- IT professional with 5+ years of experience as a business analyst and 3 years as scrum master with expertise in the Healthcare, Telecom, Financial and Insurance industries.
- Solid experience working in the phases of SDLC, business process modeling, GAP analysis, development support, and software testing support.
- Proficiency working in areas of project management, technical and analytical support and in applying and implementing waterfall, agileand hybrid Methodologies.
- Vehement proponent of continuous improvement in a disciplined agile framework.
- Passionate agilest with plans for continued / in the short term
- Proficiency working in the Waterfall, Agile (SCRUM) and Hybrid methodologies.
- Produced artifacts such as BRD, FRD, scope document, use cases, use case diagrams, and UML diagrams in a waterfall environment while creating artifacts such as product backlog, sprint backlog, user stories and acceptance criteria in an agile (SCRUM) environment.
- Expertise in documenting business requirements and creating functional/non - functional requirements by conducting walk through sessions.
- Assisted QA teams in creating test scripts and provided support during unit testing, system testing, regression / end to end, and UAT testing.
- Assisted development team to ensure the quality of the project and worked with IT teams for gathering estimates, leading project status meetings, handling and communicating change control work, conducting cost-benefit analysis, resource management tasks, etc.
- Facilitated and managed sessions with project sponsors, business owners, product managers, SMEs and analysts from various business areas
- Effective hands-on business professional with solid business understanding, strong technical skills, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills as well as effective organizational and team building qualities.
Environment: s: Java, .NET, Mainframe, COBOL, SQL
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile (Scrum), and Hybrid.
Microsoft Office Tools: Excel, Word, Visio, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
Tools: Assure, Hadoop, Oracle ERP, Zena, Talend, ServiceNow, JIRA, Rally, HP ALM.
Scrum Master/Agile Coach
- Coach individual and groups in agile processes and tools.
- Forecast sprint iterations with the Product Owner and other business partners.
- Handle release management for monthly releases to
- Monitor and eliminate team conflicts/impediments.
- Stakeholder relationship management, negotiation & communication.
- Ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- Established and implemented project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Lead representative within scrum master Community of Practice (CoP) for Finance department; Helping align goals and processes within the department and advocating best practices for enterprise agile development.
- Owner of all scrum ceremonies (grooming, planning, retro, review, and standup) and team board in JIRA.
- Used previous business analyst experience to improve BAs communication with business and write high quality user stories/acceptance criteria.
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
- Interacted with various business stakeholders to finalize the Business Requirements for the application.
- Waterfall framework projects included creating waterfall documents such as: BRD, FRD, Use Case, Screen mockups, Wireframes, Use case diagrams and Activity diagrams.
- Assisted the Project Manager in defining the scope, and defining business rules of the project.
- Conducted JAD sessions for requirements gathering, analysis and design of the system.
- Created context and workflow models, and business process flow diagrams using Rational Tools and Microsoft Visio.
- Documented requirements and transformed them into functional and technical requirement specifications.
- Interacted with different business groups to perform Gap analysis to identify the deficiencies in the system by comparing the actual objectives with the system objectives desired.
- Reviewed test strategy and test plans to ensure, test cases reflected functional, user interface, performance, usability and security requirements
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Business Systems Analyst
- Projects implemented on the hybrid methodology.
- Hybrid framework projects included creating waterfall documents while following the lifecycle of an agile framework. Created waterfall methodology artifacts: BRD, FRD, Use Case, Screen mockups, Wireframes, Use case diagrams and Activity diagrams
- Conducted detailed analysis of business requirements and design of the high level modules including creating a design document containing interactive diagram, sequence diagrams, screenshots of GUI and database mapping.
- Conducted analysis/elicitation on client requirements and business needs via walkthrough sessions and client meetings, in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Communicated and collaborated with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and delivered the following artifacts as needed: Functional and Business Requirements Document, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, Product and Sprint Backlogs, Use Cases, GUI (Mock-up Screen and Interface designs/Prototypes)
- Worked with Team Leads in various departments to gather information on workflows and conduct GAP Analysis AS-IS and TO-BE.
- Worked with QA team to develop and execute Test Plans, Test Scripts and all other deliverables and activities related to Quality Assurance of the Products.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com implementation cycle in Sales, Marketing, Service and support modules.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Gathered end user functional and system requirements for business need by conducting business requirement meeting and detail interviews with Business users, stakeholders and subject Matter experts (SMEs).
- Projects were implemented on the agile framework.
- Created agile framework artifacts such as: Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria and UML Diagrams.
- Function as the primary liaison between the business client and technical areas throughout the project life cycle.
- Worked extensively on MS Office tools such as: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. for documentation and presentation purposes, used MS SharePoint for document storage/sharing, and MS Outlook extensively for communication and meetings on the project.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Jr. Business Analyst
- Function as the primary liaison between the business client, operations, and technical areas throughout the project life cycle.
- Conducted requirements gathering and analysis by conducting walkthrough sessions and other elicitation techniques such as creating surveys and questionnaires.
- Worked with Team Leads in various departments to gather information on workflows to provide a comprehensive overview for current and future projects and processes
- Communicated and reported to managers from all levels and aspects of the business
- Develop examples to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to the technical teams
- Created process models, specifications, diagrams and charts to translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Created waterfall framework artifacts such as: BRD, FRD, use case and use case diagrams and UML diagrams.