- Discuss available solutions with prospective purchasers of corporate AV systems. Provide preliminary system engineering drawings, bill of materials, and scope documentation to project manager.
- Line producer for webcasts; multi - camera, audio mixing, lighting. Zoom webinar and On24 formats.
- Design Zoom conference systems (Zoom Room, Crestron Flex, DTen).
- Regular product briefings from manufacturers and reps.
- Poly voice and video endpoint training. Cisco sales training (the latest Digital Network Architecture).
- Supervise drafting of AV plans, mark-up as required, reconcile with construction documents, release for build.
- Specify bill-of-materials, requisition a budget, monitor procurement, inventory and delivery.
- Coordinate AV installation with construction trades and network provisioning.
- Technical lead in group effort creating a global standard for Confidential training facilities (using Meet, NVX).
Senior Consultant for Audiovisual
- Test, configure and certify AV, VC and IPTV/Digital Signage installations. Sys admin for AV, UC, VC, digital signage, IPTV, and Wowza Streaming servers and related gateways, firewalls and SIP trunks, including all models of Cisco videoconference codecs (including T3 and IX5000 telepresence).
- Hands-on maintenance and repair of AV systems and their components including video projectors, P/T/Z cameras, DSP’s, matrix switchers, analog and Dante microphones, Crestron Toolbox and Fusion.
- Supervise/manage the installation of AV and videoconference systems. Perform system commissioning, configuration, adjust DSP, document system and network settings.
- Design, roll-out, and stress test global video network infrastructure in an ITIL environment over MPLS and SD-WAN with QoS, high-availability/redundancy, security hardened, with DR. Specify all related DNS, DHCP, SSL certs, DTLS concentrators, unified dial/numbering plan, VPN, VLAN, WiFi, and firewall settings.
- Integrate Cisco videoconferencing with CUCM VoIP, Microsoft Teams/Share Point/Azure, Jabber, WebEx, Pexip, BlueJeans and GlobalMeet.
- Chief troubleshooter and escalation point for all matters AV and UC. Diagnosed and created work-arounds for third party connection/interoperability issues, and improved performance of cloud streaming vendors.
- Established best practices for 5 person AV staff doing setups and TMS scheduling. Trained them on software and network configurations. Filled in when short-handed. Technical escalation point. Maintained department morale.
- Created user guides. Assisted users with all manner of multimedia devices and software on Windows, Mac, iPad, Android, iPhone. SME for PowerPoint, Excel.
- Produced live webcasts, multi-camera switching, graphics, audio mixing using Black Magic Design, BiAmp, 4K cameras, wireless microphones, portable studio lighting. Complex multi-location origination with local audiences, content presentation, recording.
- Tutored graphics/media/web developers on advanced video editing methods in Adobe Premier Pro. Prepared media assets for on-demand web site play, on both the internal network and public web sites.
- Absolute responsibility, working schedules as required, including events in EMEA, Australia and Pac Rim.
- Advise C-suite management on AV and UC technology. Generate analytics and usage reports.
Enterprise Solutions Specialist
- Chief engineer for the corporate solutions demonstration center.
- Engineered and managed the setup of proof-of-concept AV systems for applications conceived in focus groups with Confidential 100 CIOs.
- Mock-ups included telemedicine, distance learning, 4K collaboration, interactive digital signage, wayfinding, electronic POS retail, hospitality TV, smart whiteboard, video walls, video-enabled offices, electronic classroom, medical imaging, CCTV, PCoIP, mobile/tablet apps.
Senior AV Consulting Engineer
- Design phase of corporate AV installations. AutoCAD of AV systems and low-voltage.
- Created scope-of-work documents. Adapted scope documents into PowerPoints to win new business.
- Represent low-voltage at Architect meetings, including lighting, shade, security/access, CCTV, IoT, AV, room scheduling, and the network requirements for AV/TV/signage.
- Coordinate with client IT and telecom vendors to integrate AV/VC with UC/phones (Skype4Business, WebEx).
- Veterans Administration Hospitals of Kentucky: Cisco DMP digital signage network (iVCI)
- Success Academies: videoconference network/TMS/firewall configuration (iVCI)
- Gucci 5th Ave.: LED giant display (Media Associates)
- LaCoste flagship store: Videowalls, digital signage, background music (Drape Kings)
- Chanel, 57th St.: Global webcast with satellite feeds from Milan and Paris (Media Associates)
- IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau): Managed installation of divisible conference room AV system and programmed the Extron control system (Drape Kings)
- Associated Press: Audio matrix for divisible conference facility: ClearOne, AMX, Revo, Brahler (Drape Kings)
- Sheapshead Bay Surgery Center/Association of Ambulatory Surgery: Upgraded surgical microscope cameras to HD and created Vidyo-based remote surgical consultation system.
- Crew chief for luxury residential AV/IT/security, structured cabling. Crestron, Extron, AMX, and Savant programming.
- Network cable installation and termination. Server2008 clusters in data centers. Domains, web sites.