- Scrum Master and Business Analyst with 8 years of IT experience delivering high - quality software, on time and budget by effectively facilitating, collaborating, leading and coaching theScrumteam. Successfully implemented Scrum methodology in SAFE environment.
- Well familiar working with various domains Banking, Retail and Healthcare and detail understanding of business requirements.
- Expert in handling all Scrum Ceremonies like Iteration Planning, Daily Stand-up, Iteration demo and retrospective.
- Experience in maintaining Scrum artifacts Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog and Burn down charts.
- Extensive experience in Business Requirements Gathering and writing skills with expertise in developing and documenting Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), and Software Requirement Specification (SRS) across the deliverables of a project.
- Experienced in working with multiple cross-functional teams, dealing with stakeholders in different facets including data analysis and business intelligence.
- Handful experience in team building skills, problem solving skills and decision-making skills.
- Capable to plan, organize, and prioritize projects to meet the project deadlines. Skillful to deal with vendors, SMEs and clients to evaluate third party solutions.
- Experienced in prioritizing backlog items along with product owner, providing transparency over user stories to the development team.
- Proficient in using agile methodologies such as SCRUM & KANBAN frameworks with TDD (Test-Driven Development) and ATDD (Acceptance Test-Driven Development) approaches.
- Great understanding in delivering product successfully using Continuous Development Pipeline CE/CI/CD.
- Experienced in using project management tool JIRA and CONFLUENCE for task assignment, tracking user stories, bug and issues and documentation sharing.
- Capable in creating visualized reports on project progress and individuals progress over the course of the project.
- Excellent skills in using MS Office Suite- EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT, PROJECT, and VISIO. Experienced in presentations to the higher-level management.
- Expert in creating visualized reports using Tableau data visualization tool and providing insights to the higher-level management.
- Experienced in building reports on iteration and team individual’s progress and reported to higher level management.
- Expert in using Scrum and Kanban boards in tracking the User Stories.
- Experience in negotiating scope for sprints, schedule or timelines, and funding with clients/external IT and business partners.
- Skilled in efficiently calculating the team’s velocity matching to the available load.
- Great exposure in identifying and removing risks, impediments of the team members.
- Experienced in assisting the team in implementing SAFe and in their work with other teams not working on SAFe.
- Great dealing with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Extensive hands-on experience in a variety of projects involving the customization, design, development, implementation and testing of automated systems.
- Great listener supported team members in problem identification and decision making.
- Experienced in facilitating backlog refinement meetings adding estimations and details to the user stories.
- Good in motivating team towards achieving the sprint goals and building positivity among the team.
- Good presentation, communication, reporting, and governance skills.
- Excellent skills in converting business requirements into functional requirements, facilitated meetings with stakeholders in gathering requirements.
- Proficient in conducting GAP analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit analysis and ROI Analysis.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, Scrum,SAFe,Kanban.
Business Modeling Tools: Smart Draw, gliffy, Erwin, Balsamiq, MS VISIO.
Requirement Management Tools: JIRA, Rally,Confluence, MS project.
Databases: MYSQL, SQL server(2008,2012) Postgres SQL, Oracle 9i/10g
Languages: XML, HTML, CSS and Java Script.
Operating Systems: Windows OS, Mac OS, LINUX, UNIX.
Documentation Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Interacted with Product Owners and scrum team to define the scope of the project and set the expectations.
- Excellent organizing skills and facilitation skills in Scrum ceremonies which include Daily Scrum meetings, Sprint/Iteration Planning, Sprint Reviews/Team Demos and Sprint/Iteration Retrospectives, and others like Program Increments, Backlog Grooming/Backlog -Refinement, Innovation and Planning Iteration meetings.
- Coordinate with other scrum masters to work in Scaled Agile Framework(SAFe).
- Emphasized the development team to use Kanban board/technics for handling impediments.
- Improved team predictability by tracking team velocity and establishing work in progress (WIP) limits.
- Facilitated collaboration of team from different locations.
- Ensured cross-functional coordination between product owners, analysts, developers and QA occurred early and often, and removed barriers and blockers for the team.
- Empowered the Scrum Team and shield them from outside influences and distractions.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, organize, lead and coach Scrum teams across multiple locations.
- Worked with product owner, technical architects, development managers, quality assurance team to elaborate features and stories for the upcoming Program Increment (PI) in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Provided all the support required to the team by resolving impediments in the team's progress.
- Assisted the product owner in maintaining and prioritizing the Product Backlog.
- Worked with product owner in writing and breaking down User Stories to meet the INVEST criteria and in prioritizing the product backlog using MOSCOW technique.
- Calculated team velocity by incorporating capacity planning into sprint planning sessions.
- Estimated the stories by Planning poker technique using Fibonacci sequence.
- Monitored the development progress throughout each sprint to ensure project was within scope and budget.
- Worked on generating reports for sprints progress, burndown, Burnup, and velocity to the upper management and the team and maintain dashboards.
- Participated in the scrum of scrum meetings with other scrum masters to identify and unblock impediments of team.
Environment: Scrum, Kanban, MS Office, MS Outlook, Confluence, MS Visio, Windows, JIRA.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Interacted with the Scrum Team and Product Owner in analyzing the prioritized features and breaking down into user stories by assigning details and estimations.
