- Directed consulting engagements, responsible for all aspects of client relationship from proposal, planning, project management, billing and customer satisfaction through delivery. Successfully directed projects of more than $25MM and 70+ FTEs. Managed project staff in excess of 120 FTEs.
- Directed the implementation of multiple ERP systems (client - server, midrange and mainframe) in multiple industries (manufacturing, health care, consumer goods, retail, utilities, and chemicals.
- Significant experience leading change management initiatives, stakeholder management, communication planning, training strategy, key-employee retention and planning.
- Demonstrated record of IT senior leadership as Senior VP & CIO of MarinerHealthcare, IT Director - Western Confidential for Confidential and SE Manager for EDS.
- Broad business process background, with relevant experience with all back office processes and applications including record-to-report, order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, human resources / payroll and customer relationship management.
- Extensive experience with project management methodologies, establishment of global Program Management Office processes (PMO), project tracking, milestone tracking, issues management, risk management, resource management and earned value tracking.
- Facilitated conceptual and detail design, issues management, risk management, led status meetings, client presentations and Board presentations.
- Demonstrated expertise in program/project and operational financial management, including budget responsibility, billing, profitability and contract management.
- Self-employed. Provide Big 5 experience and consulting expertise: Global PMO management, business plan analysis; accounting system/process consulting; web-site development to small businesses.
- Projects included providing Project Management Office leadership to a global ERP implementation for a Fortune 500 mining company (Freeport-McMoRan)
- IT assessment of major professional services organization (Horne LLP); Project Director software development for a major accounting firm (Blackline Parners LLP); Project Manaager Agile software development (Food for the Hungry); migration to a new accounting system (MicroSoft) for a local pool service company (Sparkle Pool Service); resolving accounting discrepancies resulting from a migration to a new accounting system (MicroSoft) and developing a suite of new management reports for an internet services company (Allied International); business analysis of software development (Agile) for a major non-profit.
- Management of web site development projects for commercial loan (Cathedral Rock Capital), private investment (BHALM LLC), and retail (Valley View Christmas Trees, Christmas Lights Phoenix).
Director, Finance Transformation
- Directed project to define best practice finance processes (Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, Record-to Report) for a major defense contractor (ATK) migrating to a new ERP platform.
- Managed conceptual and detail design, development and testing of an interim software solution (integrating SAP and PeopleSoft billing applications) to enable the impending merger of two major Utility company shared service organizations (Exelon and PSEG).
- Refined policies and procedures for procure-to-pay and purchasing card management for AOL. Directed project to communicate "How to Buy at AOL" strategy to all authorized AOL purchasers of products and services, including internal web site, communication and training.
- Established Disaster Recovery capabilities, IT Change Management processes, revised security standards and re-established the executive steering committee for prioritizing IT projects.
- Directed the shared services ERP (PeopleSoft) implementation project to improve and standardize the order-to-cash process and reduce overall cost to deliver. Change Program included cost/benefit analysis, defining application architecture, development of implementation plans and estimation of implementation resources and costs.
- Directed the site selection process for the envisioned shared service center.
- Developed the strategy to outsource various IT processes and oversaw the RFI/RFP process with IBM, EDS and CSC.
- Directed Change Program to outsource the U.S. finance process of 3 divisions of Shell Chemical in preparation for their sale to 3rd parties. Projects included cloning the Shell Chemical SAP platform to support 3 stand-alone companies. Implementation of a financial and treasury systems and processes. Implementation of the Hyperion consolidation, budgeting and reporting system
- Directed consulting resources supporting establishment of IT Shared Services for Catholic Healthcare West including; Data Center, IT organization, IT support and Portfolio and Change management.
- Directed consulting engagement to assist in the development of customer service strategy, developed the technical architecture to support and implement call center technologies and supporting processes for Catholic Healthcare West. Project included development of training materials and performance metrics and monitoring.
- Directed project to implement SAP for Catholic Healthcare West at St. Rose Hospital in Henderson, NV.
- Developed business case for financial component of outsourcing back office processes (BPO) for HydroOne.
- Provided Project planning expertise to the IT department planning the IT system merger for S.C. Confidential Wax after their acquisition of DowBrands.
IT Director - Western Confidential & Program Director
- Directed project to implement the BPCS ERP system which included the Record-to-Report, Procure-to-Pay, and Order-to-Cash processes.
- Managed project to select and implement the Hyperion consolidation, budgeting and reporting system for Western Confidential region of Confidential .
- Directed project to implement one of the first single European bank solution for Treasury utilizing Confidential for all of Western Confidential Treasury functions.
- Established a program office (PMO) to monitor and support the $70M Pan European change program for Confidential . This included the design of the change program organization (PMO) structure, steering group role and responsibilities, Change Management controls, quality review processes, planning mechanisms, etc.
- Consolidated the management of country-based IT organizations to establish a centralized IT organization based in London.
- Directed the outsourcing of certain IT services (central data center operations and help desk support), including establishment of the governance framework, SLA’s, and service contract with third party supplier (CSC).
- Provided consulting and project management support and application development required in the creation of NCNB Texas after NCNB acquisition of Republic Bank in Dallas, TX, provided management leadership during the NCNB Texas move from unit to branch banking and establishment of an IT service center.
- Provided consulting and project management support to the planning of the changes required to support the future state Finance organization, resulting from the merger of NCNB and C&S Sovereign banks. This merger created the fourth largest Confidential with assets of $157B. Recommended the centralization of Confidential Finance back office processes into a single service center; this resulted in the reduction of Finance staff from 1600+ to 900.
- Engagement manager providing consulting support to a $25M restructuring project; The change program included combining three subsidiaries into two and the elimination of one sales force. This included the establishment of a Shared Service center to support Financial and Supply Chain processes, implementation of ERP applications and establishment of a central IT organization for North American operations.
- Directed the implementation of Software 2000 financial systems implement standard processes and development of custom modules and interfaces. Implemented a shared services solution consolidating three business operations.
- Directed the financial systems implementation project (McCormack & Dodge) for a $1B grocery chain (Furr’s Inc. ). Project documentation became the Confidential standard for ERP implementations.
Systems Analyst / SE Manager
- Project managed the implementation of GL and Capital Projects (MSA) for a $1B division of GM (Allison Gas Turbine), also Detroit Diesel Allison and Military Vehicle Operations divisions.
- Managed the development of gas turbine aircraft tracking and reporting application.
- Directed project to implement and consolidate to a single platform of the: HR/Payroll, Finance and Purchase-to-Pay systems (MSA and Cullinet) and revised the business processes of six US manufacturing plants and the corporate headquarters (SnyderGeneral).
- Managed the IT support function; supporting SnyderGeneral applications post-implementation.