Principle Consultant, Agile & Project Management Capability
- Led teams in transforming traditional PMOs to include Agile / DevOps.
- Blending service delivery with business development and team leadership from developing an initial consulting proposal to leading, delivering and managing the delivery of large digital transformations and organizational change programs across geographies and verticals.
- Developed strategic consulting proposals and Agile Transformation strategies, implementation road maps, rollout strategies and charters.
- Successfully engaged Confidential levels and divisional business leadership in establishing Agile Transformation, moving from a project view to a product approach. Led Management of Change for business, operations and IT. Created Agile Release strategies, define Agile Release Trains and Program Increments.
- Trained Change Agents, executives, managers, and leaders.
- Created internal org change communications, defined/collected the feedback and metrics to report progress and continuously improve Agile Transformation results.
- Led OCM engagements, prepared client and internal organization for agile cultural transformational change driven by changes in IT delivery models, processes, roles, tools, technologies, and organizational structures.
- Trained teams on Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.) and conducted role based Agile training for Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer, Product Owner, Product Manager and Feature team members. Transformed delivery in distributed agile environment on - site / off-shore model.
- Implemented DevOps capabilities such as Continuous Planning, Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) and Automated Continuous Testing (TDD / BDD). Combined ITIL and DevOps to Deliver Business Value for Bimodal IT.
Agile Transformation Leader
- Designed and lead processes and governance for Continuous Planning, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Testing.
- Led exec reporting and program controls
- Synchronized overall Production Releases with multiple Agile teams with internal JnJ Shared Services and Waterfall teams
- Streamlined complex Compliance processes
Executive Director, Consulting - PMO & Agile Practice
- Led PMOs and PM practice for Business Transformation consultancy, growing revenue by 135% Confidential .
- Developed proposals, strategies, roadmaps and tactical plans for transforming traditional PMOs and software development organizations to include Agile / DevOps as well as waterfall.
- Developed business architecture and org designs for PMO and governance for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and outsourcing.
- Consulted on IT and PPM Governance including PMO assessment, establishment, maturation; applications portfolio rationalization, project portfolio, platforms, infrastructure and IT alignment with business strategy.
- Led PMO and Agile development methodology, established Governance for agile business processes, standards, best practices, metrics, reports and dashboards. Drove agile development for teams of 75 and PMO maturity during ERP implementation
- Led executive team in creating a strategic product roadmap for a new product.
- Led design thinking with a cross functional team to develop an $8M product evaluation/ roadmap for an innovative hybrid cloud platform and associated products.
- As a Product Manager, identified market requirements for current and future products. Worked with market research and interviewed customers and partners.
- Drove solution across teams (Dev / Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Operations and Sustainment/Support) through market requirements, product design, competitive market analysis and pricing and positioning.
- Developed the consulting strategy and led strategic PMO & PM capability assessment and performance improvement / Project Portfolio Management roadmap for a +$200M portfolio. Transformed traditional PMO to include Lean-Agile/ DevOps by creating Agile transformation strategy, Agile CoE charter and agile governance.
- Provided strategic leadership and guidance to industry Best Practices, Process Standardization, Governance, and Continuous Process Improvements to increase the consistency and repeatability of delivery processes including: Invest Portfolio / Demand Management / Product Selection governance and Resource Management and road mapping for both waterfall and agile.
- Established a framework for a PPM tool set evaluation for the ePMO, selected Clarity for waterfall and Jira for Agile. Developed an implementation roadmap for agile PPM & PMO Performance Management.
- Facilitated PMO Summit workshops for MBU PMO leaders for $2.5 B portfolio to create a common standard on industry Best Practices, Process Standardization, and Governance.
- Created PM training roadmap for new global Enterprise PMO that included investment portfolio and resource management, PPM tool solution strategy road mapping.
Confidential, Savannah, GA
Senior Manager, PMO
- Built a PMO from scratch with a global portfolio of 120+ projects valued at $75M delivering $250M in value.
- Implemented Portfolio Value Management and governance for GAC’s long term business strategy.
