To obtain a rewarding position in a stable professional company.
IT Engineer and Project Manager with proven expertise building and managing “current - to-future Network”, Data Center and Server Farm infrastructure Migrations. Expert in designing, building, and managing the upgrades while migrating the network traffic over the temporary cross-over DIST Links. Installed and managed complex projects, planed, scheduled and executed projects for enterprise and campus networks, infrastructure, storage, server and IT appliances. Responsible for IP-Space Design for networks with tens of thousands of switch ports. Expert in Network Traffic Analysis including migration phase traffic optimization and monitoring. Working in a high-uptime Hospital HIPPA environment, designed and conducted non-disruptive cutovers for network upgrades. On call 24 x 7 for production issues. Demonstrated ability to lift heavy equipment, climb ladders, and reach to install computer wiring and perform other tasks. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work with changing priorities and with multiple projects. Ability to be precise and attentive to detail. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Ability to work weekend and off-hour work when needed. Experience in a high volume, 24x7 production environment. Able to troubleshoot complex LAN, WAN, and wireless issues. Created Bill of Materials. Created Wireless survey reports.
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
Network/ Infrastructure Engineer - IT Project Manager
- 19 years managing construction, upgrade, renovation projects involving the build-out of Data Center Facilities, Distribution Rooms, and MDF-IDF closets. Including, routers, switches, UCS, VoIP, LAN-WAN infrastructure, Cross-connect Fiber Ties for Campus Buildings, Data Centers, and Server Farms, Structured Copper cabling, Structured Fiber Multi- and Single Mode. Dark Fiber design, install, testing. Conducted pre-design
- Ability surveys of buildings for communication closets. Using CAD or Visio drafted facility layouts for MDF and IDF and vertical designs of Racks and Cabinets with Network Equipment and termination panels.
- Also designed Electrical Circuits and Outlets with their location on the drawings. Proposed Air Conditioners proportional to the size of Closets and amount of heat producing Equipment. Designed UPS and PDU Equipment. Designed Flame Retardant Telcom Backbones, fire rated, fire protection for MDF-IDF Rooms per ANSI and EIA standards. Designed overhead runways for distribution cabling.
- Implemented medium to large-scale computer networks projects. Supported multiple projects having to do with network upgrades and modernization. Experienced as a Project Manager for Cisco and other Computer Networks and their Facilities. Working with Infrastructure team on Network upgrade/migration projects, Data Center and Server Farm Operations, Campus LAN and WAN. Have 18 years of PM experience, with Infrastructure focus in High Uptime Environment, available 24x7 to resolve the WAN and Network Incidents. Proposed and implemented custom cutover techniques to assure a non-disrupive user migration to the modern Cisco Switches.
- Redundancy design and implementation: using WAN Circuits, Dark Fiber, DWDM Fiber Optics Rings; Multiple Diverse ISP Provider WAN Links including 1GB/s.
- Cross-over Links: Network Traffic between Data Centers, Server Farms, Server Clusters, Remote Sites, Campus Buildings, Multiple Campuses, Cross-over temporary connections between networks being built and networks being replaced. Conducted inventories: Incoming, Outgoing, Spare Parts. Prepared Budgets: Full Network Replacement, Incremental Upgrades, Moves, Ads, and Changes. Wrote Change Control Procedures for Internal IT groups and Vendors.
- Designed and managed cable plants from MDF to Data Center and Server Farms, including copper and Fiber patch Cords and Jumpers, including cabling for Cisco Catalyst and NEXUS switches, Fiber Channel MDS Switches, 10 and 40 Gb/sec Core and Distribution Routers.
- Designed and negotiated with Providers Dark Fiber Ring Backbones. Implemented Patch Cords and Jumpers, Documented Fiber Plants in plotter size drawings (electrical engineering style) using Visio and Excel Spreadsheets. Efficient with engineering drafting and tabular documentation.
- Supervised installation, tested for production, interconnected with Network Equipment, supervised outsourced Cisco CCIE Team configuring the network protocols and traffic interfaces. Reported progress weekly to the CTO and the Managers of the Server Farm Systems.
- Implemented Network upgrades for VoIP, Telephony Implementation;
- Designed and Implemented upgrades of LAN's for latest WAP implementation.
- Designed Network FW-DMZ Layer to route the internal Wireless AP traffic via the Firewalls to the Controllers.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Supported Networking on trading floor. Administered Servers, Printers.
- Provided Cabling, Connectivity, and Troubleshooting of various networking emergencies.
Confidential, Pharmaceutical, NY
Novell Server Admin
- Supported Networking, Administered Servers, Printers. Provided Cabling, Connectivity, and Troubleshooting of various networking emergencies.
- ATM, Ethernet, Nexus, UCS, DWDM, Dark Fiber, Data Center, Server FarmSecurity Layer with FW, DMZ, Load Balancing F5, UNTR, ISP.
- Cisco and Aruba Wireless Controllers and AP Plants.
- DWDM Fiber Optics, Dark Fiber.
- Core switches and routers, Distribution and Aggregation Layers.
- SF-Switches, VM Connectivity, Hyper-V, Virtual Workstation IP Design.
