- More than 20 years of proven and progressive experience delivering successful projects and programs, and portfolio management.
- Capable with balancing tactical delivery and oversight with strategy development / long range planning.
- Effective at navigating organizations, thinking holistically, and communicating strong business cases with executive management.
- Skilled change agent: collaboration, influence, client engagement and buy - in to institutionalize change.
- High performer with proven ability to develop junior and senior project managers through coaching and guidance to deliver to higher standards.
- Known as a proactive and forward thinking project manager who is motivated by challenges, driven to excel, and passionate about process improvement through cost savings initiatives and elimination of waste and inefficiency.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
- Managed team of up to 30 project managers (employee and contract labor) implementing 20-40 infrastructure projects annually within a multi-million dollar portfolio involving multiple data centers, and more than 400 sites, including critical business units, business centers, core sites and banking centers. Project incremental funding responsibility ranged from several hundred thousand dollars to multi-million dollars.
- Responsible for budget, forecasting, resource and demand management, vendor management, talent management / team growth and development, performance management, project management, process management, and executive reporting.
- Managed project delivery including project planning and tracking, budget and resource planning and management, business case development, business process development and re-engineering, requirement gathering and management, Request for Proposals (RFP), contract negotiation, solution validation, vendor management, stakeholder management, test management, deployment readiness, and operational enablement.
- Infrastructure program included: identity and access management, access controls and permissions, Denial of Service prevention/detection, malware prevention and detection, compliance and security event monitoring, vulnerability scanning and reporting, storage implementation and upgrades, removable media encryption, cloud server provisioning, application release software, version control software, production change and production support management, server consolidation and virtualization, application and server upgrades, compliance remediation, disaster recovery, WAN/LAN network replacement, firewall upgrades, contact center implementation, IP telephony, IT asset management, video conferencing, digital media content management, remote access, internet content filtering, workstation application and hardware refresh, managed print services, active directory migration, and real estate technology implementations.
- Collaborated with clients and Business Liaisons on IT roadmap of projects including project scope, approach, dependencies, estimates and business cases to deliver to long term IT goals. Collaborated and guided clients on how to cadence projects to meet delivery objectives and how to track project dependencies across the portfolio. Guided clients on how to influence the new project portfolio by developing and communicating compelling business cases for their key initiatives.
Senior Project Manager
- Managed global deployment for a portal, administration and content management system deployed to over 90 countries and 15,000 retail partners world-wide providing the customer with a cost saving of over a million dollars annually.
- Managed the global deployment schedule and associated risks, issues, changes, managed delivery to contracts and responses to RFPs, built and managed the relationships with Global, Regional and Country business and IT leads, managed the deployment team and coordinated activities and interdependencies with other suppliers and customer organizations, developed cutover plans and communications for production launches.
- Influenced and contributed to development of IT strategy for a business services client department. Aligned IT strategy to business strategy for the client organization. Developed strategy presentation and content based on input from clients. Obtained buy-in from clients on business strategy and socialized IT strategy alignment and roadmap to executive management in preparation for funding requests. Developed plan to track and report delivery to the strategy.
- Developed and implemented organizational change management activities for customer organization on several key IT programs to maximize user adoption, minimize stakeholder risks and enable program success.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Senior Project Manager
- Clients included Detroit Medical Center, Oakwood Healthcare, Ford, and GM/GMAC.
- Managed 10 different infrastructure development and deployment projects which included building out new data centers, data center consolidation, data center upgrades / refreshes. These multi-vendor and multi-stakeholder projects involved requirements, design and implementation of hardware, software, telecom, integration, testing and global deployment in multiple data centers. The total portfolio of infrastructure deployment projects managed amounted to $10 million spread over a period of 3 years.
- Managed 13 infrastructure implementation projects in support of Application Development, Enhancement or Maintenance. These projects involved requirements, design and implementation of hardware, software, telecom, integration, testing and global deployment in multiple data centers. The total portfolio of infrastructure delivery support projects managed amounted to $3 Million over a period of 2 years.
- Managed an annual portfolio of network projects totaling $10 million. The portfolio included a global implementation of MPLS, and several network projects involving LAN and Firewall separation.
- Responsible for vendor management, project engagement/initiation, and communication processes for client organization to improve results from vendor delivered application and infrastructure projects.
- Implemented organizational change in numerous client organizations by utilizing change management tools and techniques as part of delivery to meet company initiatives and manage IT project and program implementations.
- Managed Program Office for client IT organization increasing success of IT projects through proactive project reviews on schedule, budget, and risk.
- Coached client Project Managers on how to implement project management and culture change in their organization.
- Facilitated Improvement teams to improve business processes, improve project delivery, reduce cost or shorten cycle time.
- Led organizational efforts supporting client achievement of CMMI Level 2 assessment and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Developed project management training and conducted Train-the-Trainer sessions and provided implementation support to U.S. and International branches on how to implement the project management methodology and training in their organizations.
- Influenced and contributed to business infrastructure strategy for IS client area. Developed strategy presentation and content based on input from clients. Obtained buy-in from clients on business strategy and socialized business strategy to executive management in preparation for funding requests. Tracked delivery to strategy and reported results to infrastructure clients.