- Conducted all the Scrum Ceremonies including Sprint planning meeting, Daily-Standup’s, Sprint Review, and Retrospective.
- Improved team predictability by tracking the team velocity and established work in progress limits.
- Handled bug tracking and issue tracking using project management tool JIRA and handled documentation using CONFLUENCE.
- Worked rigorously with the team in removing impediments, risks and roadblocks.
- Shielded team from outside distractions which helped in achieving the sprint goals.
- Tracked sprint progress using Burn-down chart and reported to the higher-level management, used historical data in planning the future sprints.
- Ensured that the team and product owner have transparency over user stories and scrum artifacts.
- Maintained Sprint backlog and worked along with product owner in prioritizing the product backlog items.
- Ensured daily updating of Scrum Board and JIRA for maintaining the consensus over project’s progress for all the team members and product owner.
- Anticipated issues in the sprint and acted proactively to address potential issues with the product owner.
- Helped team in being proactive and self-organized to complete the set goals for the sprint.
- Developed and maintained a dashboard using MS-EXCEL displaying assets and its allocated budget throughout the locations in NA.
Environment: Windows-10, MS-Office, AGILE, Rally,SQL, POWER POINT, CONFLUENCE, Gliffy, MS-Project.
Business Analyst/ Scrum Master
- Analyzed the scope document and the current business processes to gain better understanding of the project.
- Interviewed Domain Experts asking appropriate questions and carefully documented their requirements thus forming a communication link between the business and technical units.
- Translated Business requirements into functional requirements.
- Conducted GAP Analysis after analyzing AS-IS business process and the TO-BE business process.
- Performed grooming of the product backlog and sprint backlog.
- Involved in resolving impediments that affected the performance of the Scrum Development team.
- Updated the sprint burndown chart and product burndown chart to calculate the velocity of the team during the sprint.
- Assisted product owner in re-prioritizing the product backlog during the sprint review meeting and velocity calculation.
- Ensured that the respective scrum artifacts were visible to the product owner and the team.
- Facilitated Scrum planning meeting for effort estimation and prioritization of user stories using Planning Poker, and Moscow as prioritizing techniques.
- Worked towards research and business analysis for client services and system enhancement by continuously interacting with the business users.
- Used various SQL commands like create, delete, update, left joins, right joins and full joins to update the database and retrieve data for analysis.
- Engaged in task allocation and issue tracking, user story management/ and requirement traceability using JIRA
- Worked with the Project Management Team to track and maintain project plans, budgets, resource usage, forecast and actual, in enterprise tracking system.
- Developed and Delivered daily, weekly and monthly reports using MS Excel and MS Access to gather data, evaluate, create reports,
- Evangelized the benefits of Scrum to ensure its smooth adoption.
Environment: Win-10, SCRUM, Tableau, JIRA, MS-Visual Studio, Rational Rose, MS-Word, PowerPoint, SQL.
- Liaised with business and functional owners during risk engineering and high-level review sessions to derive and execute action plans, meeting deadlines, and standards.
- Performed Requirements Analysis along with the creation of Use Case Scenarios.
- Responsible for understanding client business needs for Consumer Retail/On-line Shopping Experience (Registration, Order Management, Categories/Genre, Products/Bundles, and Policies).
- Knowledge of PCI DSS compliances for credit and debit card authorizations.
- Responsible for Documentation in each phase of the SDLC and followed Agile Methodology with Scrum.
- Successfully conducted JAD sessions to gain important input from various stakeholders.
- Performed GAP Analysis and Impact Analysis for all business requirements and listed positive and negative impacts.
- Collaborated with Solution Architect to find the best solution/path for the requirements.
- Prepared user stories by breaking down the features.
- Followed the UML based methods using gliffy to create Business Flow Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, and Activity Diagrams.
- Used balsamiq to generate wireframe mockups of the web interface
- Walked through the requirements to the team to make the requirements explicit.
- Oversaw the development, testing/QA, and implementation of the technical solution and validated the final product satisfied the defined requirements.
- Validated test cases for QA testing.
- Used SharePoint to access the information on project status, client history and team schedules.
- Tracked stories using JIRA software and maintained all the project related documents and decisions in Confluence.
Environment: Agile, MS Office, MS SharePoint, gliffy, balsamiq, Windows 7, JIRA.
- Initiated requirement gathering sessions and facilitated reviews throughout the project lifecycle.
- Performed requirements analysis, analyzed and documented the system specifications, business requirements and detail design of the business using requirements inventory for the requirement tracking and analysis.
- Developed blueprint and tested the prototype. Designed base template, mockup of graphical user interface, webpage lookup field mockup and the report generation feature ofthe system.
- Assured that all artifacts are in compliance with corporate software development life cycle policies and guidelines.
- Created use case specifications according to the business requirements and designed use case diagrams, sequence diagrams and prepared web page mock ups in microsoftvisio.
- Successful implementation of online transaction processing applications and its associated modules like database testing and validation.
- Documented all the information gathered and developed the policy, procedure and processdocuments.
Environment: Microsoft Visio,Agile, MS Office, Windows xp and 7, JIRA.