- About 6+ Years of Strong techno - functional IT professional, experienced playing the dual role of a Certified Scrum Master with a passion for technology by established business objectives that connect great customer experiences. Passionate about process management and improvement.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with clients, Stakeholders, Developers and the management team leading to successful and swift movement of projects.
- Possess a strong understanding of Quality Assurance process definition, system delivery life cycle SDLC, Product Lifecycle Management, QA Methodologies and QA Validations.
- Experience in elicitation techniques like Interviewing, questionnaires, brainstorming & focus groups.
- Knowledge of Business process management BPM, COTS & Change Management.
- Well versed in Business process reengineering techniques and efficiently prepared the documentation related to As-Is GAP and To-Be phases.
- Ability to identify, track and report defects using the Bug Management Tools like Test Director, Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest and Rational Clear Case, HP ALM,JIRA,TFS.
- Requirements Gathering
- Working with several Business Domains
- SDLC Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Project Management
- Project Documentation
- Data Migration
- Business Modeling Tools
- Worked on Reporting Tools
- Business Process Management
- Third Party Vendor Management
- Worked on Application Rationalization
- ITSD tools (Service Now, SDM)
- Operational Dashboards
- Reporting Tools
- Web Technologies
- Operating System
- Microsoft Office Tools
- Microsoft TFS
- End-User Training
- Offshore/Onshore Model
Confidential, Bellevue, Washington
Scrum Master/Agile Coach
- Part of the “scrum of scrums” in which more than 80 people. Directly managing group of 11- Developers -6, QA - 4 Product Owner/ Business analyst -2 for a project on from the scratch development.
- Bi-Weekly Team Sprint report, including: burn-down/ burn-up graphs, velocity, TDD (test driven development) code coverage reports & features test case run reports.
- Worked with the Business analysts on Functional specifications documents, business requirement documents and functional requirement documents.
- Worked on time box the iterations for 500+ web applications, 150+ windows applications, and web services on three different phases of project.
- Establish project deliverables: Record detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and finalize project charter.
- Successfully driven complex transition from Waterfall to Agile methodology (Scrum, Lean/Kanban, SAFe, and DAD frameworks).
- Monitor and control project work: Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Facilitate Scrum process (daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint reviews & retrospectives).
- Develop and Document Software Requirements Specification (SRS) and documented product design utilizing TFS and the UML.
- Provide real-time, accurate project task and issue management through “Visual Studio team server” VSTS/ TFS Cloud based technology.
- Design and implement basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Use Rational Requisite data for managing the requirements. Documented Use Cases and Use Case Models using Rational Rose.
- Interface with developers to identify and resolve technical issues and bugs in the software to validate end-user requirements. Helped in creating of data-mapping best practices document including visual processes and trained team members on data mapping process and tools.
- Perform Data analysis and data manipulation of source data from SQL Server and other data structures to support the business organization.
- Perform UI Design and Analysis; Involved in GUI interfacing and prototyping, System Integration testing and created test cases and test scripts.
- Capture, prioritize, and track work with backlogs and customizable Kanban boards based user story work progress.
- Achieve 25 percent efficiency improvement by identifying and removing impediments to prevent distractions and introducing new time management technique.
- Communicate ongoing vision, goals, and backlog content to the Scrum team members. Help the Scrum team promote clear story writing and concise backlog story grooming.
- Improved release planning practices by facilitated story-mapping, story writing and agile estimation workshops.
- Led sessions to aid co-creation of Definition of Ready, Definition of Done, and Team Values & Working Agreements.
Environment: Agile(Scrum), Kanban, XP, MS Visio, JIRA, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint),MS Project, MS SharePoint, IIS .
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Scrum Master /Agile Coach
- As Scrum Master, introduced Scrum framework & time boxes to the business and newly formed Scrum team. Helped team in writing user stories, worked closely with the Product Owners to manage complex backlog of stories, continually kept sufficient set of stories defined and estimated for Sprints and aided Scrum team in determining suitable commitments.
- Managed multiple projects and responsible for planning the project strategy and work in close coordination of individual PMs of multiple departments.
- Managing the Sprint Planning process by assigning specific user stories to Iterations, sizing the Epics and User Stories, determining and reporting the Velocity of the team using Burndown Charts.
- Conducting Daily Stand-Up meeting, removing impediments and ensuring that the team is on track for delivering the Sprint commitments and meeting all Acceptance Criteria.
- Leading Sprint Retrospective Sessions, documenting Lessons Learned and applying the retrospective knowledge to subsequent sprints with a view to further fine-tune the Sprint planning and execution.
- Facilitated a release planning meeting that translates project vision into a very rough plan that has buy-in from entire team; helped product owners in creating a product vision; creating a release roadmap via story mapping/ process mapping.
- Tracked and communicated team velocity, sprint/release progress, sprint burnt down and other metrics that helped business in release planning. Maximized resource utilization resulting in 40% increase in productivity.
- Setting up Meetings i.e. Kickoff/Close, Estimation, Prioritization and Elaboration meetings.
- Facilitated the identification of resource needs to support the project portfolio, and feed into the overall resource planning process (including BSA, PM, Development, QA).
- Experience in working within a formal corporate PMO, which provided project governance utilizing standard project management methodologies.
- Developed and presented high-level roadmap and project plan in Steering Meetings using Jira and MS Project.
- Coordinated as needed with other internal Project Managers and external vendors for the delivery of components.
- Worked closely with the Business Users to develop requirements, receive sign-off, communicate with development team and enable communication via regular stakeholder meetings.
- Responsible for regular analysis and tracking of budget between the multiple development teams part of multiple vendors.
Environment: Agile(Scrum), Kanban, XP, MS Visio, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint),MS Project, MS SharePoint, IIS, GIT, JIRA, Eclipse.
- Involved in requirements gathering, functional and technical specification of the product in a ScaledAgileEnvironment using "SAFe" methodologies, MS Team foundation server (TFS), & SharePoint.
- Analyzed and developed change requests from the client.
- Managed development and Quality Analyst teams.
- Worked and implemented different agile frameworks including Kanban, scrum and XP.
- Involved in requirement analysis, and design of the module meetings with the developers.
- Implemented Agile light weight approach Crystal in a project with small deliverables and high people collaboration.
- Worked closely with product owners in prioritizing the work and their requirements.
- Involved in Product owner meetings, presentations, and testing and technical documentation.
- In collaborated with the Product Owner(s) on Release & Sprint planning techniques and on backlog creation & grooming; refining stories/cards/task to sprint-ready.
- Worked on sprint deliverables got delivered as to business/ product requirements by using the team’s definition of 'done'.
- Worked on data Integration for the triage tool project with the team and product owner on its specifications.
Environment: Agile(Scrum), Kanban, XP, MS Visio, JIRA, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint),MS Project, MS SharePoint, IIS, Tortoise .