
- Project Management
- Budget and project scheduling planning
- Risk analysis and problem solving
- Procedures and systems training
- Pivot tables, formulas, conditional formatting, advanced filters, basic macros, Power Query, Power View and Dashboards, etc
- MS WORD, POWER POINT, OUTLOOK, VISIO and PROJECT.
- SAP BO, R3 (module MM and SD) and ORACLE
- SAP PM and PP; SQL, ACCESS, POWER BI, TABLEAU, SHAREPOINT and AUTOCAD
Ocean Export / Import Coordinator
- Provide shipping options and quotes based on cargo specifications and destination with the focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Coordinate bookings with steamship lines, U.S. Customs clearance, documentation using company cargo management systems (Magaya)
- Respond to customer requests and shipments, prepare invoices accurately and collect payments according to terms
- Customs clearance imports dealing with government agencies like DOT and EPA
- Support opening of new facilities
- Leader of the shopper team and support that shoppers need to complete their job
- Training, evaluation and feedback on the shoppers’ performance pening and closing of the shift and registration of worked hours of shoppers into the system
Logistic Project Manager
- Management of the supply chain operations of the company for the largest train project in Lima - Peru
- Support other divisions of the company involved in this project to follow BPS according to client’s requisitions (HITACHI-AST)
- Develop and/or follow up of Logistics and SCM KPIs (like reliability and capacity)
- Support and supervision of production of Confidential suppliers (Brazil, Colombia, Germany and China) using SAP PP (creations of materials, BOM, work stations, productions orders according to MPS and MRP), tracking of change control of equipment components working directly with suppliers, supported by engineering and quality areas and verification of equipment packaging according to project standards
- Receiving, inspection and delivery of equipment and materials in warehouse in coordination with other areas, claims to suppliers if any damages and creations and follow up of NCC documents
- Strategic sourcing, TCO evaluation for purchases over $50k, negotiation of technical and commercial conditions with support of the engineering area (RFI, RFP and RFQ)
- Contract management and procurement activities using category management (assigned direct/indirect categories: Transport, Safety, Industrial products/services and Warehousing services)
- Vendor onboarding and management (SRM), annual audits, collecting documents and performance evaluation
- Negotiation of NO- Confidential vendor contract terms and conditions for supplier agreement, communication with contracting parties on the fulfillment of contractual obligations
- Change control for manufacturing of equipment in coordination with Quality and Engineering areas
- Implementation of SCM strategies like stablishing price lists contracts and working with open POs to reduce the purchasing time
- Monitoring the terms and documentation of the contractual milestones of the project ensuring that deliverables are completed on time and quality without any escalations (using MS Project and SharePoint)
- Planning and forecasting of materials using SAP PP (MRP and EDI) and Excel functions (in coordination with the engineering team) for minor items and equipment requested by the project (hardware, cables, metallic structures, electric components, consumables, equipment’s calibration, PPE, etc)
- Creation, analysis and update of logistics SOP for project operations according to client request in coordination with Engineering, Construction and QC teams
- Generation of purchase requisitions, POs, creation and update of materials using SAP MM
- Support to reply customer inquiries and process orders using SAP SD and follow up
- Support as key user to test SAP MM after black out for transition from Confidential to Confidential MOBILITY
Commercial and Operations Manager
- In charge of commercial activities such as recruiting clients and getting their loyalty
- In charge of operations of the company such as pricing, invoicing, preparation and revision of documents (BL, AWB, Invoices, packing lists, CO, etc)
- Import/export clearance using ocean, air or courier carriers and HTS classification for the clients
- Negotiation with customs brokers, shipping companies, NVOCC freight forwarder, Customs warehouses and local carriers (FTL and LTL)
- Support and advice to the clients throughout the process of the logistics chain, getting information of potential markets using international commercial intelligence and data mining
- Tracking orders from the moment the client sends/receives the PO until the product arrives its destination.
- Management of imports and exports of pharma, dental and CPG restricted products with special transport conditions (refrigerated)
- Request to Peruvian authorities the import/export license and preparation of all necessary paperwork.
