- Ability to manage SCM processes which include compiling, packaging, deploying and application configurations.
- Skilled at Software Development Life Cycles and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- Extensively worked with source controller tools like SVN (Subversion), GIT and CA Harvest.
- Good exposure in administering version control systems to create daily backups and checkpoint files.
- Experience with build tools like Apache Ant and Apache Maven for writing build.xml and pom.xml respectively.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Puppet and Build Forge for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Efficient experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository managers for Maven builds.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS.
- Implemented Shell and Perl scripts for release and build automation. Manipulated and automated scripts to suit the requirements.
- Managed environments DEV, QA, CI, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Responsible for building and releasing packages for different testing Environments.
- Integrated the Code Quality Analysis Tools like FindBugs and Cobertura in ANT Projects.
- Closely worked with Developers and Analysts to address project requirements. Able to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team - working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, HTML, XML, Shell, Perl.
Operating Systems: Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2003/2000/NT/98/95, Sun Solaris 2.x, HP-Unix, RHEL.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, MYSQL, SQL Server 2008.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN.
CI Tools: Jenkins, Puppet Build Forge.
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Logic, Web Sphere
Version Control System: Subversion (SVN), GIT, CA Harvest.
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT repositories and the access control strategies.
- Created the branches in GIT to implement the parallel development process.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts rose during the merge in GIT.
- Used GIT for branching and merging.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager’s for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects.
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool.
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Wrote MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Documented project’s software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Installed and Configured Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Configured Puppet to perform automated Deployments.
- Expert in User Management and Plugin Management for Puppet.
- Build, configured and support Application team environments.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
Environment: GIT, Maven, Puppet, Hudson, Tomcat, Perl, Shell Script, Oracle.
Build & Release Engineer
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications into different environments like Dev, INT, QA and PROD.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds based on polling the GIT source control system.
- Created Ant, Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Worked on the transition project that involved migration activities to Maven 2 from Ant to standardize the build across all the applications.
- Used Nexus tool to manage the repository in Maven and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Created the branches in SVN to implement the parallel development process.
- Proposed branching strategies and implemented it.
- Managed Users and Groups in SVN and troubleshoot client spec issues and user issues.
- The deployment and server bounce process is automated by creating the scripts using Weblogic Scripting Tool(WLST)
- The build artifacts like wars and ears are deployed into a Weblogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts
- Maintained all the Linux environments for deployments.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Presented reports to the Project manager about the progress and issues tracking key project Milestones, plans and resources.
Environment: SVN, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA, Shell, Perl, WebLogic, Nexus.
Build & Release Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Used Harvest for the purpose of Software Configuration management and maintaining the versions.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes.
- Used ANT Scripts to automate the build process.
- Developed UNIX and Perl Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams (Integration, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Export/Import Informatica objects such as mappings, sessions and workflows between repositories.
- Served as a partial administrator for UNIX machines.
- Attended the Minor/Major Event change control meetings to get necessary approvals for the deployment request.
- Used Perl/Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analyst and Mangers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.
- Executed the DB Scripts (DML), which has dependencies on the code on Oracle DB.
- Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production.
- Used Remedy as deployment issue tracking tool.
Environment: Harvest, Hudson, ANT, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Business Objects, and Oracle.