- He is a senior IT and PMO consultant with 25 years of experience in multiple industries, project types and technologies using industry best practices.
- He has helped numerous organizations achieve their business and IT goals thru thought leadership, virtual team building, adaptation, problem solving, collaboration, communications, research, innovation and quality.
- Project and Program Management success can be attributed to following best practices and standards, setting expectations with key stakeholders, over delivering, ensuring end user buy - in, robust communications, virtual team building, problem solving and a fierce commitment to quality, collaboration, flexibility and value realization (measurements: KPIs and analytics)
- Product Owner/Manager - Business-IT alignment through facilitation and collaboration - transforming business vision, goals and objectives into Epics, Features and User Stores; defining, innovative solutions to complex problems
- Agile-Scrum Master - translating the Product Backlog into Epics and Stories, facilitating ceremonies, fostering collaboration, stakeholder involvement and value creation
- SDLC Automation (CI/CD - tools based) - process, program and project management; portfolio and application planning
- Privacy, Security and compliance - compliance program management; security consulting; selection and implementation of security solutions; post audit issue remediation; in depth knowledge of federal regulations (e.g., HIPAA, PCI DSS) and Standards (NIST SP800x including 171) and their translation into practical requirements
- Application/website development using AGILE/Scrum; prioritization with key stakeholders; value creation, Product Roadmap/Sprint Planning, Requirements elicitation, user stories development, UAT, implementation planning, etc.
- PMO process improvements through root cause analysis of project issues, project quality reviews; project status dashboards for executives; resource capacity planning and project portfolio management
- Repeatable Methodology development (e.g., the Agile-Scrum Playbook, the Lean PM Workbook, Agile Adoption, Requirements Management, Package Selection-Acquisition); methodologies have contributed to project success
- ITSM/ITIL - assessment of current IT service management policies, processes and standards using industry standards; development of new/improved processes and artefacts; deployment, adoption and monitoring use/impact
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning; failover environment construction and testing
- (COTS) Solution implementation - organization impact assessment and planning, business process redesign, data conversions, interface development, testing methods and UAT, release/sprint management
- Project/Program/Product Management
- Lean Agile - Scrum/Kanban, SAFe, PMBOK (Waterfall)
- Product Backlog development/ prioritization, Value Stream Mapping
- Epic, Feature, Story writing
- Scrum Master (certified)
- PMO Consulting (design/operations)
- DevOps, SDLC Automation (CI/CD)
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business/IT Lean Process Improvement (continuous)
- Project Audit/Quality Assurance
- Resource Capacity Planning
- Requirements Management
- Security/Privacy Risk Mitigation Issue, Risk, Change Management
- IT Security - Audit issue resolution
- Regulatory Compliance - PCI DSS, HIPAA Security, Privacy, HITRUST
- KPIs, Metrics & Benefit Realization
- Leadership and people management
- Methodology development
- Application/web/mobile app development using Agile-Scrum
- Package/COTS evaluation/selection
- Systems implementations
- Business and IT Alignment
- IT Strategic Planning; Road Maps
- IT Infrastructure Projects
- DR/Business Continuity Planning
- Data Modeling; Data Management
- EDI/Interface development
- IT Cost Optimization
- Vendor/Supplier Management
- IT Outsourcing Application Globalization
- ITIL; ITSM; SLA Tracking/Reporting
Sr. Project/Program Manager
- Hired as a Metrics Champion to define, design and implement metrics/KPIs and Program and Project status reporting for a multi-million-dollar SDLC Automation Program at BoA. Responsibilities include defining top-down metrics, forecasts, source data systems, data quality processes, top-down/tiered reports including executive dashboards.
- New metrics and analytics transformed a struggling program into a very successful initiative by creating visibility and decision-making information to all levels of a 2,000+ person program. Developed sophisticated Level of Effort and Forecast Models to predict and illustrate the trajectory of the Program.
- Provided senior level Program and Project Management consulting services to the executives and key stakeholders; included extensive meeting facilitation and communications.
- Designed, documented, implemented and managed new processes to operate, manage and control various aspects of Program (e.g., Issue, Scope, Change, Problem and Resource Management)
- Contract extended twice; winner of the Confidential Living Values Award
Sr. Project/Program Manager
- Managed a fast-paced, $1M PCI DSS compliance program and projects for a major restaurant chain.
- Key accomplishments include the resolution of 120 significant compliance (security) gaps and risks, in-depth requirements analysis which included a practical consideration of PCI DSS regulations and Security Standards Council guidelines. Introduced PM PMBOK best practices and Agile-Scrum to a traditional waterfall IT organization.
- Project deliverables included typical PM PMBOK and Agile-Scrum artifacts, new security policies, procedures, standards, process-dataflow maps.
