- Multi - Talented scrupulous professional with dedicated passion for healthcare, seeking to utilize and develop skills to provide quality patient care. I thrive on challenge with a strong will to advance leadership skills while working collaboratively and independently with minimum supervision. In addition, the commitment, enthusiasm and determination to succeed in every task ensures I am an asset in the workplace.
- C, C++
- MS Office Suite
- MedDRA coding
- Graphic Design
- Prescription Processing
- Health screening / CPR
- Case processing
- MedDRA coding
- Causality assessment
- Customer Service Relations
- Inventory Management
- Scientific report writing
- Narrative writing
- Signal Detection
- Literature review / Triage
- Clinical Research
- Patient counseling
- Data management
- Quality Management
- SAE reporting
- Case processing
Interim Program Manager
- Developed pharmacovigilance, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), International Conference of Harmonization (ICH), Standard Operating procedures (SOP) trainings and support for associates to improve accuracy and maintain higher quality standards to deliver exceptional customer service
- Identified issues and resolved program related concerns in compliance with SOP for clients such as GSK
- Created and maintained workflow trackers, flow charts, Power Point presentations to assess project metrics; providing performance feedback to meet and exceed client/program SLA and project plan
- Prioritized work to ensure SLA and critical path milestones are delivered on time per project plan.
- Successfully managed Lifecycle Safety data entry, assessment, documentation, and processing of incoming Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs) for accurate reportability per SOP guidelines
- Monitored and performed quality control on adverse events information gathered for accurate data entry.
- Subject matter expert (SME) on SOPs, FDA guidelines & regulations, ICH, Argus database, MedDRA.
- Collaborated with teams responsible for Safety Publishing, Risk Management, Safety Surveillance and Medical Information while building strong and effective team management/mentoring skills
- Conducted staff meetings, prepared meting minutes, memos, schedules and payroll for 125 employees.
Patient access Specialist
- Received, triaged and processed data from patients and healthcare professionals to drug information center.
- Collected and reported Lifecycle Safety data per SOP regulations for adverse drug events, product complaints and performed entry into Oracle Argus database.
- Provided pharmacovigilance training and support to associates to deliver exceptional customer service
- Created Adverse Event (AE) and Product Quality Complaint (PQC) reports with accurate medical terminology and concise narratives for data entry per SOP guidelines.
- Independently analyzed and resolved reimbursement delays, prior authorization denials and appeals
- Resolved customer requests ensuring program policy adherence while escalating necessary complaints
- Managed assistance program for multiple states assisting patients, providers and caregivers to improve quality of patient care and adherence
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities ranging from reviewing test scripts to conducting dry runs and Formal Execution Testing.
- Conducted benefit verification by identifying any possible coverage restrictions expediting patient access
- Verified and reviewed patient specific insurance benefits to ensure continued access to medications.
- Initiated and documented claim appeals and authorization process by reporting delays to the management
- Verified complex benefits for private commercial payers, Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare and others.
- Worked as a head pharmacy technician and conducted monthly health checkups at required locations
- Transcribed prescriptions for accurate and efficient processing using PDX and EPS
- Trained and supervised new hires method of processing prescriptions and insurance claims
- Maintained inventory through Mckesson and KERR making certain appropriate storage of medications
- Ensured accuracy and appropriate entry of resident’s medical record
- Worked in conjunction with pharmacists monitoring and reassigning work flow as required
- Compounded non-sterile medications such as emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments
- Identified and resolved issues of claims denial and followed-up pending claims