- Effective IT Process Manager driving efficiencies through developing new and optimizing existing companywide processes.
- Proven Enterprise Capacity Management experience from implementing monitoring, data capturing, trending and utilizing date to project future growth and potential bottlenecks.
- Driven Project Manager drawing on excellent communication, time/people management and problem solving skills.
- Awarded Confidential IT Tech Excellence Award - Lead process manager in providing over 10,000 hours of labor savings in 12 month period by leveraging automation and simplifying processes.
- Identified and eliminated 1,500+ yearly work hours in Server Maintenance Process - Created process documentation that identified massive waste occurring in 10K+ server/database environment. Worked with Unix, Linux, Database and Application teams to implement a preapproved approach for required maintenance on a regular cadence with preapproved change orders.
- Eliminating the need for approval, signoff and rescheduling.
- Ground Up Implementation/Utilization of Capacity Management System - Analyze vendors, developed and implemented end to end capacity management system in multi datacenter environment allowing for real-time monitoring of environment, identification of trouble areas and projection of future growth based on trended data.
Project/Process Management: Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Visio, MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher), SDLC, Project Management Life Cycle, Process Management Toolset, Agile Methodology
Capacity Management: Capacity and Performance Monitoring/Management, Application Sizing, Data Mining, Resource and Demand Forecasting, Traffic Modeling, Systems Analysis, Performance Tuning
Tools/Services: Solarwinds IT Management Products (Network Management, Application & Performance Management, Storage Manager, Virtualization Management and IP Address Manager), Zabbix, SNMP, RMON, ClearCase, Quality Center, HP Service Manager
Telecom: VoIP, SIP, SS7, Call Processing, FCAPS, CDMA, TDM, DMS Databases SQL, Oracle
Programming Languages: C, C++, Protel, Pearl Operating Systems Windows, UNIX, Linux
Confidential, Plano, TX
IT Process Manager
- Developed and implemented combined maintenance procedure to streamline OS and Database maintenance within same 6 hour window.
- This effort cut application downtime in half for required monthly and quarterly maintenance events.
- Lead Process Manager in Defining/Implementing procedure to onboard ING Direct ~500 Linux servers to Confidential ’s Operations Management System after acquisition.
- Created detailed process documentation for manual and preapproved OS patching for Linux/Unix environment.
- Evaluated and Improved existing Failed Drive Disposal Process and Device Decommissioning Process, well received by process owners once improvements were implemented.
- IT Release Manager for UNIX/Linux environments utilizing HP Service Manager to plan, schedule and manage operating system patching releases ensuring compliance. Oversee offshore/onshore teams patching effort.
- Project lead for development of fully automated patching for VMware ESX hosts (~1200) environment with VWware and HP resources.
- Created monthly patch governance forum with metrics that creates synergy across OMS, Wintel, UNIX, IPS OMS, DB2, Release Management, and Oracle teams. This forum allows all teams involved to bring patching related issues to the forefront and gain efficiency for companywide server patching environment.
Confidential, Addison, TX
IT Capacity Manager
- Manage capacity projects that work through business critical capacity needs in a matrix organization.
- Projects range from new feature introduction, software bug fixes to hardware infrastructure growth/change to geographically diverse data centers.
- Create and present detailed capacity studies identifying current and potential system wide bottlenecks.
- Making proactive planning decisions and recommendations to mitigate risk while meeting SLAs.
- Developed and maintain SharePoint Capacity Dashboard for companywide reporting of capacity metrics.
- Identify capacity related KPIs (key performance indicators) supporting business cases for capacity needs, increase executives knowledge of resource utilization and show value of capacity management companywide.
- Increasing company revenue by preventing capacity related downtime, improved response times and allowing IT resources to be allocated more efficiently.
- IT hardware costs have become more controlled and disciplined.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Managed the development of testing strategies, test plan creation and test plan execution for new product features. Ensured 100% code coverage of new functionality testing.
- Tracked and managed all Customer Service Reports on software and hardware detected faults to completion.
- Defined, planned, and migrated large customer switching configurations / solutions. Maintained, upgraded, and reconfigured all components in large VoIP capacity labs.
- Researched and implemented system architecture for customer network migrations to VoIP platform.
- Provided business case support to Sales/Account teams on network configurations, individual components capacity/performance, and hardware requirements.
- Established network strategies to meet growth and change in customer networks. Assisted customers in monitoring, planning, and fine-tuning network/nodal capacity and performance.
Software Support Engineer
- Analyzed / debugged software issues to determine root cause and best possible solution in all areas of the DMS switching systems. Supported software upgrades of customer sites.
- Developed software solutions to address customer issues in a timely manner.
- Performed initial investigation on all customer reported issues and assigning out depending on engineers workload and experience. Tracked 100% of customer issues to completion.