- Concurrently, managed the successful technology refresh of 138 restaurants - Point of Sale, networking, and IT infrastructure; responsible for scheduling and management of Corp. IT, multiple IT subcontractors and store managers
- Key supporting role to the Program Director of the WK Global Network Transformation initiative
- Provided senior level Program Management, PMO processes, Project Management best practices and quality assurance; responsibilities included top down status reporting with dashboards, KPIs and analytics
- Developed a detailed plan to implement the Network Transformation future-state strategy and program for 2017 that aligned with business goals, a project portfolio, resource requirements and KPIs.; a $4M 2017 budget was approved
- Worked with suppliers such as Dell, Cisco and AT&T to improve interactions and processes, reconcile global network asset inventories, circuit upgrades and pricing, etc.; provided CIO with decision making information re EoSL equipment.
- Led an effort to improve Network Service Request Fulfillment processes; process mapping, redesign, analytics and planning efforts for ServiceNow migration; analytics provided a visibility into a growing backlog of service requests
- Supported the global Data Center Consolidation and Cloud Transformation teams with program management, dashboards, cost models; efforts removed the Network Services organization as a bottleneck
Senior Project Manager
- Managed successfully two concurrent Tibco platform/web development projects for an oil and gas company in Fort Worth, TX and a new start up health plan in Minneapolis, MN; both using AGILE-Scrum methodologies & techniques; efforts included process modeling for membership, enrollment, providers, claims processing, etc.
- Accomplishments included the project turn-around of the oil and gas project and a successful, fast-paced proof of concept for the health plan and the Tibco platform - SpotFire, Business Works, Tx Insight etc.
- Introduced missing PM standards, project audit/quality assurance, tools and templates to improve project success
- Developed and implemented a subset of PMO processes for a large ITSM organization of AIG IT. Processes included Project Portfolio Management, Program Management, Project Management, Project Quality assurance and Governance. Efforts increased the adoption and deployment of corporate PM standards and artifacts and skills
- Worked with infrastructure and ITSM teams to develop multiple project scope-charter documents and project planning documents and facilitated the acquisition of funding from senior leadership. Accomplishments Included the development of multiple dashboards for IT leadership visibility and decision making (e.g., metrics and KPIs)
- Designed and implemented Governance processes for ServiceNow request-demand management and project pipeline management. Efforts streamlined and reduced chaos related to inbound requests/demands.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Technical Program Director
- Helped develop and deploy a number of PMBOK-based Project Management processes, tools and templates (e.g., Project Quality/Compliance Reviews/Audits); wrote Project Management standards for corporate use
- Managed a team of seven (7) Project Managers in an effort to create new service offerings and internal job aids
- Successfully managed a complex Internet of Things connected device security assessment for a leading kitchen appliance manufacturer. Responsible for documenting the current state (safeguards/mechanisms), identifying/ranking top security weaknesses/risks and making recommendations to improve security. Technology involved Ayla Networks cloud services, Card Access embedded devices and Nurun mobile apps. Roles as the Project Manager and Security Consultant included managing a small team of security consultants, managing the vendors and presenting results.
- Instrumental in the development of new Confidential Security service offerings; contributions included market demand analysis, the definition of new Security services; development of reusable collateral such as methodologies, tools and templates; analysis of top security threats and risks, best practices and standards such as ISO 27001 & NIST SP800x
- Contributions as a solution architect led to several new contracts and an increase in revenues
Sr. Project Manager
- Managed a strategic three-phase program to allocate telecom voice costs by usage (minutes) to business units. Efforts included the creation of a virtual team and rigorous telecom data analysis. Extensive use of Planview (Troux, etc.)
- Help managed three (3) large scale data storage array migration projects - EMC to Dell Compellent; responsible for scheduling downtime of hundreds of servers, apps and databases with IT Owners. Efforts resulted in a significant cost savings related to the EMC equipment and the decommissioning of hundreds of unnecessary servers.
- Citrix 4.5 to 6.5 Migration project - assumed a key role as the liaison between application teams and Citrix Engineers, Dell PMs and Infrastructure management. Project migrated or decommissioned over 2,300 Citrix installed apps.
- Dell BPO Network inventory, assessment and planning. Responsibilities included Project Management, liaison between Dell IT Network team, Services IT Network team and India based BPO teams.
- Senior ITIL/ITSM consulting to the State of Tennessee Office of IT. Assessment of current IT policies, processes and procedures using an ITIL v3 framework and other industry standards. Worked directly for the CIO to assess compliance with policies. Created a road map and actionable recommendations to improve IT processes.
- Developed an executive dashboard for tracking IT process maturity levels, progress and status.
Technical Program Director, Solution ArchitectConfidential
- Responsible for improving, packaging, selling and delivering a portfolio of Confidential IT service offerings
- Supported sales team by identifying customer’s problems and requirements, aligning business and IT, developing comprehensive solutions, writing winning proposals, and customer presentations
- Member of the Confidential Mobile (app dev.) Center of Excellence (e.g., Agile-Scrum methodology)
- Key accomplishments: two-time winner of the Independent Contributor of Excellence (ICE) Award for the West Region; managed four very successful projects; developed new business development workshops