- A certified Project Manager, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Program Consultant, Product Manager, and Agile Coach with experience managing the IT scope of major capital projects at a Confidential for over 15 years and more recently at a Fortune 10 company.
- He has delivered projects in various countries around the world
- He has problem solving, facilitation and interpersonal skills have enabled him to develop the leadership qualities that have made him successful in implementing Lean - Agile principles and methodologies to various portfolio and project management initiatives.
- He is recognized for his outstanding abilities in Team Leadership, Agile and Digital Transformations.
Senior IT Project Manager
- Managing a portfolio of software development and integration projects that delivered to the Business multi-million dollars of hard benefits, as well as, soft benefits such as process improvements. Coordinating the work of cross-functional teams of Business Analysts, Data Scientists, Software Developers, QA Testers, Scrum Masters, Release Train Engineers (RTEs), DevOps, System Architects, Product Owners and Shared Services to deliver business-enabling projects. These include:
- A global project to deploy an Artificial Intelligence (AI) solution for various Business Functions including Finance, HR, Legal and Global Security.
- A Process Automation project with PwC to automate the extraction of data for ERP databases for analysis and reporting.
- A Data Science project executed by globally dispersed Agile teams that integrates ISV solutions and generates Business Intelligence (BI) reports and Dashboards.
- Cloud Migration: A program designed to migrate select business applications and data to the Cloud, while leveraging new technologies such as Microservices and Identity & Access Management (IAM).
- Capital Stewardship: Worked with Project Office Track Leads and other EPMO resources to perform monthly stewardship of cost and schedule based on proactive resource planning and coordination.
- CAPEX/OPEX Planning and Execution: Developed Business Case and related documentation to support the approval of expenditure. This includes AR’s (Appropriation Requests) and Cost Center codes for WF and NWF expenses.
- Agile Transformation: Championing the use of Agile, DevOps and Lean processes in the company. Served in the role of Epic owner within the SAFe Framework, guiding the implementation of Programs & Initiatives. Activities include Roadmap Development, Planning & Budgeting (P&B), Business Context Engagement, Documenting Epics, Features & Stories, Applying Design Thinking techniques, PI Planning, Post-PI Planning Reviews, CDP, Release on Demand.
- Coaching and mentoring Agile project team members, i.e., Product Managers/Owners, Scrum Masters and Team members both on within my projects and beyond.
- Senior Leadership Engagement: Developed and presented monthly stakeholder updates to Senior Leadership in Business and IT. I presented progress updates, risk assessments, architecture compliance, as well, as challenges and opportunities related to my Programs/Projects. Where applicable, I provided detailed analysis of scenarios that required Endorsement and made Recommendations. Furthermore, I provided ongoing updates between the monthly meetings to ensure transparency and alignment.
- PMO (Project Management Office): Working with other practitioners to develop and enhance EPMO standards and practices, establish an APMO (for Agile project implementations) and advance the Agile Transformation within the company.
- Project Economics: Worked with various stakeholders to document, validate and obtain endorsement for project hard and soft benefit analysis in accordance with EPMO standards.
- Vendor Engagement: Developed Scope of Work documentation; tracked execution by the parties involved using Digital Signature technology (DocuSign); monitored execution of work including resolution of documented Defect Logs if applicable; engaged and escalated where necessary.
- Business Analysis: Engaged Business and IT Stakeholders to develop Business Requirements Documentation (BRD) and Reporting Requirements Documentation (RRD), track and document changes.
- POC and UAT: Planned and facilitated Proof of Concept (POC) software evaluations on site and in the Cloud. Also coordinated with the Business and vendors to plan and implement User Acceptance Testing.
- Cybersecurity Vulnerability Assessments: Planned, funded and coordinated Vulnerability Assessment Testing for both cloud and On Prem software applications. Worked with internal Cybersecurity specialists, external third party Consultants and vendor Cybersecurity teams to perform tests, review findings, develop and implement remediation plans.
- Quality Assurance (QA) Testing and Release Management: Coordinating QA Testing and RM with DevOps Team, Shared Services and Vendors.
- Regulatory Compliance: Worked with Data Privacy Officers (DPOs) in global locations to plan, document and review Data Privacy requirements and standards (including GDPR) for both internal and vendor-developed software applications.
