- Strategic & Innovative Manager with 25 years of experience in the aerospace, satellite and defense industry. Effective hands - on leadership with strong technical, team building, and problem-solving skills for sustaining and developmental programs.
- Strategic Planning
- Project Engineering
- New Product Development
- Team Building
- Tooling and Assembly Design
- Transition to Production
- Capacity Requirements Planning
- Six-Sigma Lean Manufacturing & RCCA
Engineering and Program Manager
- Oversee and develop Engineering Statements of Work and Assembly Work Instructions for new products.
- Develop and define Inspection and Test requirements.
- Develop and load MBOMs in DELTEK MES MRP System.
- Develop new production line and layouts that meet capacity and production surges utilizing Lean methods, i.e. MUDA, JIT, Point-Of-Use, Pull, and VSM.
- Develop a culture of Lean Thinking.
- Manage master schedule, Production hour performance and staffing requirements (CRP)
- Determine monthly revenue forecast and goals.
- Develop mitigation plans to executive leadership if hour performance and revenue do not meet expectations (EVMS).
- Technical Go-To person
- New program development-Lead technical review of customer requirements, develop schedule, revenue forecast, staffing requirements, communicate to customers.
- Manage Planning, Configuration Management and Industrial Engineering department budgets to EAC.
- Optimize Operations by identifying opportunities to decrease throughput hours, manpower requirements and overtime.
- Project lead for Identifying and implementing a new PLM system
Site Product Engineering Manager
- Review and approve class I work instruction revisions.
- Improved Configuration Change Management processes that aligns with AS9100C and ISO 10007.
- Developed an engineering skills matrix. Developing a standardized training and career development plan for engineering team members.
- Developing a standardized training curriculum for Production workers.
- Rewriting procedures to capture and streamline manufacturing processes.
- Developing, with IT, a task management system to better capture engineer’s tasks.
- ERP Capacity Requirements Planning-Analyzed staffing requirements for the engineering department in preparation of downsizing.
Manager of Project Engineering & Planning
- Department final authority for staffing plans, project schedules, technical performance, budget and proposals
- Department head responsible for the Program Management of $100+ Million dollar projects.
- Developed a demand planning and staffing standard method for the plant, CRP.
Senior Manager of Engineering
- Final authority on all technical matters and development decision. Review and approve of GD&T technical drawings, specifications and business development proposals.
- Manage a $1.7M Research and Development budget.
- Reduced Engineering Order cycle time by 38% utilizing Lean/Six Sigma tools and teaming.
- Re-engineered Engineering documentation strategies and processes leveraging stakeholder inputs and implementing new document management software, SMARTEAM.
- Represented Engineering on integrated company councils focused on improved business execution.
- Integrated monthly diagnostic and performance based metrics to determine engineering department process improvement initiatives.