- Trusted business advisor and results - oriented finance professional with CPA and 20+ years of demonstrated success in a variety of financial management and accounting roles. Analytical thinker and problem solver with a passion for financial analysis and data analytics. I help companies succeed by identifying valuable business insights, solving business problems and driving more informed and effective data-driven decisions.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Advanced Excel Spreadsheet Modeling
- Controllership and Financial Management
- Data Analysis, Databases and SQL
- Management Reporting and Accounting Close
- Accounting and Financial Systems
- ASC 606 Revenue Recognition
- Workday Adaptive Insights, Oracle and SAP
- Directed accounting staff, managed day-to-day accounting operations and month-end close process.
- Implemented Workday Adaptive Insights planning and reporting system to automate financial management processes and enhance financial reporting and analysis capabilities.
- Implemented ASC 606 revenue recognition standard to establish revenue accounting policies and procedures in compliance with new standard, to include development of new revenue recognition process, deferred revenue model and reconciliation process, and balance sheet adjusting entries.
- Identified and billed $200K in unbilled revenue opportunities by reconciling CRM activity reports against billings in accounting system, implemented improvements in processes and controls.
- Managed external financial audits, 401K audits, Form 990 filings, and state tax returns.
- Implemented joint venture accounting for the Otsuka-Lundbeck Alliance, prepared monthly journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, cost and revenue reporting and invoicing.
- Performed analysis on clinical research organizations costs and investigator grant expenses to facilitate process improvements in the accounting and reporting of project-related R&D costs.
- Transitioned general ledger accounting close responsibilities from Princeton, NJ to Rockville, MD, documented accounting policies and procedures, prepared journal entries and accruals, updated R&D expense models and account reconciliations.
- Redesigned processes for calculating federal R&D and orphan drug tax credits by developing an Access database solution to automated manual processes from legacy Excel-based model resulting in reduced cycle time to facilitate quarterly projections and ad hoc analysis capabilities.
- Performed reconciliation of 401K and pension plan accounts, year-end valuation analysis, and assisted with the preparation of the pension financial statements.
- Managed in Internal Audit function, SOX testing and compliance, documented controls around financial reporting, and assisted with the annual risk assessment and fraud audit.
Financial Analyst Lead
- Managed staff of two, responsible for all internal management reporting and analysis functions.
- Prepared the consolidated income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows, legal entity reporting, and cash forecast for working capital analysis.
- Produced weekly balanced scorecard reporting and developed reporting and analysis on key strategic financial and operational metrics across all functional areas of the organization.
- Supported SEC reporting, investor relations, tax, legal, and the corporate communications groups; assisted with the financial audits, SEC Filings, earnings releases, Sarbanes-Oxley and internal controls, due diligence, and various special projects .
- Automated processes for monthly financial and metric reporting packages, business unit and market level product-level profitability reporting, departmental expense reporting, and expense allocations for regional headquarters and corporate overhead costs.
- Accounting lead on the legal entity accounting project to automated legal entity financial reporting; assisted team of consultants in development of an automated Access database reporting model.
Senior Financial Analyst
- Directed monthly departmental expense review meetings with team of seven departmental budget analysts, managed SG&A expenses for all functional areas within the consumer markets s egment, provided summary reporting and analysis on SG&A expenses for segment close meetings, the controller’s organization, and senior management.
- Managed the SG&A planning process for the consumer markets s egment, directed departmental budget analysts through the budgeting process, developed the budgeting templates, assumptions, and standard costs, and developed consolidating budget model.
- Produced consolidated SG&A reporting and analysis, performed standard journal entries for amortization of interest and prepaid expenses, and reconciled balance sheet accounts.
- Produced the balanced scorecard for the consumer markets segment; compiled strategic financial and operating key performance indicators, analyzed performance against targets, and distributed reporting on a weekly basis.