- Several years in the Healthcare Industry (Healthcare Providers/Plans, Pharmaceutical and Pharmacy Benefits Management) deploying 3rd party solutions.
- Managed the deployment of Business Service Management Software Solutions based on the ITIL Processes in many industries (automotive, banking, universities, outsourcers, manufacturers, defense/military, healthcare and petroleum) and in foreign countries (Turkey, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates).
- Lead Complex Infrastructure Projects through planning, analysis, design, build, test and deployment phases that included rigorous Architectural Reviews and Unit/System Integration/User Acceptance Testing. Ensured effective reporting to higher management and proper project risk profiling and performance counters
- Lead a Full SDLC Program for a Global Reporting Solution involving BI/DW from initial Analysis through Deployment and subsequent version releases.
- Prepared and delivered ITSM Workshops to gain buy - in from all of the Process Managers and validate initial findings from the analysis phase.
- Experienced in coordinating, negotiating and motivating outside vendors and off-shore resources in support of timeline and IT project deliverables.
- Developed and reviewed with Clients Time and Material Statements of Work and assisted Pre-Sales Resources with Rough Order of Magnitude estimates.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP / PMI) with a proven ability to work with cross-functional project teams to provide support for engagement and architectural direction.
- Certified ITIL Service Manager (ITSM) with excellent skills and experience in assisting Clients to implement ITIL processes.
Used the following software: Atlassian JIRA, CA Clarity and Rally, MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Access, SharePoint, Word. Lotus 1-2-3 and Notes, Merant Dimensions, WBS Chart Pro, EMC Documentum, Borland StarTeam and Hyperion Essbase. Implemented (as the Project Manager and ITIL SME) BMC Remedy Service Desk (Incident, Problem and Change), Atrium CMDB, Patrol, Business Event and Service Impact Management and Runbook Automation. Served as Sys Admin for departmental UNIX server
Project and Quality environments: Worked on both SDLC and infrastructure projects using GSMS PM2 and GPMA ( Confidential, PMBOK framework), SDP-21 Release 9.1, ITIL, ITSMF, HP Service Desk, COBIT V4.1, ISO/IEC20000, ISO9000, QS9001, CMM Level 3, GAD-QMS ( Confidential ) and BMC Rapid Results. Received training on Agile Project Methodology and Six Sigma.
Sr. Project Manager
- Lead Project Manager of the Business Transformation Program team that is moving Hastings from mainframe legacy systems to the Confidential Software Suite.
- Currently engaged with moving the Workmans Compensation Line of Business over to the Confidential
- . Overseeing seven workstreams using a hybrid Agile/Waterfall methodology to develop integrations, data conversion, configuration of Confidential Policy Center, and Reports/Forms. Conducted many scrum of scrums meetings and lead one of the workstreams for several iterations.
- Concurrently running another project that is moving a portion of the Reinsurance process from a legacy system over to Confidential ’s Claim Center as the system of record.
- Coordinating with several other projects that are need by Hastings to allow the future retirement of the mainframe legacy system.
- Strategic Staffing Solutions (MS Project, Quickbase, Sharepoint Jira, and Clarity)
Sr. Project Manager
- Managed the Health Information Management (HIM) portion of the Cerner deployment and oversaw several other project managers’ workstreams 3M 360 Encompass and Document Imaging. The Enterprise Program operated a Hybrid environment combining Waterfall and Agile methodologies that is based on the SAFe framework
- Concurrently oversaw the deployment of the Confidential downtime solution at the Working with Clinical Informatics personnel on the development of the clinical documents for enterprise-wide deployment and site personnel for state required forms. Overseeing the installation and set-up of new printing infrastructure for Confidential and concurrent deployment of the Patient Registration solution.
- Assisted and coordinated the deployment of the Confidential services that transcribe medical staff's note and orders into electronic records that would capable of being loaded into the Cerner system.
- All three workstreams supported the Cerner Go-lives with personnel on-site, holding daily walk-throughs of issues and provided additional training as needed by site personnel. The teams then turned support over to Operations after two week, provided lessons learned and final updates and reviews of the design documents.
- Developed the scope and cost estimates for an Integrated Training Domain that will be used for the continuing rollout of the Cerner Millennium EMR software throughout the Confidential Health enterprise
- Worked with Business Owners and IT staff to develop/update and then seek approval of several Project Charters for the Identity Access Management and Security teams.
Sr. Project Manager
- Overseeing the work on four different data integration efforts (Agile) which included a shift from Member-centric to Contract-centric data
- Coordinating efforts with the Business Project Sponsor who is the lead on the Clear Coverage Configuration team and Vital updates.
- Working with several vendors including McKesson, Axispoint Health Systems and Highpoint Solution to implement the solution.
- This project once completed would allow Confidential to maintain current staffing levels versus the forecasted 4 FTEs needed over the next two years. Provide visibility into questionable prior authorization (PA) requests, standardize the PA request process and minimize staff follow-up for missing documentation.
