- 7 years experience as Scrum Master and Project Manager, focused on leading technology integration and product development projects using Waterfall and Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Lean).
- Subject - master expert and practitioner of Agile techniques and principles; experience with establishing metrics for tracking team velocity and performance.
- Ability to appropriately apply project management techniques according to industry standards.
- Deep understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC), including web and mobile application development with related tools, technologies and best practices; product design using wireframes and mockups.
- Excellent communication, coaching, mentoring and servant-leadership skills; proven success mentoring and coaching junior scrum masters and project teams, and leading co-located and remote cross-functional scrum teams towards customer-focused product/project delivery.
- Experience working in projectized, functional and matrix organizations, including start-ups, fintech, retail, telecommunications.
- Strong consultative, product-focused mindset.
- Hands-on experience with Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Servicedesk), MS Office, MS Project, G-Suite.
Confidential, Toronto, Ontario
Scrum Master Consultant - Agile Transformation
- Leading and coaching client organization in its Agile adoption; assessing agile maturity and providing relevant trainings, coaching and mentorship to accelerate transition to new delivery model.
- Leading multiple scrum teams in parallel towards the delivery of customer-centric digital products, using Scrum, Kanban and SDLC.
- Facilitating the effective execution of Scrum ceremonies (daily scrum, backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospective, review) and other Agile/team meetings.
- Coaching teams, through servant-leadership, towards the adoption of scrum values and best practices (self-organization, collaboration, accountability, limiting work in progress, technical story-writing, managing workflow, iterative delivery, story estimation).
- Guiding and assisting Product Owners towards effective story-writing, checking user stories for conformance to best practices and organisational standards, coaching Product Owners towards best practices for managing and grooming product backlog.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with product and engineering leads; collaborating with them for release planning in accordance with raodmap, coordinating project work, deliverables and scrum teams activities; communicating releases, project metrics and status reports that accurately represent status of the scrum teams and sprints.
- Facilitating quick resolution of impediments to sprint progress; coaching and empowering the teams to remove impediments.
- Managing risk, issues, assumptions and dependencies.
- Reviewing current agile processes, identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations to Stakeholders and teams and driving process improvement.
- Providing relevant project documentation and scrum artifacts to promote transparency.
- Managing rapidly changing requirements/scope and product features by effectively balancing customer expectations with team velocity/capacity.
- Promoting a healthy agile culture across the organisation and creating an environment for continuous improvement.
Agile Project Manager & Scrum Master - Technology
- Led 3 remote scrum teams (consisting developers, designers, architects, testers) towards the delivery of digital products (web and mobile applications) to clients across North America, using Agile framework (Scrum, Kanban) and SDLC.
- Collaborated with teams to develop design mockups and wireframes.
- Defined scope; prepared project charters, work breakdown structure, schedules, timelines and other project plans.
- Worked with Product Owners to analyse requirements and specifications, expand on them and translate to effective user stories in Jira; collaborated with them for release planning and refining product backlog to ensure it is prioritized for execution.
- Conducted risk identification and assessments; planned and continuously evaluated mitigation strategies through effective risk management.
- Coached and motivated teams and Product Owners through training sessions; promoted iterative delivery, work in progress limits, best practices for Agile ceremonies and effective story estimation.
- Monitored project progress and task board; captured sprint metrics in Jira to track daily progress and improve sprint and team performance (burndown chart, burnup chart, velocity).
- Acted as servant leader and point-of-contact for clients, teams, stakeholders; shielded the teams from external distractions and removed impediments, blockers.
- Promoted transparency by preparing and updating status reports, project summary and closure reports (encompassing project health, issues, updated roadmap and Agile metrics) and presented to stakeholders. Created and updated dashboards.
- Facilitated all stakeholder and client meetings, scrum ceremonies and other team meetings including requirement gathering sessions, daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint demos, retrospectives, backlog refinement sessions. Prepared meeting slides, agendas and minutes.
- Collaborated with other project managers and scrum masters to promote Agile culture throughout the organisation; prepared and delivered Agile training materials for organisational learning events and to onboard new team members; coached Scrum teams and junior scrum masters on scrum values.
- Mentored teams, junior project managers and scrum masters; addressed team dynamics and resolved conflicts; maintained timely communication; fostered collaboration and self-organisation.
- Created and implemented project processes and policies.
- Leveraged virtual tools (Jira, Confluence, Whiteboard, Slack, Zoom, MS Teams, etc.) to foster collaboration amongst team members, and communication with clients and stakeholders.
Project Manager & Scrum Master - Technology Transformation
- As Project Manager, led technology team, vendors, architects and engineers towards the operational planning, execution and completion of multiple IT infrastructure projects at 50+ newly established gas stations nation-wide: network connectivity and cloud solutions, CCTV and IoT systems installations, computer set ups.
- Developed project charter, project plans, budget; defined scope; identified and effectively allocated resources.
- Worked as business analyst and collaborated with product owners to gather requirements and provide internal teams with clear business requirements through use-case documentation.
- Managed project work, teams and resources using ServiceNow, MS Project and Jira.
- Created statement of work with major milestones and deliverables through requirement gathering sessions with stakeholders.
- Worked with procurement team to conduct vendor sourcing; prepared RFQs and RFPs, reviewed vendor proposals, managed contracts.
- Managed vendor interactions and carried out onsite visits to monitor product installations.
- Prepared project artefacts; tracked progress and reported status to stakeholders.
- Proactively monitored project execution and checked conformance of deliverables to specification.
- Coordinated communication with stakeholders, project teams and vendors.
- Addressed problems through risk management and contingency planning.
- As Scrum Master and using Agile, managed 2 development teams towards the implementation and delivery of several customer and enterprise application development projects which remarkably increased conversion, revenue and performance: website revamp, front-end and search optimization, bug fixes web-based fleet management solution with wallet-based payment, loyalty program, RFID integration, analytics rder and delivery web and mobile app with payment gateway integration, data encryption, optimized product search, real-time order tracking learning management web and mobile app with video conferencing integration, course management, assessment, tracking, reporting, certification web-based sales management solution with IoT integration, analytics
- Queried MySQL database, using SQL, to design custom reports.
- Facilitated sprint planning, daily scrum, review sessions, retrospectives and other meetings with teams and stakeholders.
- Aligned business goals with release plan to ensure timely delivery of features.
- Ensured products are defect free; coordinated user acceptance testing (UAT) and demo sessions with stakeholders.
Project Coordinator - Technology Operations
- Assisted project managers with preparing project charters, work breakdown structure, schedules and other project plans.
- Monitored projects through to completion within schedule, scope and budget.
- Worked with stakeholders and clients to define and prioritize requirements; prepared requirements document.
- Engaged project teams to determine project activities and set realistic timelines.
- Coordinated the activities of project teams and subcontractors; proactively monitored work and tracked progress.
- Prepared update and status reports, project summary and closure reports.
- Attended and coordinated project meetings; prepared meeting slides, agendas and minutes.
- Conducted risk identification and assessments.
- Created, tracked and updated project documents (project plan, change log, issues log) and dashboards.
- Participated in knowledge sharing and contributed to lessons learned related to project experiences.
- Served as point-of-contact for teams, project owners, clients and stakeholders.