- He is well - accomplished IT Project Manager with proven and in-depth technical expertise of over 9 + years of delivering various projects in data security/ data implementations, supported with a solid experience of 12 + years as a database administrator.
- Under his leadership, employing hands on/off style of management, he has delivered large and medium sized database & infrastructure related projects both local and globally.
- He demonstrates capability to be technical, direct global resources, coordinate multiple work group, direct enterprise wide projects., reduce operation costs, improve efficiency and automated IT process.
- He has managed global implementation from concept to testing / certifications, acceptance by business units.
- He is able recruit and manage resources, assess their technical strengths, implement training programs. He has successfully managed database administrators, developers and lead projects.
- Liaising between business and technology teams, he has evaluated & transformed business requirements into technology implementations, created process transformation for a more efficient and homogenous operations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Project Management
- Consensus builder
- Technology Strategy & Planning
- Technical leadership
- Business Continuity data solutions
- Data Governance & Audit
- Data Governance, compliance and security
- Emergent Technology assessment
- Assess risks & makes decision
- Portfolio planning and Budgeting
- Budgeting & program management
- SLDC & Agile - Scrum
- Developing training programs
- IT Business partnership
- Effective communications
- Enterprise Solutions architecture
- Production stability and performance
- Managed global or remote teams
- Managed Multiple projects streams
- Off-Shore project management
- IT process & efficiency
- Database solutions architecture
- Developed & assessed KPIs / RACI
- Mentored and guided interns/junior staff
- Advising on data protection with focus on preventing unauthorized data access/retrieval/modification/destruction
- Developing data solutions & automating document work flow for Mortgage Industry
- Database Identity management solutions.
- Database Audit process and remediation.
- Evaluating hardware and database infrastructure and advise on latency improvements.
- Test performance Solid State Flash array for DB storage.
- Evaluating emergent DB technologies such as mongodb, hadoop, rainstor
- Presenting viable database hosting solutions, especially in database as a platform, as a service concept.
- IT process and improvement.
- Reviewing the audit findings and assess systems against the audit points.
- Identify additional security gaps that exist in the database.
- Evaluate current database & o/s configuration settings, parameters.
- Define audit & database security framework.
- Develop documentation & knowledge training
- Create best practices, policies, security.
- Set audit standards and advise on an implementation plan.
- Identifying additional findings that were missed out by the TWI audit.
- Evaluate current database/ Operating System privileges.
- Develop end-to-end user tracking for each account in the database.
- Measure and test current databases controls and procedures.
- Database account lock-down procedures.
- Knowledge transfer and DBA & end user education.
- Lifecycle mangement of hardware, software, database versions
- Conducted an initial assessment of database security and access approval process for Oracle/MS SQL/SYBASE.
- Gathered understanding of disparate systems and their database.
- Identified & discovered existing gaps in current tools and systems.
- Document existing process and procedures to data access Developed data analysis algorithms.
- Extracted database ID & access privileges Evaluate violations for further remediation.
- Preventing data loss / data manipulation and data protection from unauthorized changes.
- Establish best practices, policies and procedures.
- Engage with IT Application Owner to evaluate allowable access.
- Create security & audit related documentation and maintain artifacts.
- Developed best practices to prevent future violations.
- GAP analysis of existing inventory systems.
- Created and implemented a repeatable audit process from concept to completion.
- Prepare & Communicate Audit related SOW to database manager, directors
- Negotiated & implemented new process enabling faster access systems for data extract.
- Improves compliance reporting time line.
- Defined the audit remediation template that has become the standard for audit remediation reports.
- Engage with application owners for actionable tasks for bringing database into compliance.
- Additionally trained Non DBAs in conducting analysis of data and derive reports.
- Directed implementation of best practices to sustaining database security model.
Project Manager / Strategic Platform Manager
- Drive internal PaaS service as a new model of database operations.
- Prepare technology presentations for key stake holders.
- Present IT solutions in effective manner & generate consensus, Increase adoption.
- Syndicated solutions architecture & design topology & elicited user feedback.
- Define SLA, KPI's and RACI for platform operations, provisioning, service delivery models.
- Solicited user requirements for future PaaS enhancements.
- Managed multiple releases & upgrades to DHP Paas Platform
- Streamline and Enhance process for provisioning and operations.
- Automated database ordering intake form and streamlined work groups using MS Infopath.
- Lead a team implementing enterprise wide monitoring & alerting system for database platform.
- Regularly conducted meetings with IT partners, operations, operations & engineering.
- Maintained project status, risks, scope creep.
- Reported project RAG status to IT & Business sponsors and steering committee.
- Managed Requirements on JIRA.
- Managed Testing and Defect resolution on HP Quality Center (HP QC).
- Evaluate new products and emergent technologies with vendors.
- Created internal training programs for DBA staff.
- Persuaded product and database platform adoption, thus reducing individual CAPEX.
- Created database governance & access standards to be compliant.
- Audit, access traceability & accountability measures.
- Involved in data-center relocation projects.
- Program resource & effort estimation.