- Highly accomplished IT leader wif a proven track record of success in collaborating wif operational leadership to strategize, define, and align technology investments wif evolving business goals.
- Extensive expertise in building, optimizing, and managing highly efficient, reliable and scalable IT infrastructure supporting geographically dispersed users.
- Strength training, mentoring, and mobilizing staff and cross - functional teams in the quality delivery of services.
- Skilled in optimizing productivity while reducing costs by streamlining, standardizing, and automating the delivery of IT services.
- History of success in planning and managing cross-functional teams in the delivery of high-impact projects and solutions wif strong business value.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Chosen to strengtan TEMPeffectiveness of teams providing mobile, engineering, desktop, and help desk support to 3,500 users at corporate and laboratory sites in San Jose and Santa Clara. Following success, assumed additional support responsibility for 8 regional sites across the Americas. Manage team of 10 Support Technicians and Support Engineers, and budget of $3M.
- Restructured and expanded the team, strengtaned collaboration and communication, and built the development roadmap for staff that increased overall employee satisfaction, retention, and loyalty.
- Established the Documentation Portal to increase knowledge sharing, resulting in reducing timeframe to ramp up new Support Technicians from 80 to 30 days and new Support Engineers from 120 to 60 days.
- Identified the need, recommended, gained approval, and established a dedicated Lab Support Service and team that reduced downtime and product loss by 20% during chip take outs. Strategy was adopted by headquarters and played a major role as an advisor for the service rollout to corporate.
- Developed standards for site support wif an emphasis on communicating methods and status updates. Organized meetings between on-site IT staff and engineering to discuss upcoming project or IT changes, and project / issue status. Built the lab portal that automated the requesting and tracking of support requests.
- Recommended, gained approval from new CIO, and led a $4M laptop refresh initiative for the Bay Area campuses that increased productivity of user base.
- Expanded and standardized the Loaner Laptop Program across 8 domestic and international sites that enabled the delivery of corporate security platform to all travelers.
- Led the upgrade of on-premise Service Now tracking system to the SaaS-based solution that improved reporting capabilities and streamlined workflows.
- Championed the set-up of Help Desk Center Kiosks at 8 domestic sites and upgraded aging infrastructure that enabled users to obtain information on services and issues.
Confidential - San Bruno, CA
- Wifin 6 months of hire, built the desktop support structure and brought in-house VoIP support services.
- Improved new hire onboarding process by collaborating wif Human Resources on developing a documentation portal for new talent that improved the employee experience and delivered a 30-day ramp up.
- Reduced monthly cellular expenditures by 40%. Worked wif mobile carriers to establish corporate plans, discontinue services, switch mobile hotpot, and leverage embedded mobile hotspot.
- Slashed international coverage costs by educating users on available local Wi-Fi access and by configuring phones to reduce overages.
- Engaged wif departmental leadership teams to strategize, develop, and deploy new technology services.
- Automated procurement process for end users requesting technology equipment by integrating ticket system into purchasing order software, reducing timeframe for obtaining licenses. Leveraged license management software to track product usage and create a cost analysis for business units.
- Converted WebEx audio conferencing service to InterCall Reservationless Plus, resulting in a substantial cost reduction while providing business units wif audio conferencing capability.
- Migrated organization from Google Docs to Office 365 that improved accessibility to Microsoft tools.
- Identified users’ needs, recommended, and guided the migration of 50% of Mac OS users to Lenovo ThinkPad wif a 100% customer satisfaction.
IT Desktop Manager
- Collaborated extensively wif operational business units, engineering teams, and vendors to define technology needs and streamline infrastructure and users’ environment.
- Initiated and nurtured vendor relationships and partnerships wif key technology infrastructure contributors including the 3rd party help desk provider.
- Directed 10 Desktop Support Staff, providing 2nd and 3rd tier technical and escalation support for 900 internationally dispersed end users.
- Managed 20-member team of 20 providing the technology support for the annual Sales Kick Off (SKO) meeting. Implemented an onsite business solutions center to deliver technical support, training and system refreshes to 600 sales representatives, multiple vendors and partners. Provided presentation support for stage and web casting. Incorporated security measures by encrypting 90% of the remote sales team laptops.
- Delivered an automated high capacity image environment through the design of an SCCM build setting for imaging which consisted of image build, QA testing, and deployment for headquarters and remote locations.
- Incorporated process improvements through the upgrade of an existing ticketing system that provided metrics for the analysis of issues and in corporation of standardized system improvements.
- Managed our change process that included code push, DNS changes, MySQL databases updates and a host of other infrastructure dependencies.
- Improved internal collaboration and documentation through the testing and implementation of Microsoft SharePoint for IT infrastructure teams. The solution is currently being adopted throughout the enterprise.
- Implemented a low cost bit-locker encryption solution to protect intellectual property and adhere to compliance regulations for the mobile environment.
Confidential San Francisco, CA
Regional Trading Support Manager
- Designed and facilitated monthly online and classroom style technology training sessions for up to 50 end users. The sessions educated employees on new product offerings and optimization of existing technology solutions.
- Authored detailed documentation to standardize the install process, connectivity, and application functionality.
- Performed analysis of unused turret lines and facilitated a large consolidation of IPC direct lines. Achieved a substantial cost savings and improved client access.
- Led several upgrade and technology improvement projects including the migration of XP users to Windows 7, consolidation of 2 AD groups for the west coast region, and a data center reorganization.
- Key IT contributor in network and system design and implementation for a new office location in Hong Kong. Coordinated data migrations, equipment and circuit deployment through the installation of routers and facilitation of testing wif international and local carriers.
- Improved video conferencing capabilities by transitioning equipment from Polycom to a high definition offering from Tangberg.
- Consolidated large Exchange mailboxes for +60 regional users into manageable PST files to comply wif storage and computing requirements. Educated end users on email storage and retrieval capabilities.
- Standardized computer set up for 40+ users at a remote site. Collaborated wif headquarters to modernize outdated software and hardware.