- Process and policy rationalization and harmonization in alignment with overall IT/Finance Strategy in global M&A environment.
- Capitalized on the optimal IT assets from each side of acquisition.
- Increased project delivery rate by 50% first year and 120% second year using process improvement methodologies from TOC Lean 6 Sigma on a 120 project portfolio
- Owned IT Project Management - PMO, PM methodology and PM Best Practices. Led 18 PMs, grew PMO by 250%.
- Established PMLC and SDLC methods for Test Driven Development for agile and waterfall. Implemented Scrum and Kanban.
- Implemented PPM system ( Confidential Project Portfolio Management Center) in an agile roll out to track projects, eliminate manual reporting. Created Investment Portfolio Management and Resource Management methodology and strategic roadmaps.
- Led PPM Training for 250 users, configured PPM dashboards and scorecards with KPI metrics/graphics for execs.
- Improved project delivery by 80%, reduced budget overruns by 66%, reduced schedules by 50%, cut 125 non-performing projects
- Within 3 months, established a formal Investment Review Board of executives to optimize projects investment and prioritization.
- Established a benefits realization framework to determine whether projects delivered desired results, drove accountability and encouraged stakeholders to provide accurate cost and benefit estimates.
- Chief enabler of what IT can accomplish - enabled visibility into Resource Management and Resource Capacity Planning.
- Designed and maintained a visual representation of IT's demand vs. capacity to set business expectations on what work load IT could undertake and then create the schedule when the resources could perform the tasks.
- Ensured Portfolio Management adoption and Governance to improve delivery value and optimize IT resources. Ensured the portfolio was aligned to business strategy by ensuring all projects support strategic objectives of the leadership Balanced Scorecard and KPIs.
- Establish a reporting process - detailed project reporting to Executive Leadership Team, CIO and Customer Management.
- Developed and reported metrics (KPIs) that allow measurement of the portfolio and provide insight into areas needing attention.
- Delivered Resource Management, Financial Management, Time Management, and established PMLC.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Manager, Consulting - PMO & Agile Practice
- Transformed traditional PMOs and software development organizations to include Agile / DevOps as well as waterfall.
- Project/Program Management Doctor provided analysis and PMO Strategy based upon best practices; drove PPM health assessments; PMO assessments and roadmaps.
- Support individual projects in project governance, management, and benefits realization.
- Provided PM and PMP training and PMO Director coaching.
- PMO Assessments, Design, Setup, Operation, and maturity.
- Project and Program Planning, Assessments and Reviews.
- Project Portfolio Management - Planning, standardization, business case development, prioritization, approval, reporting, and initiation. Measure risks, resources, ROI and Costs for slated projects to determine trade-offs and priority.
- Project Startup Facilitation and Project Turnaround Management.
- Established Agile Transformation strategies, agile Center of Excellence and program charters.
- Developed agile processes and org designs at scale.
- Developed the proposal, consulting strategy and led $19M turnaround program.
- Reengineered the program charter and roadmap from waterfall to agile, led technical solution and prioritized the approach.
- Restructured Program Planning and Controls on a complex program (26 Feature teams) that was re-started four previous times with cost overrun of 200% and a schedule overrun of almost 70%. Led an onshore team of 75+ on 9 Agile Release Trains.
- The restructuring included a program health check, identified and fixed broken processes, and combined industry standard best practices for Scrum involving 55 Confidential and 100 offshore resources.
- Created Governance strategy, led PPM tools & vendor selection.
- Designed and implemented best practices on PPM Governance for Work intake, Investment Prioritization/Portfolio Selection/Optimization, Demand Management, Resource Management, Budget and Scheduling Management, Strategy Alignment, Benefits Realization and Governance.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior Program Manager
- Recruited into a second in command staff position in a global PMO Center of Excellence.
- Provided experienced leadership to optimize PPM investment and mature PM Quality Management standards.
- Improved delivery execution and project success rates. Led PPM Process Management capabilities’ benchmark study, career path and training curriculum as well as, assessments, gap analysis & business process re-engineering roadmaps for several accounts.