- WAN Connectivity via FW's. Designed and maintained IP addressing environment for multiple Data Centers, Server Farms with capacity of thousand servers, Hear Beat Networks, Back-up Networks, VM Trunking, Virtual Desktop, TV-NetworksWAN TECHNOLOGIES:
- MPLS, Frame Relay, T1, T3, OC3, OC12, DSL, SIPNumerous Remote Sites supported by WAN Circuits.
- Design, Installation, Maintenance, Traffic Monitoring using Concord Traffic charts, Optimization of traffic in remote sites. Surveyed and Designed Facility of Remotes Sites, Server Farms, and Data Centers. Drafted detailed floor plans, determined locations of racks and cabinets, made vertical designs of racks with details of switches and routers connections to network, electrical circuitry, and designed trunking between the equipment and to the main network. Supervised replacement of the equipment during upgrades, coordinated conference calls with local and Vendor teams and remote CCIE’s, coordinated with Communications Department for Provider Circuits and Telephony Networking, performed the as-build detailed documentation showing specific details of Networking, Electrical, Telephony, Cooling, Racks and Room Facilities.
- Cisco ASR, NEXUS, Catalyst Switches, Cisco UCS
- Dell and HP High Density Server Racks;
- Security Hardware: Cisco Firewalls, Load Balancers F5.
- Hardware troubleshooting on devices from Vendors Cisco, Juniper, Dell, HP, VM, Hyper-V, Aruba Mobility Controllers and wireless Access Points, Cisco wireless Controllers and Access Points, DAS Distributed Antenna System, WMTS.
- Created designs for new installation and Network Upgrades, maintained switching and routing infrastructure. Supported virtual environments running VM-Ware, Hyper-V, and Citrix.
- Responded to escalated incidents in a timely and efficient manner. Provided advisory support to Server Support, Computer Operations, and Communication departments.
- Managed and monitored Network Traffic, Designed and implemented Dark Fiber Facilities. Surveys and re-design of Network Closets, Data Center Rooms: performed detailed drawings and descriptions. Network Wiring Plant: Survey, Design, Documentation, Diagramming.
- Fiber Plant Survey, re-design, estimate new facilities, and prepare RFP's.
- WAN Wiring Plant: Supervised Vendor Tech's and documented installations.
- Receive and evaluate Vendor Proposals, provide opinions to the CTO.
- Troubleshooting techniques: Equipment, Wiring, and Traffic.
- Wrote Procedures: for Network Services group, for Computer Operations, For Vendors.
- Vendor Management: Verizon, Unisys, Optimum, Infocrossing, AllScripts, LightPath, Lightower.
- Served as a Primary and Escalation Contact for WAN/ISP Circuit Providers.
- Disaster Recovery Site Connectivity and Testing.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and very strong Visio.
- Responsible for maintaining Data Base of all WAN LAN Subnets and connections.
- Proposed and implemented the IP schema for the entire Server Farm and Data Center.
- Also designed a system of RMAC documentation, implemented in all cross-functional teams for record keeping and Sharepoint documentation of all Servers Names, their IP and Switch port information, and reflecting the Cluster Design.
- This system is used by the entire MIS organization to Move/Add/Change thousands of Server, Storage, Blade Centers and other devices in coordination with Change Control.
- Maintained IP Schema for FW/Security Networks, including the Public IP addressing and Zone Files.
- Monitored and advised on optimization of network traffic between the geographically dispersed Data Centers, on CORE and DIST Switches, on Backup Connections in Server Farm, between the servers in a Clustered environment.
- Detected Traffic Storms on the Server Farm and determined the miss-configured servers that caused it, specifically server configurations causing storm behavior on VM Trunks.
- Proactively managed Network Traffic via the DMZ, UNTR, switches to ISP Routers and FW's, and to Wireless Controllers using CONCORD and other traffic monitoring applications.
- My portfolio of concurrently managed projects, working with internal and vendor teams,
- Implementing IP Telephony at all Remote Sites that received the Network and Electrical Upgrades;
- Maintaining Inventories of UCS devices arriving for the New Network.
- Installing and Configuring NEXUS Switches for New Network Core, Distribution and Aggregation Layer
- Wiring up the Ethernet and FC parts of the new Server Farm Equipment;
- Installing and wiring new High Density Server Racks;
- Installing and setting up new Dell Blade Centers;
- Removal and Inventory of network switches being upgraded on SF and CORE;
- Replacement and re-wiring of LAN Switches being upgraded in 2 out of 10 Campus Buildings;
- Re-wiring of legacy networks in 2 locations;
- Installing jumpers on new dark Fiber Network and testing it for production;
- Testing existing Dark Fiber to resolve complaints from Storage group related to FC Traffic to MDS Servers; Continuous resolution of Network related incidents and tickets;
- Continuous flow of Move/Add/change Tickets on Server Farm, local Networks, and WAN.
- Continuous involvement with FW/Security on DMZ-FW-ISP Layer Networks;
- Designed LAN's to include Static, dynamic, and management Vlans, including Video Camera Equipment, Video DVD Recorders and directing their traffic to Video Servers. Also including the Medical Grade Modalities.