- Own and lead Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project life cycle methodologies including traditional Waterfall model as well as Agile across the span of various projects; Solid understanding of the implementation ofProjectManagement Life Cycle (PMLC) methodology for both new Software Development and existing / maintenance projects; understanding of large IT operating environments, Infrastructure, Release Management, UC/UI creative design, Networks, Data Centers, Office 365, Change Control, Desktop Support, Service Desks, and PMBOK
- Maintain oversight of budgeting ($1 - 10M) approval for team members’ time, continued, and ancillary financial needs; process a strong and deep understanding of Agile/Scrum through hands on experience in leading and motivating independent teams of 10-30 members, and implement incentive programs that allow employees to maximize the strength and commit as a team
- Expertise in strategic planning and partnership with Business vendors and IT solution management in managing scope changes in Healthcare, Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM), and in eCommerce;Create and maintain roadmap and architecture, technology evaluations, recommendations for Customer's Current business and future strategy of dynamic environment
- Sought after for strong expertise in team building, effective communication, andbuilding strong relationships and trust with all levels within the company; Proven ability to quickly gain high understanding of business and technical domains, influence and drive cross-functional teams in delivering complex technology and infrastructureprojects in both traditional and agile based project environments 80% of the time on time and under budget; Experienced in Lean: maximize value and minimize steps and waste, and keeping teams inspired and motivated through process driven Agile Transformation building a culture of continuous improvement and continuous delivery (CICD)
ENVIRONMENT: S: Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, sAFE, Big Data, Hadoop, Java, C#, Python, Sofea, Mule, Jenkins, GitHub, WebSphere, Jenkins, GitHub, PowerBuilder, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, MSPS, Rally, TFS, JIRA, Confluence, ESM, Service Now (SNOW), Hyperion, MapR, TAC, Talend, MVPiller, Unix, Linux, Teradata, Informatica, Oracle SQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle 8x/9i,, Citrix, Siebel, Workday, MMIS, TCMIS, DupeFax, AutoFax, Alpha, TMWBusiness Objects, Quality Center, ALM, Control-M, Snagit, SnipIT, UltraEdit, XIR3, X12, Flat Files, UML, Documentum 2.0., EDI, Claims and Billing, Omega Data, PeopleSoft 89-92, Navison, Datalink, Infor SunSystems, ERP, SAP (HR & Finance), ADP Systems, EMR, IDX, MS Office (Visio, Project, SharePoint, OneNote, FrontPage, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
Confidential, New York, NY
Director / Program Manager
- Oversee and operate concurrent stream, process roadmap, business analysis, software design, technical development and release of new capabilities in constant iterations (2 weeks) in Agile environment; Administer the scope changes and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for application auto pilot which now saves front end users’ time and saved ~$6M annually
- Liaise between business and IT groups to elicit, analyze, define key metrics, and manage completing projects and priorities; develop, lead, and mentor11 high performing and highly engaged Scrum Masters and Agile Team Facilitators; Created incentive program which increased on-time delivery
- Guide staff and stakeholders in enacting Agile and Scrum framework, and coach teams in choosing to be a Scrum or a Kanban Team depending on whether it is a data warehouse, infrastructure, or an application development project to ensure the best quality of delivery
- Develop, manage, and archive objectives of $10M annual budget for IT consulting and other services; Annually reduced consulting costs by $1.2M by managing company-wide cost-reduction initiatives, including optimizing expenditures to enhance internal application development and support capabilities
- Effectively manage both on-shore and off-shore employees; available 24x7 as an escalation point for related technologies as necessary; Provide input on planning and managing changes to the scope of a Sprint, provide feedback and solutions in ambiguous environments ondependencies, roadblocks, and new ideas
- Develop and maintain relationships with sources and vendors like Medicare Centers and Medicaid Services (CMS), PeopleSoft, Omega Data, Baby Blocks, and Provider Demographics using DMS Source Status Dashboard
- Designed and developed templates for vendor management
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Managed initiatives related to product management and product delivery.
- Oversaw release planning, release execution, as well as product design and requirements to promote and support the company’s overall product strategies and vision.
