- Extensive technical experience with implementation and operations of IT (Converged Infrastructure, Cloud and Storage/SAN) solutions. Exhibited leadership across various project implementations to meet customer as well as project objectives.
- Product Expertise: EMC Symmetrix//VMAX, VNX/Clariion, XtremIO, RecoverPoint, VPLEX, Cisco MDS and UCS, VMware, VCE Vblock.
EMC SAN and Storage: Symmetrix symcli (command line) Perl5 scripting SRDF, TimeFinder/snap and clone, PowerPath, LUN masking (symmask), Symmetrix Configure (symconfigure), VMAX symaccess, symmigrate, thin provisioning, Brocade and Cisco fiber switches, SanCopy, Open Replicator, Open Migrator, Clariion Navisphere, navicli (command line), Unisphere for VMAX and VNX, RAID and Storage groups, Access Logix configuration, SnapView, sancopy.
Operating Systems: HP - UX (11.x), SUN Solaris (7, 8, 9, 10), Linux, Microsoft Windows, VMware 5.x
Ancillary Skills: SAN Perl5 scripting EMC Symmetrix/DMX and Vmax SRDF, BCV, symconfigure, symmask, symaccess, symmigrate, thin provisioning. Cisco, Brocade, McData Fiber Channel switches zoning, Perl5 & Unix shell scripting, EMC SAN/Storage Migration and D/R, VMAX, VNX. Storage migration EMC Sancopy, Open Replicator, SRDF, TimeFinder (clone/BCV), ITIL
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Team Lead Engineer, Consultant
- Implemented CISCO SAN infrastructure across multiple UBS sites.
- Architected and implemented storage migration from Weehawken, NJ data center to Stamford, CT data center using IVR, sanCopy, SRDF, Open-Replicator Storage tools.
- Designed and developed Storage reporting tool to produce daily, weekly capacity utilization reports.
- Automated Storage provisioning tasks using scripting languages Perl, Bash.
- Participated in BCP and DR testing which involved storage replication tools like SRDF, Mirror View.
- Developed and implemented scripts to automate to support EMC Clone, snaps.
- Performed daily operation tasks like storage provisioning, zoning and monitoring tasks.
- Vmax migration, symaccess, symmigrate (tier migration), thin provisioning.
- Involved in Disaster Recovery, EMC Symmetrix/DMX3 SRDF/A and CLARiiON MirrorView.
- Data Center move:
- SAN migration McData to Cisco MDS 9500
- CLARiiON CX300 to CX3-40 migration
- Scripted VMware and EMC RecoverPoint Disaster Recovery scenarios.
- Implementation & Deployment senior team member.
- Tech refresh: Multiple Symmetrix DMX3000 to DMX3 in multiple sites including SRDF and BCV.
- Brocade 12k/24k to Brocade 48k migration.
- Cisco MDS 9000 deployment.
- Implementation for Disaster Recovery roll out: DMX1000, CLARiiON CX700, McData Fiber Channel switches.
- Multiple Symmetrix 8830 migration to multiple DMX1000 and CLARiiON CX700
- Completed two (2) data center roll-out / migrations: SAN/storage and Unix/Windows servers
- Implementation of SAN environment utilizing EMC Symmetrix, Brocade and McData Fiber Channel switches, Timefinder (BCV), SRDF, SymConfigure, VolumeLogix.
- Clustering high availability Oracle, Sybase, Peoplesoft and SAP applications.
- Planned, designed and implemented EMC storage products including Symmetrix TimeFinder & SRDF, CLARiiON RAID group, Storage Group configuration utilizing scripting with EMC's command line interface.
- HP Unix and SUN Enterprise post sales support - planning, configuration, and implementation of system installations and upgrades.
- HP Unix and SUN Enterprise system management and administration.
Sample projects implemented
- Acted as Project Lead and Implementer on multiple projects and multiple platforms. Designed and implemented robust High Availability solutions (HP MC/Service Guard & VERITAS Cluster Server) for multiple applications in multiple sites:
- Configured servers, allocated (Perl scripted) EMC LUNs PowerPath, SRDF & Timefinder/BCV disk groups, CLARiiON RAID and Storage groups, Access Logix, disk volume and file systems. Developed, implemented, scripted, tested EMC SRDF & Timefinder/BCV, Volume Logix, PowerPath. Wrote scripts where possible to accomplish teh above configurations enabling rapid deployment. Scripted all high availability configurations and EMC SRDF failover/failback, Timefinder/BCV. Also wrote scripts to configure and run applications with out teh benefit of high availability software in an emergency rollback scenario.
- Centralized Managed Storage environment EMC SAN provisioning.
- Perl5 scripting for EMC Symmetrix Timefinder/BCV & SRDF, Symmetrix Configuration, LUN masking, Brocade zoning in SUN Solaris, Linux & Windows environments.
- Perl5 scripting for EMC CLARiiON RAID and Storage Groups, Access Logix, Brocade zoning in SUN Solaris, Linux & Windows environments
- Securities Industry Automation Corporation (SIAC)/American Stock Exchange
- 6-node campus cluster involving HP N-class servers, MC/Service Guard clustering software, EMC data storage with SRDF, Sybase. Active/Active clustered nodes with twelve (12) applications/packages.
- 2-node campus cluster involving SUN E4500 servers, VERITAS Clustering Server (VCS), EMC data storage with SRDF, Oracle. Active/Passive three (3) applications/resource groups.
United Parcel Service
Confidential, New Jersey and Atlanta
- Wrote and deployed HP, SUN & AIX Tivoli MIF scripts for server inventory system.
- Multiple clusters, HP N-class servers, MC/Service Guard, Forte, WMS, MQSeries, Oracle. EMC SAN data storage with BCV/Timefinder.
- OnDemand and Data warehouse projects. EMC SAN data storage, BCV/Timefinder.
- Multiple HP V-class, MC/Service Guard, Oracle, Tivoli project.