- Operated IT training/consulting business. Advised clients, entered into performance contracts and NDAs. Hired instructors/consultants. Organized training sessions. Configured training coursework to clients’ needs.
- Proven success in developing software of critical importance to business operation in realm of Medical Informatics.
- Oversaw preparation of DICOM Conformance Statement for Confidential Medical. Provided 3rd - level support for Confidential Synapse PACS. Resolved problems with DICOM communication. Developed performance tests for Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS).
- Designed and developed new functionality, maintained existing software, automated test environments, internationalized/localized, and performed highly visible system deployments, upgrades and migrations of Direct Talk (a large-scale Unix based IVR) for IBM, including in foreign countries.
- First Confidential franchise for Confidential (IT training organization) that primarily focuses on delivering Robotics training courses to corporate clientele that mostly includes fortune 500 companies and governmental organizations.
- Advises customers of course (training) details, prepares quotes and negotiates with clients and trainers. Hired trainers and administered day-to-day business operation and instructed classes.
- Organizes training events securing venues for public in-class training and/or in-cloud AWS virtual machine for course attendees.
- Direct contractor on a pre-sale analyses and architecture of Point of Sale middleware system with social media and web-based self-service aspects. Analyzed business requirements and compiled their structured documentation, then architected DB Schema and .NET Web Application.
- Documented software
- Architected/evaluated new DB Schema in SQL Server/ASP.NET (MVC, Entity Framework, Razor).
- Responsible for "The buck stops here" (third-level) software support/maintenance, as well as new feature development, in highly critical, government regulated, medical device generically referred to as PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System) and trademarked as Synapse®, utilized for storage and retrieval of medical images in DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) Standard file format. Primarily dealing with DICOM images and their processing by the software system in a C++ Windows Server environment.
- Resolved issues and developed new features for Synapse® PACS utilizing MS Visual Studio C++, Windows Server, Internet Information Services (IIS) and SQL/Oracle programming environment.
- Responsible for DICOM Conformance Statement the system was to be released with. (DICOM Conformance Statement enumerates capabilities of a system so that it may be interfaced with third party DICOM conforming software.) Responsible for evaluation of competing vendors DICOM conformance statements and expanding our systems support for DICOM feature coverage.
- Provided consultation to cross-functional team members from research, marketing, deployment, and quality assurance and testing.
- Designed and implemented test automation that mimics DICOM C-STORE/C-MOVE SCU/SCP that performed compression consistency verification of images undergoing storage and retrieval. This enabled issue detection with every build avoiding manual testing.
- Adhered to established procedures for software development and documentation, change management, testing required by regulatory standards in this controlled industry. Participated in risk management reviews.
- Ported production code from Windows 2003 Server (32-bit) to Windows 2008 Server (64-bit).
- Utilized MS COM (Component Object Model) technology (Windows Controls) to avail scriptable interfaces
- Successfully developed prove-of-concept HL7 Integration Engine that resulted in starting a formal project to eliminate third party product and save company customers considerable costs.
- Retooling in order to keep up with advancements of fast paced software industry.
- Data Warehousing (ETL, OLAP, MS SQL Analytical Services).
- Unified Process and UML.
- Internet programming with Java and JSP, Spring Framework, Hibernate (ORM), Aspect Oriented Programming.
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Embedded Software Engineer
- On assignment at IBM’s Pervasive Speech. Worked on Embedded ViaVoice Speech Recognition and its test automation development. Software was released on multiple embedded platforms (over 12 different ones). It was a part of GM OnStar and Honda in-car GPS system, among others.
- Designed and implemented test suites for multi-platform embedded speech recognition systems (C/C++, Perl, Java, and Excel). Designed test for Natural Language Understanding (NLU).
- Maintained as a component owner a C++ based test automation application whose performance was pivotal for product readiness assessment and successful release.
- Designed and implemented MS Excel (VBA) based test results criteria evaluation automation utility, vastly improving accuracy and precision and especially configurability (supporting new, and ever expanding, testing criteria with ease).
Voice Processing Software Engineer
- Software maintenance and development of Samsung’s embedded voicemail system running on MS DOS.
- Single-handedly maintained and enhanced over 100,000 lines of C/C++ code for a highly visible voicemail embedded application used in Samsung telephony switches worldwide.
- Developed code on a platform that offers nothing but file system services. Cooperative multithreading was part of the software I maintained. Software was very highly reliable (in telephony downtime was calculated ten minutes per year per line).
- In six months’ time rebranded the software to Samsung specification and release it with almost no issues; one of the few trouble-free product launches.
- Designed and implemented concurrent multi-language voice user interface capability/feature for the voicemail.
Software Development Engineer
- On assignment at IBM’s Speech Business Unit. Worked on IBM’s Computer Telephony Integration product, ViaVoice Telephony and ViaVoice Directory Dialer.
- Ensured Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) product C++ source code Y2K compliance.
- Responsible for building and packaging Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) software system for Sun Microsystems platform.
- Purposefully hired for the established expertise on DirectTalk (now part of or extension to Web Sphere) for IBM AIX (Unix) platform, performing as the onsite advisor.
- Designed and implemented a sophisticated speech recognition-based currency converter telephony application that ran on DirectTalk/NT in Telephony-Rexx/Object Rexx and Java Beans environment.
- Co-authored an internally published IBM document on speech-based user interface usability.
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Trained system administrators as well as end-user trainers (Train the Trainer -3Ts) on DirectTalk VoiceMail System.
- Translated the VoiceMail system software to provide support for Spanish and Korean languages.
- Recording of voice talent.
- Performed critical, highly visible upgrades of the VoiceMail system in very large scale environments.
- Traveled to foreign countries with the sole responsibility of providing turnkey VoiceMail solutions to IBM sites.
- Interacted directly with IBM upper management, ensuring client satisfaction.
- Informix database administration.
- Devised data migration of USGS Soils to State of Connecticut usable format.
- Participated in pre-release testing of Intergraph’s GeoMedia application.
- Earned certification in ESRI ArcView use and programming.