An accomplished senior project executive (“classical project manager”) with 25+ years of demonstrated expertise in operations & project management (PMO) disciplines directing multi - disciplinary project TEAM members (PMs, BAs, SAs / Ops Div & Vendor Reps) in the identification and deployment of business process solutions (via application of new technologies and/or detailed workflow analysis & business process improvement). Proven ability to manage large-scale COTS & custom-design projects applying SDLC (PMBOK) processes involving multiple global locations. Personally handled over 100+ various types of global & regional telecom, insurance (health & P&C) & pharmaceutical business process & service delivery projects covering day-to-day support, discretionary and strategic initiatives focused at application upgrade, maintenance of regulatory requirements and adhoc customer request. Experienced communicator with extensive experience as liaison to Senior Management, Business Operating Staff, IT, Clients & Vendors.
Project plan development
Metrics / status reporting
Budget / financials forecast
Process re engineering
COTS review & selection
Test plan creation / execution
Scope, schedule change mngnt
Risk / Issue control & tracking
Critical path dependency
SDLC, PMI, AGILE
User acceptance testing (UAT)
Website COE design & update
C -Level reporting
Mergers & acquisitions
CLARITY / OWB
PROGRAM / PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Established Program Management Office to facilitate IT project implementation. Included the introduction of standardized forms, processes and procedures, phase gate reviews & approval processes to assure appropriate levels of quality assurance & confirmation of meeting operational need. Managed portfolio of associated project tracking documents (eg: WBS, project issues, UAT, ORT, training). Ensured adherence to master plans, schedules, and company sponsored SDLC & AGILE processes
- Supervised PMs, BAs and SAs involving pharmaceutical, telecom, property & casualty claims, indemnity / managed care claims, sales, financial, regulatory compliance & disaster recovery initiatives.
- Interfaced regularly with multiple corporate departments located globally (Underwriting, Claims, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Legal, IT, HR, Compliance, Security, Internal Audit) to validate / update project requirements, obtain funding & staffing, confirm adherence to regulatory requirements and execute needed tasks to achieve desired objectives.
- Managed various projects involving: 1) outsourcing of in-house printing & mailing services; 2) medical explanation of benefits document re-design; 3) system evaluation & replacement; 4) corporate merger/acquisition; 5) regulatory compliance (HIPAA, FDA), 6) End-User product deployment (Office365 / WINDOWS 2000 / SharePoint Online system migration) Additionally supported day-to-day break fix of medical, life, P&C & pension claims processing systems.
- Supervised project - related procurement activities: 1) identify business need / reqs; 2) defined “vendor (candidate) pool”; 3) drafted / issued RFI / RFP docs; 4) evaluated / scored vendor responses; 5) selected vendor; 6) drafted & awarded contract. Assured vendor agreements are executed as written. Financials tracked via ARIBA.
- Project liaison for 3RD party vendors / contractors (eg: DELL, Apptio, SPARTA, EMC / Documentum, QUMAS, ORACLE, SAP, Siebel, XEROX, Microsoft).
- Drafted/submitted yearly budget cost estimates (on behalf of sponsors) to support yearly strategic, discretionary & maintenance projects
- Prepared appropriate ad hoc & required project documentation (cost estimations, charter, scope, project plan, BRD, FRD, etc) inclusive of associated risks, issues and assumptions. Facilitated identification & tracking of mitigation activities.
- Performed routine PM duties covering weekly monthly status reporting, expense review, sponsor & PMO update, and issue & risk management remediation ( reporting provided via CLARITY PPM tool ).
- Supervised IT dev & config activities supporting delivery of defined requirements. Applied SDLC methodologies to help reduce time-to-market & reduce application development error rates
- Facilitated JAD sessions between the Project Sponsor, Business, and IT & Vendor Reps to identify requirements for approved projects.
- Routinely worked with supported business operations to evaluate & enhance existing business process, standards and controls.
- Performed SME Interviews, business & technology assessment gap analysis & system conversion strategy, SDLC/PMO framework / deliverables /implementation, management presentations, resource planning/allocation, scope/change management, risk management, issue tracking/reporting, quality assurance and user acceptance testing.
- Drafted job aides / FAQ / training reference material for internal employees, insured ( Confidential ts), providers, and union officials to facilitate understanding of upcoming process and/or technology changes surrounding HIPAA Compliance requirements.
- Reviewed & analyzed (HIPAA) regulatory language to support the drafting of needed (new) policies & procedures
- Designed regulatory compliance program “authorization” & “verification” processes (job aides, Confidential t communication, forms, etc.)
