- Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Scrum Master (CSM), decisive, action - oriented, results-driven, with 28 years of health care industry experience, the last 20 years focused on Healthcare Information Technology.
- Self-motivated, articulate, highly organized, analytical, hardworking, tenacious problem solver with outstanding communication and documentation skills.
- Issues identification and resolution, workflows optimization, system implementation, change management, process improvements, business intelligence, information management, end-user requirements and training, systems/patient care relationships knowledge (physician).
- Eager to walk unchartered paths, learn, discover, create, and impact clinical bioinformatics in the most effective and innovative ways.
- Clarity PPM, Daptiv, Service Now, and WorkFront Project Management Information System (PMIS)
- Project Management Professional (PMP), SCRUM, Agile PM techniques
- Epic Certified: Radiant 2015, Identity (EMPI) 2015, Bridges 2015, and My Chart 2015
- Genomics applications- Cartagenia, Illumina MiSeQ, Syapse, NextGene, and Geneticist Assistant
- HaemoneticsTM SafeTraceTx (transfusion). & Blood Track Kiosk (vending machine) applications
- Epic Beaker AP course, SCC Soft Lab, Sunquest, Laboratory Information Systems
- Certified Imaging and Informatics Professional (CIIP) aka certified PACS Administrator
- PACS: Fuji, GE Web PACS 2.0, InteleRad, I Site Philips, DR Systems, and Siemens Sienet
- Radiology Information Systems: Epic Radiant version 2015, Cerner RadNet, IDX, QuadRIS
- 3D Technologies: Voxar, Vital, & TeraRecon infrastructure (server. dB) set up & application integration
- Trained Radiologists on Nuance (Dictaphone & Commissure) and AGFA Talk Tech Voice Recognition
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)® v3 Foundation certificate
- A+, Network +, TCP/IP, HL 7, and DICOM education courses, Google Cloud Platform design
- 3M (ICD 9, CPT 4, & DRG) medical billing and coding experience and education
- Certified SAP Application Associate Business Objects XIR4 (Business Intelligence/ Universe Design)
- Clinical Technical Communications Specialist, proctored the IHE testing Connectathon for vendors
- Business Systems: Lawson and APIS, HIPAA Privacy and Security auditing and compliance
- Help Desk Systems: Service Desk Express (SDE), Intuit Quick base, Service Now
- Microsoft Office and Outlook 2003 2016, SharePoint 2003 2010, MS Project and MS Visio 2000 2016
Sr. Lab Project Manager
- Allocated to step in weeks before go-live to identify and complete the infrastructure tasks in time for the Epic Bedtime go-live, set up an issue identification and resolution process, plan for go-live support, manage the go-live command center, and report on the progress of issue resolution to the IT senior leadership for the Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan and the Mount Sinai hospital in Queens.
- Manage facilities, infrastructure, and desktop support teams to coordinate the deployment (power, data, and brackets for CPU’s and monitors as per facilities code) and configuration of bed-board monitors in hospital units, critical care areas and PACU; order, activate, and configure pagers for bed planning, charge nurses, hospital unit clerks (HUCs) and environmental services staff (EVS), I-Pods with Rover application for the hospital transporters, and I-Pads with Rover application for transportation managers.
- Scope of work included developing orders and results interfaces between several Mount Sinai’s systems (Epic, eCW, and 25 freestanding ambulatory EMRs connected over complex interfaces) and LabCorp for LCA’s acquisition of over 625 ambulatory clinics, Lab outreach business in NYC.
- Scope of work included setting up the development, test and production Google cloud environment software tools, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS components in the GCP for flexible and scalable computing power, App and Compute engines, Big Query, Storage.
- Onboarded new vendors, procurement, contract admin for Fluidigm, Google, Cartagenia and Personalis. Configure and establish connectivity with sequencing vendor Personalis and Stanford’s Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Configure the Cartagenia Bench platform tool that automates the analysis of sequenced data and clinical samples. Coordinate tasks with construction (IT work) for a Wet-Lab (contact, procure, connect and configure DNA finger printing instruments).
