- Managed implementations and migrations of enterprise solutions on multiple platforms using SQL Server and Oracle for commercial and government organizations.
- Managed multi - million dollar projects to build data warehouses on Greenplum and Netezza appliances with Informatica ETL processes.
- Managed multiple projects to support SAS modeling and Micro Strategy reporting on the Greenplum and Netezza appliances.
- 15+ years’ experience with MPP and cluster technologies
- Expert user of MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access, and Microsoft Project
- Created and maintained SharePoint sites and created workflows for managing issues logs, etc.
- Implemented software for state and local government enterprise workflow solutions covering Permitting, Licensing, Planning, Code Enforcement, Asset Management, Work Orders, GIS and Utility Billing.
- Able to recognize and articulate the risk reward tradeoffs for alternative solutions.
- Directed software development through entire SDLC for Enterprise solutions
- Managed Business Intelligence implementations using SQL Server Analytic Server, Microstrategy and SAS
- Proficient with SQL Server procedures, triggers and Integration Services solutions.
- Microsoft MCSE Certified.
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing Program Manager - Program manager for implementation of data warehouse supporting SAS financial models and predictive fault analytics for fleet maintenance. Rescued high-profile program that had been started in 2010 and stopped in late 2011.
- Redefined objectives and defined methodology for enhanced collaboration among vendors and in-house staff resulting in a high quality deliverable accepted by the business users.
- Created process for establishing Data Dictionary as part of Master Data Management effort by extracting information from Greenplum, Netezza, Informatica and Micro Strategy.
- Strategic Projects Portfolio Manager - As part of the emerging PMO organization I manage a team of 10 to 15 Project Managers and Business Analysts assigned to major projects and programs.
- Current active projects include the design and implementation of a customer web portal, single sign-on, warranty claims management, maintenance shop technology upgrades for up to 800 locations, tablet deployment at remote locations, on-line truck rental, automated preventative maintenance and repair scheduling, as well as major upgrades to other existing systems on IBM Z, I series, Windows, Unix and Linux servers.
Confidential, Juno Beach, FL
- Lead implementation of various efforts to support Power Marketing, Energy Trading for Value at Risk and Management Reporting of revenues derived from generation activities as reported through automated and manual meter reading systems in an Oracle/Cognos environment.
- Lead project to implement High Performance Computing Cluster on Red Hat Linux with mixed batch and interactive workloads to support compute intensive weather modeling.
- Redirected project to enable utilization of parallel processing in a scalable cluster using commodity hardware and software while minimizing the need for custom development.
- Implemented a high performance cluster on Red Hat Linux, with Moab Cluster Manager, Open LDAP, MySQL, Subversion version control and a custom Java application to create batch job streams.
- Delivered project 30% under budget with turnaround improvements of 14:1 over previous methods.
Confidential, Sherwood, OR
- Data conversion and implementation of Hansen 8 Meter Management and Utility Billing modules in a SQL Server/.Net environment.
- Co-Authored gap analysis to determine strategies and tactics for complete implementation of enterprise modules and corrections to previous implementation.
- Delivered first live implementation of Hansen8 for Utility Billing and Meter Management.
Confidential, Denton, MD
- Analyzed, planned and implemented Land Planning applications, for Subdivision, Forest Preservation and Commercial Projects; and completed stabilization of previous implementations. Created procedures and database triggers in SQL 2005.
- Designed and developed reports in Crystal XI.
- Retrained users in more effective ways to use the system.
- Created reports for Street Sign maintenance and developed SQL Server 2005 SSIS solution to interface Gasboy fuel data collection to Hansen V7.
Director, Information Technology
Confidential, Stuart, FL
- Replaced PBX technology with Voice over Ethernet to support multi location operation as a consolidated entity with enhanced features and lower cost
- Designed and implemented Business Intelligence System providing easy to use near real-time indicators to enable timely operational adjustments.
- Upgraded skills of support and development staff with over 80% having achieved Microsoft A+, N+, MCP, MOUS Expert and MCSE s.
- Established capacity and performance metrics for Citrix Metaframe/Terminal Server network.
- Implemented disaster preparedness plan and exercised it through two hurricanes.
- Established RAD methodologies using Visual Studio for improved speed and quality of application delivery.
- Initiated use of MS Project, Project Central, SourceSafe, SQL Server, Visio, and Web based documentation to establish Enterprise Project Management.
Senior Product Manager
Confidential, West Columbia, SC
- Defined requirements and coordinated development for products to control Confidential servers ranging in scale from single CPU NT servers to UNIX based MPP servers with 256 CPUS supporting multi-terabyte Teradata data-warehouse systems.
- Coordinated integration of OEM software development with Confidential proprietary code.
- Analyzed market potential and development costs for new products in the systems management and e-Commerce market spaces for bringing viable products to market.
- Researched and selected vendor partners for CRM, Ecommerce, and Call Center solutions.
Project Manager / Consultant
- Authored and marketed a 300 page manual on negotiating software contracts, producing over $200,000 in direct sales.
- Developed and negotiated contracts for consulting services, data networking, fixed price application development, outsourcing and managed network services.
- Provided cost savings for one client between $3,000,000 and $6,000,000 as a direct result of process improvements.
- Negotiated successful offshore applications development, and mainframe data center outsourcing projects including a $100,000,000 agreement for Unix server hardware, software and services.
Confidential, Maitland, FL
- Met or exceeded quota each year with CA/Datacom, CA/IDMS, and related software products for mainframes, UNIX and PC platforms
- Successfully introduced distributed client server versions of mainframe database software on PC/LAN platforms to existing mainframe clients.