- Results - oriented, innovative senior consulting professional with extensive program/project management, financial management, business process and technical consulting experience. Experience with Project Management methodologies and tools, including PMI, SDLC, ITIL, MS Project and MS Excel. Employs proven project management techniques including financial analysis, staffing plans, requirements definition, work breakdown structures, testing criteria and change control.
- Experienced in organizing enterprise-scale projects on time, with elevated productivity and budgetary discretion.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to scope and direct the activities of clients, vendors, technicians and end-users.
- Over 20 years of technical engineering, customer relationship, and project management experience. Past 15 years specifically as Program Manager engaged in Fortune 1000 IT technical project planning and implementation.
- Ability to communicate successfully across all levels of management and stakeholders. A persuasive negotiator with strong communication and presentation skills. Extensive experience presenting to highest levels of management.
- Outstanding organizational skills with ability to support simultaneous projects, acutely aware of detail, updates and deadlines. Able to plan and execute projects while balancing staff resources and skill sets in highly-matrixed organizations.
- Two decades of experience in the development and execution of IT Program Management organizations (IT PMO).
- Trained and mentored offshore managers, engineers, developers and technicians.
- Experience in all aspects of IT Infrastructure and SDLC Program & Project Management:
IT Infrastructure Program/Project Manager
Confidential - Chicago, IL
- Migrate and decommission 3,500 applications from legacy DC to new DC in Elk Grove, IL location in 18-month timeline.
- Guide application owners through entire migration process (server requirements, application inter-connectivity, vendor requirements, firewall rules, operational support, etc.)
- Control cutover/outage process with testing controls in place.
- Decommission legacy Hardware/VM’s/Circuits in post-migration process.
- Managed team to test 2012/2016 Server unattended build and critical client applications distributed via SCCM.
- Migrated distributed WiFi infrastructure at United US domestic airport locations to corporate Cisco hardware standard.
- Managed enterprise data repository migration from an unsupported on-premise platform to an Amazon Cloud (AWS S3) environment. Employed an enterprise-standard canonical data model during this process.
- Led Accenture DEV team to direct inbound data to Data Hub repository for ETL offload to downstream systems.
- Gathered business requirements to develop customized SQL product and customer reporting dashboards.
- Continuing ongoing process of migrating legacy systems to AWS Cloud, reducing on-premise footprint for increased support and maintenance savings. Responsible for development sizing requirements, costs, migration plans, testing approach, go-live communications and final decommission plans.
Program Manager, Enterprise Infrastructure
- Led the Enterprise Voice transition from traditional PSTN services to a SIP-based platform using existing corporate WAN and eliminating legacy voice carrier services. Cost savings resulted from a reduction of infrastructure operating expenses and transitioning to a single platform and support model. Ported existing numbers from disparate carriers to single voice aggregator.
- Increased telephony resiliency, reduced costs in audio/web conferencing and increased functionality in user mobility.
- Deployed to 72 North America and 35 EMEA/LATAM manufacturing and sales locations.
- Utilized global WAN upgrade and cost-optimization project to take advantage of increased WAN bandwidth to direct voice traffic over private network for on-net voice calls.
- Global LAN Hardware Refresh - Refreshed LAN hardware and migrated the monitoring/management of all Confidential global network LAN and WLAN devices to a single vendor (HPE). Inventory was 1,800 switches and 1,000 wireless AP’s.
- Concurrent with the merger of Kraft and Heinz companies, executed multiple global data center consolidations, including application, server, storage, network analysis and migration/closure activities. Strict project plan and timeline adherence was critical to achieving financial savings goals.
- Project-1 included implementation of the batch-driven infrastructure (ETL) to support a vendor-hosted SaaS solution (IBM DemandTec) replacing the Walgreens legacy Promotions and Ad Planning systems.
- Analyzed private network requirements to deliver SaaS solution with minimal impact to WAN services.
- Drove delivery of business requirements (system context, interface catalog, non-functional requirements) to systems architects to develop a detailed design and operational model.
- Delivered AIX-based Dev, Test, UAT, DR and Prod environments to interface with stores, distribution centers, corporate systems and vendors.
- Project-2 was the implementation of a centralized store ordering system (JDA) to improve inventory management.
- Provided on-premise server infrastructure in alignment with the JDA development team.
- Eliminated store-based AS/400 systems to deliver a $150MM benefit by FY2015.
- Project-3 focused Infrastructure Planning for an integrated ERP (SAP) application suite.
- Created sizing estimates of the Prod environment with proportional relationship to other environments. Gathered technical non-functional specifications from the business and SAP to identify infrastructure requirements.
- Developed cost estimate (hardware, software, labor) for the entire core infrastructure.