- Expertise in project portfolio management. Adept at leading successful projects including data center relocations and migrations, server, storage, and network technology refresh projects.
- Exceptional capabilities in all areas of IT Service Management including availability, incident, problem, change, release, asset and configuration management, as well as continuous process improvement. ITIL V3 certification and practitioner.
- Broad background in all aspects of IT operations, complex systems recovery, business resiliency and disaster recovery, backup and restoration, systems deployment and integration.
- Proven ability to partner with business leaders, clients and technical teams to plan, integrate, document and execute complex project plans on time and on budget.
- Management of complex support agreements which include software and hardware maintenance and delivery. Consistent attainment of defined service delivery, business, revenue and profit objectives.
- Experience in leading teams in a global environment of diverse culture and language.
- Migration and sundown of the FCA Outer Drive data center.
- Migration of server, storage and network resources from data center within the FCA technology center to provide space for a new connected vehicle lab.
- Perform in role of change manager facilitating weekly Network CAB meetings.
- Coordinate activities to replace older Cisco Nexus technology with new N9K switch platform.
- Coordinate with project and asset managers from all platforms to ensure technologies and applications are migrated to the appropriate landing zones using available automation techniques.
- Lead team meetings and coordinate activities in an Agile environment to achieve common goals and critical milestones.
- Represent the system engineering team in project governance meetings with executive management.
- Contributed to the successful implementation of Enterprise Data Center 1.
- Implementation of Cisco Application Centric (ACI) network infrastructure within the data centers.
- Perform analysis of hardware, software, and application assets and configuration data in planning for the migration out of existing data centers.
- Develop a roadmap for migration to external cloud, internal cloud, server refresh, as well as lift and shift of servers and storage in support of application migration.
- Coordination and management of major hardware infrastructure, upgrades and changes within all enterprise data centers which includes, switch, router, firewall and load balancer technology.
- Developed a process to test and verify application stability to assure successful changes through the use of ServiceNow.
Service Delivery Project Manager / Client Availability Leader
- Selected as a member of a national leadership team and assign to Confidential ’s most critical Top 100 Clients.
- I managed a team to create a configuration management database (CMDB) to include systems components (C.I.’s), hardware, software, resources, as well as identify and document the relationships between components, using ServiceNow and asset discovery tool Ray Allen.
- Created project plan to migrate technology of 230 servers deployed throughout the US and Canada. Responsible for tracking and monitoring of the entire project implementation.
- Conducted several benchmark assessments which included interviews of client staff, data gathering and analysis. The resulting output being a baseline which includes observations and recommendations to increase efficiencies and the development of repeatable processes that led to cost reductions.
- Developed processes to maintain hardware and software life cycle. This included the development of procedures and tools to track physical and logical inventory information as well as financial data.
- Assigned to the General Motors Infrastructure Management organization (PMO) as the focal point for the Availability and Change Management processes under GM’s ITIL framework.
- Developed an end to end availability measurement process and dashboard to report application availability metrics. Developed and deployed processes to address and improve infrastructure and application availability.
- Cofounder and Chair of the Detroit Area Availability Management Forum (DAAMF) which was comprised of large Confidential clients in the SE Michigan. (1999 - 2010). This forum consisted of peers at the executive and operational management level of these organizations to discuss a wide range of topics.
- Lead Instructor in the Complex Systems Availability and Recovery training program for Confidential clients throughout the US and Canada. The goal of this course is to provide operations and technical support staff functional knowledge and techniques to recognize and respond to system messages and errors quickly to avoid system outages.
- Development of Customer Support Plans (CSP).
Support Customer Engineer
- Support of Confidential s largest clients in the Southeast Michigan area on products and services ranging from mainframe to desktop technology. Performed as Region Technical Specialist on Confidential disk storage products.
- Provided leadership on many complex systems installations and migrations.
- As technical specialist/top gun on storage products was engaged to support and assist 24 x 7 to resolved critical situations.
- Temporary assignments in Tucson product development and San Jose storage remote support centers to advise on field perspective and serviceability as well as role as level 2 and 3 support for field.