- Experienced Project Manager and Business Analyst in Healthcare, Automotive finance industry, Telecommunication and Construction, Finance / Banking providing documentation including process maps to document current and recommend future organizational workflow and creating a vendor database for tracking and monitoring.
- Utilized Agile and Waterfall project management methodology to manage portfolio of projects. Streamlined software development using SDLC processes.
- PMO responsibilities included management of budget, expenses and shared resources across all projects controlled by the PMO. Specifically, developed and maintained SharePoint dashboards and complex MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Utilized MS Project and Primavera software.
- Managed a portfolio of projects, gathering financial metrics and vendor service level metrics information from business owners and vendors.
- Advanced experience with MS Excel and complex financial reporting with prior experience as an Accountant and Financial Analyst.
- 2 years of IT audit experience that include ensuring companies remained in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Experienced in the areas of vendor management, risk management, contract management, contract redlining and negotiations, internal auditing, business process review and streamlining recommendations, service level agreements, KPIs and analytical skills.
MS SharePoint, Primavera Project Management, Primavera P6, P6 Analytics, OPPM, JIRA, Dolphin Auto Capture, Dolphin Contract Manager, Seal Contract Discovery, MS Office 2016, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Management Reporter, MS Forecaster, Microsoft 365, Crystal Reports, TeamMate, SmartStream, Eclipsys Sunrise Enterprise Registration, Siemens Electronic Document Management, MAS 90, RSA Archer, Aestiva, ACL, Vendor Risk, Remedy, Prolog Converge, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Apps, Quantivate, SmartSheet, Azure, Data Science
IT Project Manager / Business Analyst
Confidential, Long Beach, CA
- Managed up to 9 projects simultaneously for IT Security and coordinated team activities in various departments. Scheduled meetings, set action items and followed up with team members towards timely completion of project tasks.
- IT Security projects management included Cloud Security, Payment Card Industry (PCI), Entitlement Reviews and implementation of software to protect against ransomware.
- Planned, budgeted, monitored and reported on the projects to management using Primavera P6 analytics, JIRA and Primavera Portfolio Management on a weekly and monthly basis. Developed reports for the senior management.
- Completed project deliverables while building relationships and working collaboratively with IT directors and managers to properly resource project work effort and addressed issues to drive increasing levels of project predictability and visibility. Managed expectations of both clients and stakeholders.
- Applied best practices in Agile and Waterfall project management methods to build plans in Microsoft Project and Excel, manage resources in Primavera P6.
- Used knowledge of SDLC framework to monitor and control the project. Processes included, planning, requirements gathering and analysis, documentation, system design, development, testing, deployment, troubleshooting, maintenance, and any other related activities.
- Managed and tracked implementation of New York Cyber Security DFS regulation 23 NYCRR 500 and worked with department VPs and directors to develop of risk assessment process for third party service providers (TPSP) as part of the third - party risk management process (TPRM) and HIPAA Compliance. I defined the project approach to implement the assessment enterprise wide for 12 states using NY as a stand
- Reviewed areas of third party risk for cyber security and developed process flow to implement for third party onboarding including business continuity and disaster recovery review (BC/DR)
- Project Manager/ Scrum master for identity access management using JIRA to be SOX and HIPAA compliant.
Analyst / PMO Support
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Managed a variety of customer and subcontractor issues on the LA-RICS¬ LTE and LMR communications system.
- Communicated directly with MSI Change Management personnel, customer Program Management Office (PMO) personnel, and subcontractor PMO personnel addressing and managing change requests through Google Sheets and Google Drive.
- Investigated change requests against contract terms and assumptions, assessed impact from time and cost perspective.
- Developed responses to formal customer and contractor claims and requested actions
- Lead Change Management Team with project management standards to resolve complex issues such as pricing disputes, change orders, deployment issues, and performance enhancement initiatives.
- Developed an audit tool in order to audit quotes from subcontractors to ensure alignment with MSI requirements.
Automotive Vendor & Contracts Business Analyst
Confidential, Torrance, CA
- Developed process maps to document current and recommend future organizational workflow.
- Major contributor in setup and launch of the Third-Party Risk Management program.
- Evaluated 1200 vendors and created a database for managing and ongoing monitoring process.
- Developed criteria for reviewing Ancillary Products, Collection, Repossession, Forwarding Agencies and system vendors to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with Consumer Finance Protection Board guidelines and prepare for CFPB audit.
- Identified and developed project management methodology, best practices and standards to review compliance, financial, information security and operational risk of existing and new vendors. I used this methodology to develop a risk stratification process and assessment our Tier 1 (critical/high risk) and Tier 2 (medium) third parties.
- Developed metrics, reports, and monitoring mechanisms to ensure that vendors are delivered upon their commitments and interacted with internal and external senior executives in designing, building, and monitoring these reports.
- Evaluated cloud based Vendor Management System, Quantivate, for implementation, made recommendation to management, tested web-based portals and built workflows.
- Process and submit state license renewals in order for AHFC to remain compliant.
Vendor / PMO / Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Provided support to management through data consolidation, data analysis, and management reporting for an 8,000-person wealth management company that manages 1.3 trillion in assets across 22 countries.
- Reviewed, drafted and redlined SOWs including service area metrics and KPIs with business owners.
- Utilized Remedy software to generate metrics and develop actionable recommendations.
- Provided support to research teams or management by collecting and analyzing data and reporting results.
