AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Licensed Property & Casualty Claims Adjuster
- Licensed Personal Lines Insurance Agent
- Broad insurance experience
- Detail oriented and resourceful
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Responsible for supporting commercial lines underwriting staff by analyzing new and renewal submissions from brokers including following up with brokers to obtain outstanding underwriting documentation needed to complete policy issuance and endorsement requests
- Trained new team members
- Worked on project as subject matter expert to automate and improve efficiency of policy documentation indexing
- Worked on project to streamline the procedures for policy endorsements
- Revised the operation unit’s job aids for processing referrals related to account billing inquiries
- Resolved basic underwriting and account billing issues
- Provided phone/email - based customer service to brokers and internal departments
- Completed ancillary reports and projects as assigned
Claims Service Representative/Adjuster
- Responsible for investigating property claims related to equipment breakdown and service line failures. In addition, analyzed policy documentation to obtain the applicable coverage forms and limits needed to be listed as part of the claims file. Also, set the appropriate coverage exposures and reserves within authority limits, based on the details obtained about the loss
- Provided written reports on investigation, settlement, and denials of claims in accordance with established service level agreements
- Participated in project for establishing new process for damage and cost evaluation for service line claims
- Assisted with project for tracking commercial claim data integrity
Sr. Billing Unit Specialist
- Analyzed and evaluated new and renewal business to determine continued acceptability.
- Canceled new policies and decline renewals or adjust policies as necessary.
- Provided technical assistance to agents, district managers and other departments in the Service Centers via telephone, electronic or written correspondence regarding coverages, policy and endorsement provisions and acceptability of risks for the requested line of business.
- Partnered with Service and Sales to assist with process development and assessment of current guidelines to identify areas requiring improvement, or gaps within possesses.
- Provided feedback for consultants and management regarding training issues for call center agents
- Implemented process improvements to streamline referrals from Service and Sales
- Answered questions from internal and external customers concerning the billing of a policy, research detailed billing and payment problems and took care of escalated billing calls for consultants
- Received recognition for streamlining billing error project
- Graded case studies for service advocate billing certification and rewrote policies to correct billing system errors and process daily billing system reports