- Over 10 years of consulting experience in the areas of Product and Project Management, Business and Systems Analysis and Quality Assurance in various industries including Healthcare and Finance on a variety of SaaS, E - Commerce and Data Warehousing applications.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Scrum Master (CSM) with over 7 years of management experience in various industries leading projects from initiation through closure.
- Certified Pragmatic Marketing Product Management Professional and Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) with experience in developing roadmaps and managing product requirements through various stages of the software product life cycle.
- Experienced in leading and driving requirements engineering and management and quality assurance efforts to architect business solutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of database concepts and experience in data analysis, ETL, Informatica, Enterprise Data warehousing, Business Intelligence systems and individual data mart domains.
- Extensive experience in gathering and documenting Business and System Requirements, data integration and conversion, workflows, business process mapping, functional specifications and data mapping.
- Oracle Certified SQL, PL/SQL developer. Strong experience in data manipulation using complex SQL scripts for the retrieval of data from the relational databases.
- Experience working with and managing team of internal and external offshore and 3rd party technical resources performing analysis, design, configuration, development, testing, and deployment activities.
- Extensive knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process, Unified Modeling Language (UML), System Analysis, Design, Development, Testing Methodology and frameworks,
- Experienced with implementation of Manual and Automated Quality Assurance (QA) processes and procedures, defect management systems, comprehensive Systems, Integration and UAT test strategies, plans, test cases, test result analysis, traceability matrix, verification, validation, reporting and metrics.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Agile (scrum), Waterfall and RAD SDLC methodologies
- Ability to develop deep understanding ofmarket and client problems and articulate them into needs, benefits, features and requirements using fact and evidence based approach.
- Possess excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills and ability to work independently and in team environments on a broad spectrum of tasks with changing priorities.
- Ability to elicit, decompose, analyze, synthetize and articulate complex requirements via individual and group discovery discussions and produce output detailed enough to identify and evaluate build options.
Programming: SQL, PL/SQL, C, Java, VB, Python.
Operating Systems: Windows 95,98/NT, 2000,XP, 7, UNIX, Solaris
RDBMS: MS Access, Oracle 7.X, 8.00, 8I, 9I, 10G, 11G, SQL Server 6.5/ 7.0, MySQL, DB2GUI/IDEs/PM tools: MSOffice 2000 - Excel, Work, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, Version One, SharePoint, Rational Suite, DataFlux, MS Visio, TOAD 8.6, SQL Navigator 3.0, SQL developer, JIRA, ServiceNow, Visual Studio, Tableau.
Testing: HP Quality Center, QTP, Rational Test Tools (Rational robot, Test Manager, ClearQuest )
Datawarehousing/ETL: Informatica, Business Objects, Cognos, SAP BW, OBI, Crystal Reports, Hyperion.
Confidential, Allston, MA
Sr. Project Manager
- Managed two data warehousing and other medium sized web development projects successfully driving project plans encompassing multiple work streams and delivery paths to completion leading to greater alumni engagement with HBS.
- Coached team members through the transformation from waterfall to agile, serving as scrum master driving the sprint planning processes, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Performed business analysis responsibilities as needed includingrequirements elicitation, business requirements and data analysis, report and dashboard prototypes, gap analysis, test planning and execution and training material preparation.
- Facilitated decision process, adjudicated conflicts and resolved issues, escalating critical problems to higher management as necessary, ensuring major decisions are in harmony with HBS goals and direction.
- Drove and managed project risks and issues, including identification, analysis, communication, monitoring and control, while increasing the probability of positive events.
- Collaborated closely with product management and data engineering regarding strategic product definition, project schedule, feature scope, commitments, and project-related decisions and helped create refined roadmaps.
- On boarded QA resources to the project providing them project overview, establishing QA best practices from a planning, execution, reporting and template standpoint.
- Helped define and refine product vision, roadmaps, release and sprint plans and created user stories, burn down and velocity charts.
- Helped structure project into releases and sprints through value based prioritization and speed up delivery, iterative improvements and feature enhancements.
- Managed vendor engagement, set priorities, success criteria and provided technical guidance to vendor team to resolve issues.
- Provided project management, prioritization, direction, and leadership to team members in order to accomplish defined project deliverables.
- Tracked project milestones, deliverables, managed changes in project scope and prepared detailed project status reports and presentations.
- Helped establish best practices for business and data analysis documentation including data mapping specifications for extracting data from source systems to the data warehouse housing data across multiple subject areas.