- Held weekly and monthly meetings to review and monitor vendor performance, redline service level agreements (SLA) and negotiate SLA terms, including SLA's for website uptime and reported Customer Satisfaction surveys.
- Ensured vendor compliance with existing Information Technology Group policies.
- Developed SharePoint dashboard to manage budget, expenses and shared resources across all projects administered by the PMO / VMO.
Sr. Vendor Portfolio Analyst/BSA
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
- Conducted and managed the third-party vendor risk assessments as part of the vendor on-boarding process ensuring it has been followed and completed prior to agreement/contract signature. When applicable, I verified the third party’s PCI or SSAE16 type 2 .
- Gathered financial metrics on vendors on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis as designated
- Advised and redlined on applicable contract terms, service level and reporting requirements
- Gathered vendor service level metrics information from business owners and vendors, then utilized this information for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Updated progress reports, analyze and input gathered intelligence and analysis on a daily basis to RSA Archer, the vendor information management system.
- Communicated to business unit relationship owner’s significant vendor events or intelligence.
- Built and maintained a complete and easily followed digital audit trail that evidenced compliance to all applicable rules, regulations and policies.
- Tested Aestiva Purchasing System by logging into the web-portals and mobile application to build workflows, add users and developed manuals for management and general users. I worked with the developer weekly and reported any issues either on the company's side while navigating through the system or problems within the system.
- Developed policies and procedures for Procurement and Vendor Management Office (VMO) and mapped VMO process and connection to other departments.
- Negotiated Master Service Agreements, Letter agreements and professional service contracts up to $5 Million that aligned with Legal and Vendor Management guidelines.
Director of Operations
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Managed and maintain contact with Staff to ensure timely processing of donations.
- Developed structure and materials and communicate these to staff.
- Responded to donor inquiries in a thorough and timely manner.
- Created invoicing process and followed up with clients to collect receivables.
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
- Managed the pre- process for Request for Proposals (RFPs), as well as contract administration support through contract close-out.
- Created and formatted proposal documents in collaboration with Project Manager.
- Maintenance of proposal/contract library and database in Primavera.
- Drafted and redlined contractual clauses. Draft contractual instruments including but not limited to amendments, addendums, statements of work, scope of work, schedules, and exhibits.
- Reviewed and approve changes to construction projects in accordance with contracts (T & M, IDIQ, GMP, FFP) including a $25 million project.
- Research and analyze existing contracts, and make recommendations on various issues.
- Verified vendor insurance and complete contract deviation forms when necessary.
- Improved departmental policies and procedures with Contract Management industry and regulations experience.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Utilized Contract Management principles and experience to scope and translate the customer requirements into a scope document and assist with Client Implementations to work with in-house and customer systems.
- Provided support to clients for Dolphin Auto Capture, Contract Manager and Seal Contract Discovery products.
- Collaborated with management and responded to RFPs and RFIs from potential customers.
- Used SharePoint to configure basic contract management parameters on Dolphin Contract manager.
- Prepared and delivered customer demos of Dolphin Contract Management and Seal Contract Discovery products. Custom tailored demos for client specific needs.
- Evaluated and negotiated pricing for SaaS help desk systems, Wen Help Desk, implemented and built the process for the employees and customers to submit tickets and also trained management on its functions.
Internal Contract / Auditor
Confidential, Duarte, CA
- Wrote audit reports and provided recommendations to the management on how to address areas of non-compliance or high risk areas and followed up monthly to ensure compliance was achieved or risks were mitigated.
- Reviewed sub-s contracts, policies and procedures and terms and conditions to determine if they were current and contained all necessary requirements per the company’s policies and procedures.
- Identified control and process weaknesses in compliance with accreditation agencies such as the Family al Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), federal regulation agencies including the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) circulars A-110 and A-133, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the National Institute of Health (NIH) and provided evidential support for report recommendations.
- Reviewed and made recommendations through IT audits to maintain HIPAA compliance.
- Reviewed consulting, construction and service contracts (Firm Fixed, Cost Plus, Time & Material, Sole Source) to determine compliance with the company’s policy on competitive bids and sole source justification.
- Reviewed system risks and controls in pre and post EMR (Electronic Medical Records) implementation.
- Monitored construction costs including procurements and change orders, compared them to the original contract(s) in the Primavera project management system, identified risks and advised management on internal controls to limit future costs.
- Maintained effective communications and relationships with management. Worked with management to establish a system which ensures that all major risks of the business are identified and analyzed, on an annual basis.
- Audited large dollar values and high volume paid invoices and worked with the business units’ managers, accounting and audit committee to report weaknesses and irregularities.
- Mapped processes and identified risk and control areas. These process maps were reviewed annually to ensure compliance with company and departmental policies as well as federal and governing agency compliance.
Confidential, Hollywood, CA
- Performed monitoring and analysis of Managed Care contracts and assisted in completion of bids and applications to secure the contracts.
- Prepared and reviewed month-end financial reports, constructed financial statements, provided variance analysis, analyzed financial models and presented results and options to senior management.
- Saved time with the introduction of contracts scanning procedure for all company contracts.
- Eliminated duplicate revenue from a major source and resolved GL discrepancy.
- Created Financial Model that resulted in discovery of missing $1.2 million from GL.
- Researched and reconciled financial irregularities using MS Management Reporter and MAS 90 and provided analysis to develop insightful financial reporting.
- Utilized financial data to forecast Managed Care budget with MS Excel and MS Forecaster.
- Prepared and entered month-end accounting invoices for Managed Care.