- Strategic IT Program and Portfolio Manager with 16+ years of experience in successfully delivering large, complex Information Technology projects and programs within scope, schedule, and budget resulting in increased profitability and reduced costs.
- Have strong leadership and management skills with the exceptional ability to lead/manage complex virtual and matrixed teams in multiple organizations and locations including third party vendors.
- Use Agile and Scrum methodologies to achieve the project or program objectives with project/program requirements, estimation, budgeting, resource allocation, planning, scheduling, execution, and implementation.
- Focus on process improvements. Have strong communication skills (verbal and written) to communicate to various groups of individuals at all levels including executives, managers, and technical staff.
- Use creativity and analytical skills to rapidly bring complex project issues to resolution. Have exceptional negotiation, organizational, prioritizing, and multi - tasking skills.
- Can manage several projects simultaneously. Have extensive experience in assessing and mitigating project risks.
- Knowledgeable in managing resource conflicts.
- Detail oriented and can master new concepts, skills, and practices quickly. Flexible and can adapt to changing priorities/environments.
- C an work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Software Development life cycle and Program/Project Management methodologies: Agile, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Agile Release Train (ART), SCRUM, Extreme Programming (XP), Kanban, Critical Path Method (CPM) and Waterfall
MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel ) , MS Project, VISIO:
Project Management and Defect Tracking Tools : Jira, Rally, Primavera, VersionOne, Planview, GEMINI, SmartSheet, Microsoft Teams and SharePoint
Managed global technical development projects which included:
Databases: SQL, Oracle, DB2, Mainframe, Cloud Technology
Release Management: VSAM, GSAM, JCL
Applications/Tools: SAP, Business Objects, Java, Mainframe systems, Access, SQL, Infor ERP Software, Oracle CPQ
Confidential - Fort Worth, Texas
IT Program/Project Manager
- IT Program/Project Manager for the successful implementation and data migration of company-wide customized Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Configure Price Quote (CPQ) systems for the largest manufacturer of commercial cooling and refrigeration products in the United States. The project portfolio for this implementation also includes Cloud configuration and integration of several additional software services. Managed the schedules, deliverables, configuration, and implementation planning for over 15 third party vendors ranging in project team sizes of 5 to 20 people. The ERP Cloud transformation will save the company ~$1m+ annually in labor and on-premise servers and operational expenses (Op Ex) and will provide all Confidential Global business units with real time customer, inventory, sales and financial data resulting in increased efficiencies, reduced turn-around time and increased data integrity.
- Using Agile methodology and collaboration, managed project activities in accordance with plans and schedules while adjusting to improve project flow; including the negotiation and adjustment of resources throughout the life of the projects and ensuring team members were motivated to be creative in finding solutions and new processes that resulted in continuous improvements.
- Worked with departmental leadership and key stakeholders to understand business needs.
- Developed and managed Program/Project schedules, budgets, resource plans, and status reports for moderate to complex IT projects involving multiple implications (human resources, funding, facilities, and equipment), risk identification and mitigation, consideration of risk tolerance, impact of parallel tasks, and multiple dependencies,
- Coordinated and facilitated communications across multiple stakeholders, sponsors, and executives.
- Facilitated solutions to close gaps, solve problems, and improve processes while watching for trends in determining root cause.
Confidential - Dallas, Texas
IT Senior Program/Project Manager
- IT Senior Project Manager for a large scale, complex portfolio of projects to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data from several systems and applications, including SAP Finance, to a single system. The ETL implementations and data migration to a single system resulted in substantial annual cost reductions (~$1m) of maintaining several systems, increased accuracy, reliability, and faster response time. Managed the successful migration of data for Phase 1 of the program on schedule and within budget.
- Used the Program/Project Agile methodology and collaboration to in corporate cross-functional teamwork with assigned Project Managers that resulted in clear accountability , cost reduction, improved global efficiency, greater visibility, and reduced technical debt. (Program/Project manager for ~10 teams with 2 -5 FTE per team). Worked with third party development teams for external production systems.
- Coordinated the business requirements, development, and the deployment of innovative Business Intelligence (BI) solutions for dashboards and reports.
Confidential - Southlake, Texas
IT Principal Program Manager
- IT Principal Program Manager to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) airline data to Confidential platforms and applications (~138K hours/$10.5m) which included managing the development team (4 FTE) that integrated Cloud technology and managing the Software Development teams (12 teams with ~ 6 FTE per team). The successful completion of this program resulted in a substantial increase to the company’s Earnings Before Interest, Taxes and Amortization (EBITDA).
- Managed a portfolio of multiple software development projects, using the Agile methodology, to define and organize the program, outline tenets, analyze and quantify data, drive performance improvements, and influence resource allocation for all stages of execution (from ideation to delivery)
- Used Agile program management practices during customer engagement and supported the sponsor VP and other leadership while adhering to contractual obligations which resulted in improved communications, efficiencies, and productivity.
IT Principal Program Manager
- IT Principal Program Manager for a large scale, complex project which involved the development of new functionality and the migration of data to a new platform (~90K+ hours/$6.5m) that increased Confidential market share in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with the alignment of fare logic across all domains.
- Transitioned the Confidential mainframe, open systems, and Java development teams to the Program/Project Agile methodologies which resulted in the teams viewing opportunities and challenges differently and led to greater efficiencies in the product design and development with reduced technical debt and reduced the number of project resources required which decreased redundancy and provided cost savings.
- Received a bonus for the program management of Confidential ’s Silver Challenge projects.