- 12+ years of IT experience in analysis, design, system programming and system administration on iSeries platform.
- Assumed responsibility for formulating plans and taking them to completion.
- Served as group leader in generating ideas and implementing new technologies.
- Documented new and complex techniques
- Participated in professional meetings; conferences, technical presentations and professional organizations
- Reviewed and analyzed applicable procedures and technologies to ensure optimum heterogeneous systems performance.
- Opened up problem reporting tickets and accurately using all problem tracking software systems
- Administered job scheduling tools on all IBM i/ AS400 systems - Robot.
- Scheduled and coordinated hardware maintenance and repairs with IBM as required.
- Created operational documentation, enhanced and expanded whenever possible and/or necessary.
- Identified, implemented and maintained IBM i/ AS400 best practices
- Provided first level of advice/assistance on procedures and work methods for software engineers and application developers.
- Broadened technical, functional, and industry skill base and to kept current with industry information and technical knowledge databases.
- Being sensitive to availability, performance, data privacy, and security when performing job functions
- Being organized and able to handle multiple tasks, while working within strict schedules
- Being able to communicate effectively with management, co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Very familiar with SDLC methodologies.
- Supported the applications staff in: JDE Enterprise 9.0
- Extensive experience in working with LTO tape drives and automated tape library technologies.
- Possess practical experience in system monitoring using ROBOT, console.
- Hold solid experience in TCP/IP.
- Proficient in Windows 7 and MS Office 2010, Project, and Visio
- HMC V7 and LPAR planning and build experience.
- Have used iSeries Navigator for different kinds of job functions.
- Installed, replaced and applied patches for peripheral devices for the iSeries (printers, optical drives, tape drives)
- Solid experience in concepts of journaling, SFTP, DDM files.
- Replaced disk drives and cache batteries on the iSeries with help from IBM.
- Created and maintained subsystems, job queues, job descriptions.
- Highly experienced in writing scripts and procedures for day-to-day operations and support.
- Performed IBM i/ AS400 Administration: system installs, PTF deployment, software installation, configuration, custom development, and security.
- Researched and recommended architecture layout and design for IBM i/ AS400 computing platform to ensure availability, reliability, and recoverability.
- Relocated company’s servers across states.
- Provided disaster recovery plan requirements. Coordinated with vendor and executed the plan. Received formal training in the high availability software iterra. Maintained the DR system after go live.
- Participated in specialized projects requiring extensive technical research and/or vendor coordination.
- Performed problem isolation, definition, resolution and follow-up for system, application, and customer problems.
- Monitored system activity and tuned system parameters for optimum performance.
- Provided technical assistance to other members of the IT organization.
- Assisted with the installation and administration of IBM i/ AS400 compatible operating systems
- Handled escalated incidents from the Operations Center. Very adept to 24X7 support model.
- Performed administrative type functions such as recording meeting minutes, distributing escalated tickets, updating documentation and databases, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Adhered to established timelines, guidelines, and procedures while utilizing company tools as required delivering quality solutions that meet company and departmental standards.
- Adhered to server policies, procedures and design documentation.
- Maintained a flexible schedule to accomplish tasks.
- Utilizing strong analytical and technical skills for resolving complex problems.
- Maintained a commitment to providing outstanding customer service to each customer
- Planned, scheduled, and managed assigned projects to meet deadlines using approved techniques
- Took full ownership for equipment and technologies assigned.
- Held meetings formally or informally with the discipline manager or designated engineer to discuss the status of responsibilities.
- Served as lead engineer and technical point of contact for formulating and guiding applied research, analysis, and development for secure, efficient, and redundant systems.
- Planned, scheduled and performed regular maintenance of Itera to ensure stability within the environment. Performed emergency switch procedures in the event of total system failure or other similar disaster scenario.
Hardware: iSeries, Midrange, PCs.
Operating System: Windows server, Mac, OS 400.
Programming Languages: RPG 400, CL 400, RPG ILE, CL ILE, SQL 400, Free format RPG., SQLRPGLE, C#, MVC
Databases & Tools: DB2400, DBU, SDA/400, SEU/400, PDM/400, RLU/400, QUERY/400, DFU/400, Showcase, PMI, World writer, Manhattan PKMS, JDEdwards, I-series navigator, Island Pacific,Informatica,xml, SQL server 2008 R2, SSIS, SSMS, SQL stored procedures, Unisys
Other Utilities: Implementer, Aplus, iMail, Showcase, Triactive, Footprints, Remedy, turnover, Hawkeye
Disaster recovery: Itera (Vision solutions), Real i-series relocation experience.
- I support and enhances the mainframe system of Deluxe which processes orders and sends them to the manufacturing units.
- I make sure all the batch and online jobs are running without issues, providing end-user support, making code changes wherever needed and administration of business applications.
- I have gained experience in working with tools like JIRA, ServiceNow, Confluence, Endevor while working at this project.
- I create appropriate documentation related to both applications set up and end user processes.
- I work with business owners and document business requirements in support of resolving needed business functions.
- I assist with creating and developing specifications for programming or modifications as needed. I assist with development and implementation of new applications and process improvements/solutions.
- I create programs, scripts or code needed to support business related functions, reporting requirements, application interfaces.
- I’m the go-to Support System Analyst with management and maintenance responsibilities.
- I work with Helpdesk for assigned applications and processes.
- I ensure security of all systems and related applications.
- I perform special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
- I provides on-call and weekend support.
- I supported and enhanced the order management system. Orders come in generally in 2 forms - web orders and phone orders.
- There are monitors and alerts in place which keeps track of orders passing through different queues and bridging to the subsequent systems for invoicing and shipping.
- I worked with the business to provide code/data fixes for any issues that might be causing orders to get stuck in a certain queue.
- I resolved issues involving allocation, coupons not getting applied, CC payments not processing, points redemptions etc.
- I worked on windows services which interfaces other systems inside and outside the company.
- I supported and enhanced the product management system.
- There are two sides of the system - buy side (how Confidential ’ buys products from vendor) and sell side (how Confidential ’ sells products to customers).
- Quill gets the cost information from the vendors and sends the price information to the web wherefrom customers can place orders.
- I work with users to provide data fix for UOM changes, UPC issues, private label items, item hierarchy, price level, sale restrictions, edible items, Hazmat items, vendor side item updates, brand name update etc.
- I developed multiple screens for the user to update information without having to issue INCs to IT to have it updated.