- 13+ years of IT Healthcare and 10+ years of Project Management using PMI methodology. Expertly manages project plans, resources, communication, budgets, and timelines.
- Specialty: Windows deployments/migrations. Managed over 30 EPIC practice full lifecycle. Strong and recent experience in the development of all Epic Hardware Standards for the Health System rollout to the hospitals in the network. Determined network and infrastructure needs to support Epic rollout (cabling, switches, WAPs, servers, desktops, printers, etc.). Managed multiple application projects for printer build, Ambulatory, HIM, OpTime, ASAP modules.
- Budget Management: Managed large IT initiatives with teams of up to 30 ppl and budgets from $5M to $25M
- Methodologies: 10+ years Waterfall and SDLC, 2+ years Agile with Scrum.
- Develop project plan and resourcing plan for new Emergency Department.
- Responsible for procuring and deploying hardware (desktops, printers, ancillary monitors, telephones, arm band printers, WOW’s, etc.)
- Led TDR for new Emergency Department
- Run operation command center and logistics for EMR go - live
- Also PM’d the Epic Ancillary Application teams (ASAP, BEAKER, CUPID, RADIANT)
- Ran EPIC project meetings with the teams and helped triage ServiceNow ticket queues
- Developed and implemented the project plan and execution for new clients that acquired our pharmacy inventory application and hardware using Agile methodologies.
- Planned and directed schedules as well as project budgets.
- Provided a single point of contact for projects to internal resources and external clients.
- Monitored the product/ project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customer on technical and non-technical matters.
- Assessed project issues and risks. Developed resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals.
- Managed the integration of vendor tasks, and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
IT Project Manager
- Develop site migration, deployment plan and testing plan.
- Lead Windows OS migration from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10
- Lead issues list and resolution and troubleshooting teams
- Lead technology deployment for EMR go-live to 3 hospitals, 30+ acute sites.
- Lead technical testing for EMR go-live, managing technical and testing resources
- Run operation command center and logistics for EMR go-live
Telehealth Project Manager
- Remote Patient Monitoring: Deals with monitoring patients outside of a skilled facility like a hospital, ambulatory care center but instead from home.
- Implementation of the new software and configure it for the RN's clinical navigators that will triage the home care patients.
- Configure and Deploy hardware peripherals that go to the patients home i.e. (weight scaled, blood pressure monitors, sp02 monitors).
- Manage the inventory of devices in the field in the application. Ensure proper set of equipment assigned to proper patient.
- TeleSitting: Deals with the removal of 1:1 observers in each patient room that requires it and replaces it with video monitoring.
- Configure patient observation rooms with video equipment
- Configure observation rooms with the monitoring equipment
- Manage training for the new monitoring system and develop operational procedures.
Epic Infrastructure Project Manager
- Ensure that technical requirements and tasks are understood, clearly communicated, and executed on time
- Developed, project plan, schedule, and managed resource allocation
- Participate in core project leadership discussions and decisions
- Acting as a liaison between the technical team and the application team
- Coordinating hardware and software for your Epic infrastructure including servers, network, storage, backup, operating systems, virtualization platforms, and desktop devices.
- Plan and Coordinate Epic Technical Dress Rehearsal which is the testing of workstations, printers and Epic Build.
- Ran the testing command center, reported issues and routed to proper resource to resolve.
- Developed the detailed Cutover Plan
- Worked with All Epic Apps, Epic Infrastructure, Operations and leadership to walk through and add tasks to the plan step by step.
- Held multiple Cutover Practice Session to validate the plan and identify any gaps in missing steps, timing issues or resource constraints.
- Ran Command center during Cutover (Go-Live) and worked the detailed plan.
- Track technical integration issues and coordinating issue resolution
- Ensuring that the systems teams provides routine system monitoring and that issues are mitigated
- Leading infrastructure capacity planning and monitoring activities
- Assessing Cache; and third party licenses as needed and/or facilitating discussions with existing license owners
IT Project Manager
- Developed project plan, cutover plan, and managed resources
- Held vendor demos for perspective POS systems.
- Finalized proper documentation required to help leadership make vendor decision.
- Executed deployment and upgrades with 2 dedicated resources.
- Upgraded all Windows OS from Windows XP to Windows 7.
- Provided status and risk updates to Leadership on a weekly basis.
Epic Technical Project Manager
- Developed and implemented the hardware deployment and the technical dress rehearsal project plans for Epic Inpatient modules.
- Gathered requirements and analyzed the data for the technical team (including end user systems, servers, training rooms and environments).
- Coordinated with training team requirements for each training room.
- Overall budget was $10M+ and was responsible for $5M to order and deploy hardware and manage all hardware and application resources.
- Managed and coordinated the TDR, Technical Dress Rehearsal with the applications teams and hardware deployment teams.
- Manage the selection, deployment and upgrades of End User Devices in coordination with clinicians, IT and Facilities
- Reported weekly on project status and risks throughout various committee meetings.
- Manage technical resources assigned to the EPIC implementation for UNIX, Citrix, Cache, Oracle and others as required.
- Managed application resources as requirements were gathered, application was designed, built and deployed.
- Managed implementation or upgrades to network infrastructure at affected locations in coordination with Network Services and Facilities and on budget.
- Developed project plan and teams for execution of imaging and deployment.
- Directed the Technical Leads over the Inpatient roll out of Epic.
Epic Ambulatory Infrastructure Project Manager
- Developed project plans for each project.
- Planned and executed the move of multiple inpatient and outpatient clinical areas to renovated space and or brand new buildings.
- Led PM responsible for communicating with the Construction team, EPIC applications team and clinical teams progress, status reports and risks in weekly meetings facilitated.
- Generated and managed budgets between $100,000 to $25,000,000.
- Focused on all the specific technology related aspects (software, hardware, telephony, infrastructure) of the move to ensure continual high levels of patient care.
- Managed 3rd party and internal resources on the projects.
- Generated and maintained weekly reports and charts from Excel and SharePoint showing status, progress, issues and resolutions.
- Led and collaborated with EPIC team, IT Operations and Facilities to develop an EPIC Hardware Standards Catalog and an Equipment Guideline for Clinical Areas.