- 18+ years of IT experience including 5+ years as Director IT
- A Disciplined and thoughtful IT Director, who has worked for 10+ years with executive leadership teams of multinational organizations, to align IT strategy to Business for successful project implementations and who has played a pivotal role in enhancing business operations.
- Transformational IT Management with strong emphasis on documentation of policies and procedures Training and governance
- Proven track record of 15+ years managing global teams transcending cultural boundaries.
- Improved IT service levels and reduced IT operations costs through a combination of cloud initiatives, Virtualization, outsourcing, consolidation etc. to generate savings of over $10MM
- 15+ years of SAP Project Management experience across modules - SD, MM, FI, COPA, GTS, FSCM Collections, BASIS, Scheduler Workbench, Upgrades, Global roll outs
- Strong focus on end to end Business Process Improvements
- Participated / Led Strategic, Tactical and Operational Business intelligence initiatives yielding business benefits exceeding $20 MM across multiple projects.
- IT Due diligence for acquisition helped in reducing acquisition price by $2MM
- IT assessment of affiliate-company helped generate savings of $1.25 MM on an annual basis.
- Lead in Software Selection, Vendor Selection process advising the execute team with recommendations.
- Document Management including vendor invoice automation.
- CRM Implementation
- Risk assessment and analysis of existing IT and ERP landscape was conducted, based on which an IT Strategic plan aligned to Business strategy was developed.
- Restructured IT organization including outsourcing resulting in recurring savings exceeding $1 MM a year.
- SAP server administration was migrated to managed hosting partner from the existing in-house administration, which resulted in most current hardware for mission critical systems at lower cost of operations.
- Implementing SAP FICO for the European Terminal location and in parallel, enhancing the current FICO implementation at the US location, including new modules like Profitability analysis, Profit Center accounting and controlling.
- Led the IT project team for a global QHSE system implementation, which included product selection and implementation partner selection.
- Migrating to office 365, including Sharepoint, collaboration and retention.
- Transformational IT leadership for a global team of 25+ professionals with 8 direct reports and responsible for Budgets of around $7 MM.
- Collaborating with business to establish KPIs and ultimately a business intelligence platform along with dashboards for more visibility into business operations.
- Work closely with the C suite to provide any analysis related to IT and business initiatives.
- Turned around IT department by making structural changes, in addition to Team building measure thus restoring confidence of IT staff.
- Transformational IT leadership for a global team of 15+ professionals with 4 direct reports and responsible for Budgets of around $1.5 MM.
- Re-prioritizing IT projects aligning them to business needs, budget appropriations from management to successfully oversee the following projects
- Upgrade from exchange 2007 to exchange 2010
- Reduced co-location charges by changing service providers while increasing the SLA
- CISCO Call Manager Upgrade
- SAN replacement with project
- Disaster Recovery using eMC Recovery point, Data Domain and VM Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
- Implementation of Source Once for email archival
- Documentation of Policies and Procedures for IT
- Fax over IP (FOIP)
- Mobile plan changes reducing the mobile bill by 50% annually
- IT due diligence prior to acquisition and data for negotiating team helped reduce the acquisition price by $2mn for the IT area.
- Assisted CEO in recruiting IT staff for the new company and also participated in the ERP selection process and the selection of the implementation partner
- Consolidated SAP support from different vendors for ECC and GTS into one SAP support vendor. The change involved asignificant on boarding process and transition from existing two vendors and ultimately led to the quality of SAP support dramatically improving, and yielding improved service levels to the various departments.
- Some of the major highlights include
- Customized Formula pricing solution in SAP
- Credit Facility management system for handling import Letters of Credit
- VAT functionality and reporting for Europe
- Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC)
- Automation of uploading Letters of credit into GTS
- Business Intelligence reports for Operations and Documentation in addition to Profitability reports for Traders and management.
- Setup for Confidential Tax for US distribution entity
- Setup for Confidential GST and GTP reporting
- Upgrade from SAP 4.6C to ECC 6.0 to leverage the use of the enhanced BW platform and prepare the system landscape to implement newer modules to meet evolving business needs.
- Implementation of the FSCM Collections
- Implementation of SAP Global Trade Services for Sanctioned Party screening as well as Export documentation system
- Implementation of Country India Version (CIN) for Indian distribution business including storage business.
- Implementation of SAP in subsidiaries in Europe, Mexico, Nigeria and the US
- Profitability analysis and Presentations for stake holders to analyze business performance
- IT assessment conducted for associated company on behalf of owners reducing the operating cost of IT by $1.5 mn annually
- ETRM selection for BioFuels business
- Master Data Management
- GO LIVE preparation
- Assist with Uploading transaction data
- Troubleshooting and Business user support
- Reporting from SAP
- Business analysis reports and presentations providing visibility of company’s performance to the executive management.
- Transformational leader with high level of integrity and excellent communication skills to translate executive vision to IT strategy and solutions.
- Promote collaboration within the IT organization and with business teams and partner with them for successful system implementations.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail. Can easily shift between strategic, tactical and operational roles.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Special emphasis on documentation and Training and Governance.
- High degree of perseverance, to ensure quality solutions are provided to meet business requirements.
- Empathetic IT Partner who provides quality solutions by understanding the root cause of the problem