- Planned, created, coordinated and helped launch multiple Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence releases.
- Defined the long-term product vision, established product scope and definition and evolution roadmap based on the business and user needs for a SaaS based benefits management system over several releases.
- Advised Marketing, Sales, Product Management and Contracts senior management on strategies for data transformation and population of the PPACA mandated Summary of Benefits and Coverage(SBC) using heterogeneous unstructured data sources and helped successfully implement such strategies.
- Served as organization-wide Subject Matter Expert on the product and guided Benefits Experts, Product Management, Operations, IT, Sales and Accounts on implementation and regulatory guidelines.
- Successfully led various cross functional workgroups to gather requirements on ACA mandated SBCs and other benefit documents; also served as BCBSMA representative on various CMS/CCIO/HHS calls.
- Authored thorough, detailed, high-quality artifacts for all aspects of the systems including vendor SoW, statement of customer needs, business requirements, technical specifications and test plans.
- Elicited, analyzed, and validated requirements through various techniques (data analysis, process analysis, prototyping, use cases, business rules definition and content and document analysis).
- Created and presented project proposals and project/phase reports to sponsors and senior management.
- Developed comprehensive project management plans accounting for scope, time, cost, quality, human resource, communication, risk, and vendor management.
- Defined and implemented comprehensive systems, integration and UAT test strategies and led weekly defect triage and issue resolution meetings with vendor teams for resolving system integration and data errors.
- Defined and implemented detailed workflow, data and system processing requirements for bug fixes, enhancements across various project work streams and releases.
- Managed and led a team of 8+ BA and QA resources coaching and mentoring as necessary.
- Developed mapping logic specifications from multiple unstructured data sources to accurately populate Summaries of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) across 4000 unique benefit plan designs.
- Architected macro-based MS-excel based SBC coverage calculators saving client $85K in costs
- Provided feedback and counsel to the CTO and CIO on vendor performance and future engagement strategy.
- Led various projects under budget and ahead of schedule and resolved numerous project issues including scheduling, estimation, risk management, staffing, scope creep and divergent business user needs.
- Advised vendor product team on building around minimal viable product requirements, scope definition, UX design, data architecture, end-to-end systems integration and overall delivery roadmaps resulting in over 200% faster application development cycles across multiple work streams.
- Created and prioritize product enhancement backlog and helped vendor product team plan sprints.
- Articulated project goals, scope and strategy, translated business needs into technical terms, prepared detailed work breakdown structures (WBS) and project plans. Budget for this project was approximately $11 million.
- Created cost-benefit analyses, ROI assessments and detailed project phase and activity estimates that were used as basis for decision-making on proposed business and operations implementation projects.
- Elicited, framed and drafted requirement specifications for outbound QRM data extracts files from Confidential data warehouse to the Confidential Data warehouse.
- Developed data mapping specifications and transformation rules for extracting data from Source Systems to the data warehouse housing Loan, Deposits and Mortgage portfolios.
- Profiled business data to identify patterns, trends and establish relationships, determine grain levels and helped develop logical and physical data models and data mapping specifications.
- Led a team of 12 resources and managed all loan and deposit data warehouse quality assurance deliverables on Legal Day One (LD1) Projects at Confidential during their acquisition by Confidential .
- Performed gap analysis, gathered detailed business requirements for enhancing existing systems and workflows and drafted technical specifications through comprehensive data profiling and data analysis.
- Created and executed successful Systems and Integration test strategies for various data transformation. processes that increased defect detection rates by over 300% and helped produce near zero-defect deliveries.
- Identified, investigated and resolved critical data issues with loan and deposit portfolios on behalf of ING.
- Managed delivery and streamlined processes for data deliverables to Confidential data warehouse systems
- Interfaced with development leadership to draft realistic roadmaps and ensured development commitments continually align with roadmap goals.
- Created and mapped successful and error-free automated data feed process to procure, transform and capture Behavioral claims data from Horizon Confidential Cross into Magellan Systems Data Warehouse.
- Developed accurate specifications and transformation rules for pulling data from source systems to various downstream staging and data warehouse layers leading to 50% reduction in overall SDLC cycle time.
- Gathered comprehensive business and system requirements through exhaustive data profiling and analysis of source systems leading to a 40% reduction in the requirements volatility index release over release.
- Conducted comprehensive data analysis across several data staging layers both upstream and downstream to ensure correct business process workflow and transformations of data are accurate.