- Managed strategic initiatives and transition projects related to company acquisition. Managed, tracked, and reviewedsimultaneous and multiple large project deliverables, and lead all Agile ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Review, and Retrospective.
- Coached and developed of teams (up to 20 members) and fellow Scrum Masters’ in using well versed Agile Facilitation and Practices; identified and resolved conflicts within the project team regarding claims issues.
- Established processes, tracked Metrics, share best practices, and practice Team Chartering; Facilitated the Daily stand up (Daily Scrum) meeting, removed team roadblocks, and acted as the product owner when needed to have the Product Backlog prioritized in Agile Tool (Rally)
- Developed and monitored resource, contingency, and project plans, project charter and project status, and proposed recommendations and streamlined process flows for Big Data; provide structure around design and implementation of infrastructure and both new and existing data warehouse using Big Data
- Planned and arranged meetings with clients to formulate project management strategy and mitigate any risks associated with deployment of subsequent releases and builds into production environment
- Managed MSPS (MS Project) for project planning, scheduling, and tracking project progress regularly in order to report weekly status to upper management and (Project Management Office) PMO
- Implemented a PMO/ATO which focused on conversion from Waterfall to Agile project management standards, guidelines and methodologies; tracking projects ROI; Risk Management plans; Projects Status communication standards; and development of KPI; Protected the team from over commitment, establishing processes for development team and QA resources; keep track of evaluations in Workday
- Led the creation and execution of specific IT strategic initiatives; such as company’s mobile strategy, software development standards and guidelines, domestic and international network, old technology retirement, alliance/relationship and creation of master contracts with key external vendors
- Oversaw a $1M Contract Management System (CMS) project that revitalized the enterprise-wide business process for contacting clients and obtaining signed contracts that could be stored in a central repository
- Created Lean process by removing waste, minimizing steps, leading and keeping teams inspired and motivated through process driven Agile Transformation building culture of moving away from the Waterfall mindset
- Created issue logs, project templates and work breakdown structures (WBS); Worked on Inbound/Outbound Interfaces and Extensions involving HIPPA 837 and proprietary format files and reports development for patient eligibility and enrollment to Medicaid and Medicare
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Project / Program Manager
- Planned and scheduled project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools; and tracked project milestones and deliverables, including identifying and managing project dependencies and critical path.
- Tracked and communicated team velocity and sprint / release progress using Agile Tool (JIRA); Oversaw sprint planning, demo, and retrospectives; Prepared meeting agenda, collected weekly status, organized and ran meetings to discuss outstanding issues with assigned teams, and created minutes of meeting (MOM); Controlled questioners and requirement gathering from stakeholders through interviews and meetings
- Conducted interviews, meetings, and running JAD sessions during the process of requirements gathering to identify the business flows and determine whether any current or proposed systems are impacted by the EDI X12 Transaction, Code set and Identifier aspects of HIPAA, oversaw the transformation of current and historical data into useful format for analysis and reporting for maintaining data history, improve data quality, and integrate data from multiple source systems
- Managed a claim processing system for the healthcare management client system which allowed the user to inexpensively capture information regarding patient, summary of medical history, symptoms (ICD-9 and 10 codes), and treatment (CPT codes)
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior Project Manager
- Defined product requirements and managed team of up to 15 developers to bring clinical and financial healthcare product to market.
- Assisted PMO Leadership Team with the coordination and administration of the Project Management Office, involved in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Administer User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for ecommerce transactions for TD Bank; Coordinated with the PMO to guarantee of tasks based on CMMI and PMI guidelines
- Performed SME reviews, proofread documents for technical writing reviews, and signed off on production requests; Controlled project scope and schedule to ensure timeliness of deliverables using Control-M; Facilitated JAD sessions, sent out meeting agenda and minutes, and presentation slides in MS SharePoint
- Worked closely with customers to translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications for software development team.
- Defined project requirements utilizing UML analysis and design.
- Focused on delivering projects on-time and on-budget with tight management of project scope, schedules, and resource allocation.
- Developed and maintain sales reporting using in MS Excel queries, SQL in Teradata, and MS Access; Functioned as the primary liaison between the Business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the Project Cycle relating to Well Care, Medicare, Medicaid, and other various health insurances;