- IT Professional; achieves stated objectives in complex, high profile projects through standard Project Management practices, using both IPEMC and DMAIC and PMBOK guidelines.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills, ability to achieve consensus. Create atmosphere of cooperation and inclusion to maximize personnel and company goals.
- Project Management Disaster Recovery Desktop Support
- Data Center Management Change Management Remote Support
- IT Infrastructure Break/Fix
- Mgt Science/Ops Research Hardware/Software Installation & Configuration
- Operating Systems
- Windows OS
- All MS Project Veritas
- Remedy VPN MS Office Ghost
- Visio VM Ware Front
- Page Smart Phones
Technical Project Manager
- Technical Project Manager for Confidential installing HP blade servers in a multi - datacenter environment using the DMAIC model.
- Projects involved installation of HP blade servers and chassis in a FlexFabric environment and the installation of NAS/SAN storage, VM Ware, SQL server, Workload Manager, obtaining MOAB licenses, and inventorying them in Maximo
- Managed multiple projects simultaneously, keeping track of all through Project and Excel.
- Scheduled and led weekly meeting of diversified groups across several time zones, coordinating efforts between various groups in order to advance project to completion.
- Created and maintained Work Breakdown Structures and Excel spreadsheets of project to monitor and control the project.
- Managed day-to-day tasks and problems through email, IM, and direct phone calls as needed.
- Brought two projects to full completion and closing.
Data Center Manager
- Lead person for all midrange server lifecycle including location, build, rack, maintenance, decommission and disposal in 4 data center rooms from 800 to 3000 sq. ft. for Confidential
- Led projects dealing with installation, decommissioning of all midrange servers using standard IPEMC Project Management procedures including VM Ware and base machines.
- Communicate effectively with project/program managers, power, cable, and other Confidential and Confidential personnel to ensure work is completed in an orderly and timely manner.
- Led move of servers for data center moves and consolidations; emptied a 2000 sq. foot. data center. Coordinated with 6 movers, 2 Sys Admin, 2 Cable Layers, and a Network Engineer.
- Took lead during a decommission set for wrong day on paper; informed key stakeholders of mistake and carried out decommission; saving Confidential over $200,000 in rental fees.
- Liaison between all levels of management and vendors to remove middleware communication bottlenecks and ensure all within chain-of-command knew what was going at any given moment.
- Held weekly meeting to reconcile DB2 and Lotus Notes databases with Finance.
Manager Information Technology & Human Resource
- Ran Windows 2000/2003 Network LAN/WAN, SQL, and XP Desktops, and PBX.
- Negotiated with vendors and made all IT buying decisions.
- Restored HP tape backup in 1 week which had been down for several months.
- Installed wireless internet in building for dancers, waiting parents, and other personnel.
- Installed CISCO 5505 firewall to replace aging software based firewall.
- Reduced complaints about network from multiple times a day to nearly zero in 3 months.
- Conducted employee survey. Developed “Director’s Weekly Chat” and employee outings.
- Authorized by Director to form a committee and create formal employee recognition program.
- Created and voiced phone mail boxes for Confidential donations and Big Boi auditions.
- Deployed wireless networks for warehouses and manufacturing facilities throughout U.S.
- Performed asset management of desktop systems, installed new and repaired systems.
- Set-up and tested CRM and SQL servers. Wrote report of set-up and results for management review.
Sr. Systems Analyst/Project Manager
- Upgraded, configuration and deployed 50 desktop PCs in 3 days of a 5 day project.
- Migrated/Upgraded 100 users to new building. Project Manager and Technical Lead for a team of 5 desktop support people. Project completed within given 3 week timeframe.
- Managed project via IPEMC and standard PMBOK methedology.
- Lead virtual team of 10 global employees including England and Australia for Knowledge Management Team challenge. Volunteered to Project Manage team. Organized 2 voice conferences for direct communications with team. Wrote final report which was presented to CEO for review. Praised by CEO for the excellent work.
- Constant communication and respect of customer and passing this model along to colleagues raised customer satisfaction from 88% to 95% in 1 year. Personal score was 97%.
- Created a technical support document that was adopted as a department-wide standard.
- Took initiative and tested upgrade of IE against current standard and discovered the company’s major software stopped working. Ensured it got corrected two weeks before push.
- Decreased average repair times from 4 hours to 2 within one year. Number 1 contributor to knowledge base, averaged 4 solutions per month; minimum required was 2 per month.
- Supported NT, 2000, 2003, AD, Novell, VM Ware, SQL, Citrix, and Red hat Linux enterprise environment of 500+ users using ISO 9000 techniques.
- Tracked tickets and issues using the Vantive ticketing system to meet SLAs with client.