- Change Management: Coordinated and participated in Change Management processes that include Documentation, Knowledge Transfer and Training.
- Coached the team in Agile methodologies, project planning and implementation that led to the development and successful launch of an MVP (Minimal Viable Product) version of the app in the App Store on Sept 1, 2020.
- Facilitated product development using Agile Scrum processes for an e-Commerce and Social Media app using prototyping software and Design Thinking techniques such as Personas and Customer Journey Mapping.
- Developed Agile training materials for the team’s use.
- Development of the company’s Business Plan that includes funding, marketing and sales.
- Confidential participated in MassChallenge Tech Startup Accelerator Program in Austin, Texas between June and Oct 2019.
IT Portfolio Manager
- Implemented Lean and Agile processes within the company and with key partners to develop mobile apps.
- Trained team on Agile Scrum and Kanban.
- Served as a Scrum Master facilitating internal team events and coordinated with vendor teams.
- Applied Agile Portfolio Management to create technology investment strategies, value streams and roadmaps that enabled value realization.
- Managed IT-related investments. Established regional distributorships and supply chains for niche products in Middle East and African markets.
- Developed and implemented IT budgets and financial report to drive capital stewardship.
- Managed vendor and supplier relations; enhanced time-to-market.
IT Business Manager / Portfolio Manager
- Agile Transformation Program: Key role in the cross-functional team that led the transition from Waterfall to Agile Portfolio and Project Management within the Business Unit (BU), both Upstream and Downstream areas.
- Strategic Planning: Developed 3-year Digital Transformation Roadmaps for each business function in close coordination with business leadership to provide a single point of contact for ideation, planning and execution of IT initiatives. Recognized by Senior Management as an effective planning process.
- Developed and managed operating and capital expenditure (OPEX and CAPEX) budgets.
- Project Management:
- Several in-house software development and integration projects.
- Vendor developed and COTS software deployments. These include SaaS solutions and custom applications. Coordinated technology selection, procurement, application development and deployment.
- SAP deployment for the Shared Services business functions including HR, Finance and Supply Chain Management. Project scope inclusive of integration with existing BU applications.
- Server Infrastructure: Windows and Linux server & desktop upgrades including design, procurement and configuration in multiple global locations; Data Center deployment and expansion.
- Telecoms Infrastructure: WAN deployment & optimization, fiber cabling, PABX deployment, upgrades and decommissioning, VSAT deployment for remote locations, etc.
- Data Foundation Program: Led the architecture review and implementation of future state data quality, data security, systems of records and other data standards for various business functions including Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Engineering and IT.
- Cloud Migration Program: Engaged with both internal and external stakeholder to develop a cloud migration plan including funding and resourcing. Successfully coordinated and managed the migration of critical business applications and data to the Cloud.
- Led a team of over 40 Information Management professionals providing support for 20+ projects in various locations with CAPEX of over $5 Billion; ensured compliance with standards and specifications within project budget and schedule; coached and mentored team.
- Introduced first ever Major Capital Projects IM/IT Community of Practice (CoP) in Houston, Texas with over 50 initial members from various global locations; developed charter and tools, gained management approval and drove the growth of the CoP; delivered content, and advanced delivery methods (e.g., Video Conferencing) to share best practices company wide.
- IT lifecycle management: Negotiated Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and developed service improvement plans; evaluated new technology including low-orbiting satellite WAN links, Wireless Connectivity solutions, cloud-based applications, and licensed software solutions; interfaced with IT stakeholders, both internal and external on service delivery initiatives; and oversaw budgets of over $100 million.
- Team Lead of the 24/7 IT Service Desk, Desktop & Telecoms Support teams.
- Business Knowledge: Accelerated requirements gathering, user acceptance testing, and go-live processes by implementing an innovative lunch-and-learn program to deliver business knowledge content to IT staff.
- Organizational Capability (OC): Enhanced corporate Portfolio planning process by documenting processes and lessons learned, and sharing best practices with other Business Units. Also provided mentoring to new hires.
- Championed the Confidential value of Diversity by serving in the Confidential ETC Diversity Council for over 2 years and contributed to several diversity initiatives and programs including community service such as “Let’s Feed Houston”.