- Professional with over 8 years of experience in IT and Resource Management, Operations, Planning, Financial, Client Services, Project/Program/Portfolio Management, Logistics, Staffing, Contract Negotiation and IT Security.
- Blended experience with Application Development, Maintenance and Infrastructure management.
- Problem solver and process improvement specialist for many civilian and military environments.
- Experienced with Agile and Waterfall projects in a variety of industries.
- Performance - driven professional, offering solid foundations and exemplary leadership in coordinating seamless project plans that facilitate continuous process improvement.
- Sets and manages clear expectations, communicates and builds strong relationships with vendors, stakeholders, customers and top management.
- Truthful manager that lays out problems and solutions and will never be a "Yes Man".
- Strong manager that has a big picture mindset but also gets in the weeds to manage the project better.
- Recognized as exceptional troubleshooter, conflict manager and people motivator.
- Analytical, detailed, great communicator and think on your feet manager.
- Every team needs this manager's talent.Strategic Planning and Implementation
Supply Chain Life Cycle
Cost Optimization and Budget Control
Process Improvement and Quality Improvement Plans
Agile and Waterfall Environments
Project/Program Management and Operations
Defect and Quality Management
Ticket/User Story/Epic Management
Expense Management and Reconciliation
Synergy Builder within Teams
Cost Estimation/Forecasting and Budget Control
Information and Cyber Security Project Management
BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Microsoft Office, Office 365, Project, Publisher, SharePoint Designer 2010, Visio, Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, Word, InfoPath, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Deltek, Oracle Primavera 6, PeopleSoft, Workday, Rally Dev, Clarity, JIRA, Visual Basic 6, Active X Controls, SQL Server 2012, ICRS, STIG Viewer, Smartsheet, Jabber, Confluence, HP Project and Portfolio Management (HP PPM), AWS Storage Gateway, AWS Elastic Load Balancing, AWS Simple Storage Service (S3), AWS Multi-availability Zone (MAZ)
- Over 8 years have been managing projects from a strategic level determining whether projects were feasible or not for military and civilian environments.
- Managed business cases for future projects to be funded.
- Collected all documentation to prioritize future projects.
- Created board to have projects prioritized properly.
- Created relationships with Product Owners to have critical projects added to roadmaps.
- Prioritized projects along with business strategy.
- Built and managed roadmaps after meeting with SMEs to gather information to assist with prioritization.
- Managed Book of Work Control Files, Project Plans, Issues and Defects Logs, Delivery Plans, Testing Plans, WBS, Application Interface Design (AID), HLDs and Maintenance Windows Plans.
- Extremely strong in process improvement, negotiations, risk and gap analysis.
- Advertised new procedures for future projects and where to collect documentation.
- Maintained SharePoint site with details on all projects and their statuses.
- Worked in a Waterfall environment where documentation is mandated and extremely important while also familiar with Agile environments and how critical communication and bonding is important in project teams. Over 8+ years of experience with Agile and Waterfall projects. Extremely familiar with advantages and disadvantages of both. Versatile with management of Application Development and Infrastructure projects.
- Over 8+ years of project, program and portfolio management with a variety of projects and industries.
- Outstanding professional experience in HR, Budget Management, Logistics, Facilities and IT Security and IT that will benefit and allow success in any project. Planned business resources, requirements, schedules, presentation material and other project related items.
- Greatly enjoy managing epics and user stories for projects currently in progress. Also very detailed with ticket management for any project, usually find duplicates within ticket queue. Collected and researched requirements documents for deliverables and items that have been de-scoped. Uploaded requirements documents into project tools. Implemented new business processes performing Six Sigma practices for over 8 years Confidential many civilian and military commands.
- Employed strong multitasking and troubleshooting abilities involving planning, goal setting, personnel recruitment and staffing, and work delegation that contributed to performance productivity and profitability.
- Managed DoD Cyber Security paperwork to satisfy security requirements. Familiar with NIST 800-53 and NIST 800-34 publications. Always ready to work with Cyber Security to ensure paperwork and security guidelines are adhered to. Worked with Cyber Team after scans were performed to have vulnerabilities resolved. Utilized STIG Viewer software to manage STIGs and IAVAs. Slightly familiar with SIEM and Digital Forensics software from school projects.
- Over 8+ years in classified military environments which have allowed me to become with strong Information Security and Facilities Security practices. Classified environments were Top Secret and above so security information was extremely critical.
- Strategically planned several government project budgets totaling $500 million.
- Meticulously monitored travel, compensation, benefits, operation and any other expenses. Reconciled with budgets for many military commands and civilian companies.
- Over 8+ years of improving budget and financial management procedures. and monitoring budgets for various industries civilian and military.
- Effectively negotiated with suppliers and vendors to reduce fees and monthly charges on invoices which resulted in saving the company thousands of dollars. Strong management and reconciliation in actual budgets versus planned budgets. Managed civilian and government contracts. Average budget managed per year is $15 million.