- Support to clients for materials management and fulfillment of GWP/GMP
- Support to clients to create and/or update their SOP
- Support to clients by doing sourcing and demand planning for their main products (previous ABC analysis)
Supply Chain Management Coordinator
- Support to start operations of the company in Peru.
- Responsible for the global and local logistics aimed to allow the correct operation of the company.
- Constant effort to reduce logistics costs and to improve the processes through the elaboration SOP
- Management of own warehouse, monthly and weekly control of inventory and ABC classification.
- HTS classification with customs brokers, analysis of import costs for introducing new products
- Sourcing of the best international suppliers and selecting the best mean of transportation for imports (ocean, air and courier)
- Selection of FTL and LTL carriers, analysis and comparison of the costs associated to local transport
- Procurement activities using category management (assigned categories: Transport, Customs brokers, Safety, Security, IT and warehousing services).
- Planning and forecasting of materials (through data management and mining with Excel) of products needed for the sales.
- Materials management according to suppliers specifications and applying GWP (nutrition and personal care products)
- Supervision of fulfillment of orders (packing, picking and delivery) in warehouse
- Support to customer service in invoicing and verification of payment of orders also analysis of balance differences of customer accounts
- Support for minor reparations and assembly of equipment in coordination with global suppliers
- In charge of warehouse maintenance operations (utilities, A/C, housekeeping, etc).
- Management of the logistics processes of the Field Services for the maintenance of thermoelectric power plants ( Confidential gas/dual turbines)
- In charge of imports and exports in definitive and temporary operations for special equipment (over-size /over-weight), tools and consumables using air or sea freight (standard/special containers like open top or flat racks even charting vessels if necessary) and local transportations using heavy haul trucks
- Warehouse management using 3PL operators, reception and verification of cargo, claims to suppliers in case of any damage, presentation of monthly report of status of cargo
- Procurement activities using category management (assigned indirect categories: Transport, Safety, Industrial products/services and warehousing services)
- Sourcing of suppliers and the negotiation of the terms of reference (RFI, RFP and RFQ)
- Monitoring of the compliance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards required by the clients of the projects.
- Support to other project areas of Energy division for monitoring and follow up of contractual milestones and requested documentation and ensuring that deliverables are completed on time and quality according to scheduled planning activities (using MS EXCEL and MS PROJECT)
- Creation and follow up of the POs in the SAP R3 to send them to the factory through EDI
- Imports and exports management (ocean, air, courier and hand carry) in coordination with “in house” customs broker for examining tariff schedules and make sure that they are not restricted goods (green light)
- Consolidation of cargo in K&N warehouse in Germany to coordinate the import according to cost analysis
- International trade operations (imports and exports by ocean, air and courier).
- Imports costing, HTS classification, invoices/bills revision and registration in system and delivery to the accounting area
- Insurance claims in case of damages or losses of cargo
- ABC classification of products with higher turnover and demand planning in accordance with the SOP
- Support of the implementation of ISO 9001 and Oracle as a key user of the processes
- Customer service experience attending regular and special orders of spare parts and tools of local dealers and orders from foreign clients (branches of Chile, Ecuador, Colombia and Bolivia)
- Imports record data management to analyze Landed Cost in order to find deviations and make corrections
- Support for migration to ERP Oracle as key user in logistic field.
Imports and sales management Assistant
- Imports operations all the vehicles and trucks of the company besides costing and clearance operation.
- Coordination with shipping companies to book ro-ro vessel, supervision of unloading of units in port of Callao to be delivery to warehouse and claims to insurance company in case of damages in units
- Creation of sales orders for special clients and configuration of the unit in the factory system for brands like AUDI or VW
- Invoicing to dealers and special clients and inventory management of units to be in dealers’ showrooms
- Support to sales area to attend foreign clients
- Planning of orders to factories in coordination with marketing and sales areas
- Negotiation of conditions of Letter of credits with local banks, opening of LC, follow up of shipments against these LC, documents endorsement, requirement and follow up of warrants with banks and warehousing companies.