- Proven product release management expertise to deliver internal and external applications to production within the planned timeline, on budget and with quality while leveraging risk remediation skills.
- Skilled in coordinating team efforts, leading technical initiatives and training internal/external staff. Strong communicator in goal planning and career advancement. Seasoned Scrum Master working with local and remote teams.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels and disciplines. Strong personal skills to encourage and foster collaboration within the team structure. Empowerment coach to help teams become self managing.
- Dedicated, self - motivated team player with excellent cross-functional multi-tasking and customer service
- Empowering leader with 15+ years leading multi-source teams in management/non-management roles.
- Successful quality delivery within Agile (Scrum and Kanban), Waterfall, Structured Iterative, SAFe development approaches. Experienced Scrum Master for multiple teams following various delivery processes.
- Project and Release coordination role for code delivery thru development, staging and production environments. Performed code delivery to staging environment via Jenkins build and code deploy to AWS.
- Release management coordination tools including Confluence and Jira. Proficient in MS Project and Excel for project management.
Agile Project Manager, Agile Coach, Scrum Master
- Agile coach to multiple teams and expertise on the agile process, best practices, ceremonies and delivery cadence. Introduced the core structure of agile, coached ownership and encouraged self-management within the team structure. Guided team members with best practices for emergent work. Introduced ‘shared services’ for UI and DevOPs work effort.
- Scrum Master to multiple teams and disciplines with the responsibility to ensure customer delivery commitment is met. Responsible for functional requirements to assist in project scope and timeline deliverables. Implemented Product Development process to ensure solid requirements and accurate delivery expectations.
- Agile process coaching geared towards the uniqueness of each deliverable. Rolled out the use of JIRA for all sprint and production support work with both Kanban and scrum formats. Engaged with teams with deliverables internal and external to build a solid roadmap and delivery plan.
- Quality coaching to help ensure a minimal level of validation prior to production go live. Introduced inter-sprint testing along with establishing foundation for CI/CD processes.
- Risk remediation as needed. Scope refinement using Agile processes such as backlog grooming and planning.
- Engaged with DevOPs operations to improve involvement at all levels.
Scrum Master, Release Coordinator and Manager, Quality Engineering
- Strategy leader to a talented team of manual and automation engineers within a SCRUM environment responsible to deliver and maintain Confidential ’s core framework. Team assignments include decomposition of monolithic applications into microservices.
- Coached and lead transition to automation first approach to testing using Protractor for Angular UI validation and Postman for services.
- Revised defect root cause analysis process to identify areas of quality improvement and lessons learned. This practice resulted in a 35% reduction in customer identified defects within 9 months.
- Review test cases and test strategies to ensure coverage before production deployments. Implemented core test practices to improve code delivery to production. Worked closely with development teams to increase unit test code coverage to over 90%
- Coach SCRUM teams towards ever higher quality by implementing peer review and team agreement on scope. This resulted in a more team approach to ownership of quality. This pivot in mindset resulted in zero P1 customer facing defects for our main customer portal for a period of 12 months.
- Release coordinator for product releases to production. Release manager for code delivery to staging environments and production using Jenkins code build and deploy to AWS. Release coordination documents maintained in Confluence. Release defects, activities and certification process using Jira.
- Work with Performance Engineers to establish processes and scope for performance testing of existing Billing and Payments platform.
- Helped drive teams towards CI and CD; define quality metrics for product/process improvement, including building dashboards and reports.
- Scrum Master/Product Owner for delivery team delivering features and refactoring of internal applications; manage sprint deliverables with team utilizing the application. Work with stakeholders on requirements and feature enhancements; work closely with the development team on decomposing features into stories, story pointing, and tasking.
- Quality champion responsible for changing the negative mindset regarding testing to a positive belief. Achieved via testing parties, collaborative events and lots of baking.
- Extensive use of JIRA for both Kanban and Scrum.
Confidential, Union, NJ
Manager, Enterprise Quality Assurance
- Built a testing team of 18+ employees and contractors of various skill levels and project roles for major home retailer; coached, trained, and developed team, performing career planning and staff reductions as needed.
- Level-set expectations regarding timeline and scope for projects of various sizes to ensure accurate communication of feature/testing completeness prior to UAT turnover (for Waterfall and Agile projects).
- Project Manager role for complex projects leading projects from requirements to completion. Coordinated efforts across multiple departments and disciplines. Risk remediation efforts for timeline, resources and scope.
- Quality leader for multiple customer facing and internal projects. Coordinated efforts with multiple stakeholders including internal staff, store associates and customers.
- Met delivery targets for multiple simultaneous projects in compliance with Agile processes.
- Engaged with Agile sprint teams to evaluate status, remediate issues, and coach on concepts of code freeze, stabilization, and feature decomposition.
- Maintained effective communication with team members, Scrum masters and all levels of management including status reports on testing progress, impediments and risks to project team; formulated remediation plan when needed including risk analysis, resource allocation and recommended completion timeframe.
- Using historical data, generated management statistics regarding project risks and options to meet deadlines.
- Generated statistics pertaining to test pass/fail rate, code quality, and development/testing progress.
- On-boarded quality staff members as needed for scope expansion or project needs.
Director, Quality Assurance and Scrum Master
- Led a 15-member team, including 6 onshore and 9 offshore (India and Belarus) resources for health care billing solutions company; acted as QA representative for Senior Management Oversight Committee.
- Ensured meeting defect maintenance targets; also worked with Scrum team on sprint planning.
- Balanced requirements and maintained communication across organization to ensure release quality.
- Created regression roadmap for multiple products including manual regression test case creation, translation to automated scripts, and execution from smoke to full execution before a change package was released to production (using keyword-driven automation to enable early automation adoption in testing cycle).
- Worked closely with Automation Center of Excellence on processes for creation of standards for automation from requirements; architected and implemented automated regression for CORE products using QTP with Quality Center (via both VB script and object-oriented keyword automation).
- Created process for ongoing maintenance and improvement of automated and manual regression to ensure accuracy of system modifications; implemented quality improvement processes to increase customer confidence.
- Led a team of 8 testing engineers, including 3 onshore and 5 offshore (India).
- Directed team assignments and responsibilities; provided matrix to senior management regarding product quality and productivity (focused on payer modules of eligibility, billing, commissions, and alternate funding).
- Provided regular coaching and feedback to reporting staff along with training as needed.
- Translated functional requirements and design specifications into test case documentation.
- Performed manual execution of test cases on all applicable product versions (results recorded in Quality Center).
- Logged and tracked defects in Serena Business Mashups 7.0 (Team Track); performed MSSQL, Oracle and Sybase database validation (Webservice verifications using SOAP UI).
- Responsible for maintenance of XML batch programs to update system/databases.