- Managed the development of ADT/Orders/Results interface with Epic (HL-7/ XML), the custom developed Bio-Informatics pipeline, and Cartagenia. Develop workflows for consent, authorization, and clinical Genomics pre and post-test review for the CGS clinic, Cancer, and Pediatric patients.
- Managed the infrastructure deployment to support the high computing environment for the CGS clinic, IDF closet, servers, 10 GB network connectivity, and high processing workstations for the CGS staff.
Sr. IT Project Manager
- Managed the implementation of a Distributed Radiology Picture Archiving and Communication System (InteleRad-PACS) including a multi-site integration with Grand Rapids and Western Michigan area hospitals, clinics, and physician groups.
- Managed the implementation of a 3D (TeraRecon) application used by Radiologists to improve the accuracy of interpretation and integrating the 3D product with the PACS.
- Managed the implementation of a Voice Recognition System (Powerscribe 5.0) with a built in Radiology lexicon used by physicians to dictate reports. This system will reduce cost, decrease the turnaround time for reports and improve patient care.
- Participated in the vendor selection process for transcription services for the organization.
- Ensured projects are run smoothly and are consistent with company goals through constant communication with the project team and relevant stakeholders.
- Worked with internal and external stakeholders to closely manage cross-functional projects, teams, and programs and throughout the product development life cycle.
- Collaborated with management and other departments to define projects, build project teams, determine priorities, and acquire necessary resources and influencing stakeholders to obtain support for solutions
- Provided leadership, mentoring and technical training to project teams & staff. Managing and reporting project risk, change, security, cost, and issues to the executive leadership, & communicating frequently with the team.
Sr. Project Manager
- Project managed the implementation of Commissure RadWhere™ voice recognition (VR) system for the department of Radiology on-time and within budget impacting a faculty of 40 Radiologists. This reduced transcription costs by $ 500, 000 and decreased the report turnaround time from 2 days to less than 6 hrs.
- Developed structured reporting templates for all sections and devised a ten page learning guide for Radiologists.
- Managed the two-site integration of Commissure’s VR system with Cerner’s Quad-RIS, and Philips I-site PACS at UCMC and with KEEN Hospital Information System and Fuji PACS at the LaRabida Children’s Hospital.
- Utilized the principles of Agile Project Management to implement the I-Site PACS/ Poiesis digital dashboard which improved radiologist productivity, increased physician satisfaction, and accelerated end user acceptance.
- Directed the integration and roll-out of the ‘STAT Consult’ plug-in to the Emergency Department (ED) to meet Joint Commission requirements related to Critical results reporting. This tool provided a means of asynchronous communication between Radiologists and ED physicians and improved the quality of care.
- Provided Radiology IT domain expertise during Epic Radiant implementation as a functional lead and achieved milestones such as Dress Rehearsal, Printer and hardware set-up, Downtime reports (DAR's) set-up, in a timely manner. Tested hardware connectivity by coordinating with IS Technical services and the IS server teams.
- Executed integrated test scripts, modified Radiant test scripts as per scenarios, created regression testing scripts, conducted data analysis on charge testing, reported testing results to senior management, created workflow, data flow, and system architecture diagrams for the integration teams using Microsoft Visio.
- Supported Radiant go-live as the night shift application coordinator in the "Command Center". Identified, reported, prioritized, and resolved Radiant issues using the Service Desk Express (SDE) ticketing system. Participated in the Epic Clinical-Documentation & Epic ASAP go-live as a "Walkabout".
- Participated in Change control meetings to ensure system integrity is maintained, worked with technical groups and vendors to schedule upgrades and load Release Authorizations, Service Updates, during scheduled and unscheduled downtime. Maintained detailed documentation of changes implemented to solve issues.
- Functioned as on-call Radiant support personnel to provide support 24x7x365, coordinated regular meetings with help desk and Epic to resolve open issues and implement enhancements.
- Coordinated unit and application testing for the department of Cardiology for its transition to Radiant scheduling, reporting, and billing and made recommendations to streamline Cardiology Vascular Lab workflow.
- Reviewed “Statement of Work” submitted by vendors and facilitated technical review sessions. Provided project management expertise to Radiology IT Assistant Director to expedite the development of the Radiology projects portfolio on the departmental Share-Point 2007 portal.