- Over 8 years of HR Management. Managed full human resources responsibilities, including maintaining HR databases, identifying issues for all reservists of all military branches, processing retirements, and resolving payroll and paperwork issues with several military commands while synching databases to assure alignment of all information. Training management for over 8 years which has encompassed negotiating for Training Budgets, ensuring employees have complete mandatory and optional training. Project Management work and Documentation of manager or supervisory training certification.
- Serves as the liaison between contractor personnel and the appropriate federal or Air Force or Navy security manager concerning all security clearance actions. Familiar with JPAS and have been an account holder in JPAS to verify service members clearances. Have previously worked in several SSOs. Planned security requirements for employees and facilities and also included segregation of duties and authority approvals.
- With today's global workforce, could bring processes to companies to vet their global partners and employees for better control of information to alleviate problems in the future.
- Over 8 years of improving processes within HR for better management. Improved HR processes for over 8 years because of identifying risks and gaps.
- Managed resource planning and scheduling for over 8 years.
- Excellent relationship builder with all stakeholders on projects.
- Keen ability to uncover new and unplanned stakeholders due to relationship building.
- Excellent Confidential maintaining detailed and strong communication with all stakeholders which alleviates future problems.
- Outstanding Account Manager, resolves all problems for clients, project staff, upper level management and suppliers.
- Expert Confidential troubleshooting any issue as well being a conflict resolution expert.
- Managed the Supply Chain Life Cycle which included purchasing, shipping, repairing, tracking, payment, and reconciliation.
- Over 8+ years of experienced with delivery receipts, invoices, Bill of Ladings and Purchase Orders.
- Asset Manager for $700 million dollars of military equipment, including weapons, ammunition, airplanes, and facilities.
- Asset Manager for all hardware and software for several IT projects totaling approximately $20 million.
- Over 8+ years in inventory and asset management of millions of dollars of equipment for civilian companies and military commands.
- Maintained compliance with all safety, OSHA, and standard policies and regulations for transporting hazardous materials.
- Experienced with U.S. Customs procedures and export procedures within military and civilian environments.
- Managed IT asset inventory. Managed product keys, seat count, costs, quotes, contracts, expiration dates and all other information for software licensing. Managed EOL support on hardware and software. Realized that expiring hardware was not budgeted for so a process was implemented to rectify this.
- Managed hardware procurement, maintenance, contracts and EOL.
- Managed IT projects generated from upgrading hardware or migrating to different hardware. Careful planning is involved with failing hardware or EOL vendor support on hardware.
- Project and Program Management experience
Confidential, Southern Raleigh, NC
- Program Manager on a PMO team for a large enterprise Agile project developing a new product for market.
- Multiple releases simultaneously with over 50+ application teams involved.
- Projects were a blend of agile and waterfall.
- Negotiated with and advertised to Application Teams to own user stories in CA Rally.
- Developed Delivery Plan for extremely large enterprise project.
- Majority of time was spent on advertising and getting buy-in to populate Delivery Plan from Application Teams.
Confidential, Fort Bragg, NC
- Managed a team of eight employees consisting of DBAs, Help Desk, System Administrators and Programmers.
- Project team was small and had limited resources.
- Application was written in Visual Basic 6, Java and old .NET versions.
- Project was an HR application that performs pay and HR transactions for the Confidential .
- Daily negotiated with all stakeholders on project items.
- Realized the gap in communication with the IT Department, Cyber Security and my Program so I bridged the gap by attending meetings and becoming aware of their requirements pertaining to my program. Managed DoD Cyber Security paperwork to satisfy security requirements.
- Familiar with NIST 800-53 publications.
- Always ready to work with Cyber Security to ensure paperwork and security guidelines are adhered to.
- Worked with Cyber Team after scans were performed to have vulnerabilities resolved.
- Migrated to Windows Server 2012R2 and began process of migrating from SQL Server 2000 up to SQL Server 2012. Served as Tester in End to End Testing.
- Instrumental in DBA's performing traces to determine backend calls due to there being no Requirements Document to work from.
Confidential, Camp Lejeune, NC
- Served as Contracts Manager for government contracts.
- Wrote generic SOWs and gathered all contract requirement documentation to submit for contract approval.
- Validated hardware and software requirements for the Confidential ensuring government money was not being wasted procuring items that are no longer needed.
- Worked with ICRS site daily uploading JELA inventory from various subordinate commands.
- Coordinated with end-user to ensure they are planning for their End of Life and End of Service Life hardware.
- Improved processes utilizing Six Sigma methods and saved the government money and time.
- Served as Training Officer for 110 employees.
- Assisted Operations Manager in troubleshooting problem. Implemented a process to coordinate with Budget Coordinator by providing quotes on hardware that cannot be maintained because of EOL and EOSL dates which will allowed for a placeholder in the future budget.
- This allowed the Budget Coordinator to better manager future year budgets.