- Trained 600 + corporate employees in NY / NJ / CT locations via classroom and WEB-EX training sessions on HIPAA requirements
- Authored 54 HIPAA privacy & security, policy & procedure documents to direct 150 + CSRs, Claims Processors, Account Executives Union Officials on how to secure claim records and to communicate with Confidential ts regarding claims processing issues
Confidential, Raritan, NJ
SR Project Manager
- Assigned to oversee the coordination & planning of the upgrade of the TrackWise Enterprise Quality Management System used by Confidential Research & Development Team Members.
Confidential, Chesterbrook, PA
SR Project Manager
- Assigned to newly formed PMO organization with responsibility for the full project (SDLC) lifecycle of discretionary & strategic projects approved for the Human Resources, Marketing & Legal Departments.
- Primary role acting as the liaison between respective business owners, technical team & external vendor partners in the process of developing the range of tasks associated with completing in-scope project deliverables.
- Core deliverables cover development of key project documentation: business plan, project charter, business requirements, technical requirements.
- Provides overall financial direction for the projects to manage the development of budgets, controls and measurements to monitor project progress (via use of CLARITY PPM tool).
- Identifies potential risks within the project; proactively manages issues.
- Responsible for the completion of routine weekly leadership status reporting on overall project progress.
Confidential, Raritan, NJ
SR Project Manager
- Over the course of tenure, assigned to Global Technology Services / PMO to manage delivery of approved projects within various portfolios.
- Set of responsibilities split within two distinct tracks: 1) portfolio; 2) project.
- Portfolio-based responsibilities include the reporting (via the CLARITY PPM project tracking tool) of key metrics (plan vs. actual) reflecting attainment of the chartered project objectives (time, cost, scope).
- Reporting of identified issue & risk remediation / mitigation needed to achieve these objectives.
- Preparation / participation of scheduled and/or adhoc “C-Level” meetings discussing various stages of project initiation, planning, & execution.
- Responsible to provide regular status to the project sponsor. Project-based responsibilities include oversight of software development / integration projects queued within the specific portfolio at time of the assignment.
- Key responsibilities included the oversight of multiple projects (containing multiple tracks of technical & operational readiness deliverables) involving E-2-E activities: IT & business owner workshop planning meetings, requirements gathering, budget estimations, d Confidential & roles mapping, draft of SOPs & WIs, product feature / process flow gap analysis & mitigation planning, project schedule draft, as well as the completion of the required SDLC project documents.
- Reviewed day-to-day progress with global technical team members.
- Provided guidance as appropriate to help Team members with conflict / priority resolution.
- Acted as liaison with external vendor business partners: 1) Apptio; 2) Documentum; 3) QUMAS, 4) Confidential Pharmaceuticals & 5) Microsoft. Adherence to existing SDLC processes, standards & controls. Key projects overseen covered Internal Audit / FDA findings remediation, EDMS (Documentum) system upgrade, Apptio systems implementation and Office365 / SharePoint Online implementation.
Confidential - Basking Ridge, NJ
Project Manager, PMO
- Assigned to oversee key strategic, discretionary and “light’s on” SAP projects supporting Human Resources, Finance, Legal and Service Operations business verticals.
- Primary role is focused at the oversight of technical, operational and vendor-based teams in the preparation, execution validation & closing phases to assure all planned project metrics remain within tolerance. Responsible to maintain project plan and associated project records.
- Adhered to established PMO practices regarding the control of financials, risk identification & mitigation, quality control and weekly project status reporting.
- Primary Lead in presenting project status at (weekly) Gate Review Meetings held by IT Leadership.
- Participated in the introduction of PMO-based methodologies being designed and rolled-out to the organization.
Confidential, Blue Belle, PA
Project Manager, PMO
- Primary responsibility for the coordination & planning of requested maintenance, discretionary & strategic projects covering the distribution of Canadian telephone directories.
- Leads US & Canadian-based cross functional Teams (comprised of internal & external (client) ops & sales departments, as well as 3RD party vendors, to complete program/project plans, tasks and associated milestones supporting existing & new customers.
- Ensures the definition, sizing, resourcing & completion of all defined deliverables required to support the specific initiative underway.
- Interfaced regularly with client & vendors to coordinate / align deliverables. Works closely with test teams to ensure all identified gaps & defects are identified, tracked & mitigated during unit, functional, UAT & regression testing. Participated in the introduction of PMO-based methodologies.