Sr. Project Manager
- Assigned to run several projects concurrently that involved Business Process Redesign, Data Analytics and deployment of a 3rd party solution.
- Concurrently managed a pilot project with a leading Cyber Threat Data Analytics vendor (who was literally building their staff, project processes and solution while engaged with us), the pilot completed the discovery phase and was entering the design phase.
- The discovery phase includes the effort to determine the gaps in the current security environment and the steps towards closing them, including the use of the Data Analytics tool.
- The overall goal of this project is to help the firm better understand the overall architectural framework needed to run an Enterprise-wide Cyber Threat Data Analytics solution.
- Managed the completion of all development activities, testing with preparation to move into production and eventual transfer to operations.
- Worked with DISA and DLA Architects, Infrastructure and Application SMEs to analyze the Application, Hardware and Network requirements for the DR site. Reviewed the DR recovery processes updating them based on the proposed design and correcting some steps based on best practices
- Provided oversight and reported to the PMO on four BTI (Network, Identity and Access Management, Application Hosting and Fileshare) and the two BASSD (Sharepoint and Gnosis) workstream discovery and analysis activities.
- Worked with several IT Groups (in several countries) to set-up a new office in Costa Rica for 25 users on an expedited basis to meet the Costa Rican’s business regulations.
- Developed and updated a $55.6 Mill Technical Service Agreement to BT Infrastructure Service capabilities to 167 sites.
- Created 10+ Business Cases to procure Capital and Project Expense funding to support the divestiture activities and then tracked and forecasted the spending of the approved project funds.
IT Portfolio Rationalization Lead
- Developed with each set of Domain Owners and SMEs the Opportunities that could be implemented to reduce the complexity within their domain. The team used an Confidential developed Evaluation Framework to qualify and help prioritize the opportunities.
- Developed the weekly status reporting with Senior BCBSM Management, consolidated and prepared the weekly status reports and conducted and lead the weekly status meetings.
- Created the SOW that was used to contract this effort at BCBSM
- SME to develop and gain approval of the Project Charter, High-Level Requirements and High-Level Design.
- Lead a team of On and Off Shore Confidential Resources to develop $1Mill plus estimate for a fixed-fee SOW which was presented to the client, the estimate has been updated several times and was eventually parceled out to several other Confidential IT teams.
Program Risk Manager
- Worked with Internal, Sub-contractor and Government Subject Matter Experts (SME) to identify and capture known risks, conduct probability and impact analysis, develop risk triggers and mitigation strategies, implement mitigation plans, continue to track existing risks, and monitor the environment for new risks.
- Served as both Programs' MS Project SME involving the set-up and maintenance of two Integrated Master Schedules with one having over 10,000 tasks.
- Authored both Programs' Risk Management Plan and Quality Assurance Plan. Served as the Action Officer for ensuring the completion of both Programs' Configuration/Change Management Plan by the assigned Sub-contractors.
- Lead Facilitator in the Telecom Defense Agency Initiative (SAP Financial), directing a group of Subject Matter Expert (Finance, Contracting, Request Fulfillment, Solution Engineers and Enterprise Architects) through a series of exercises to capture the existing Business Processes and then mapping the To-Be Business Processes (Levels 1 to 3 including the mapping of the data elements). The team has completed the development of the initial draft of the Analysis of Alternatives for the DISA Senior Management and working on updates to the draft with other teams of SMEs.
- Developed the Process Charters, Process Workflows Charts, Roles and Responsibilities Charts and RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed) Matrixes for the assigned processes. I assisted other team members to develop Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators for processes currently in the Analysis and Design phases.
- Assisted in developing the Director Brief (3 Star General) that involved an ITSM Overview and a status report on the implementation of a critical ITIL process.
- Advising the Division Manager leading the ITIL implementation effort on the Engineering/Architectural Strategy document for Network Services Directorate alignment to the ITIL Framework
- Developed and Presented ITIL training sessions to DISA personnel to assist in their understanding of the processes being implemented.
- Leader of the effort to overhaul the Network Services ITSM Change Advisory Board that will improve the consistency, effectiveness and efficiency of the working group.
ITIL Subject Matter Expert
- Developed and facilitated the Incident and Configuration Management workshops with personnel representing the Five Theater Network Commands (NOSC) and National Guard (both three day sessions). The workshops were conducted to develop and verify:
- The potential for ISO/IEC20000 Certification
- Assisted key Core Team Members with process training and education
- Advised Engineering Team Members on developing Network Command requirements with the use of Best Practice and Industry Experience.
- Updated the Project Charter, Process Design Guide for both processes based on the output of the workshops. Developed the implementation project plan for both processes.
Senior Project/Program Manager
- Lead a Service Desk Consolidation with the two largest banks in Dubai UAE using resources from the UK and US. As part of the effort, worked on-site with the client's project manager, to advise on how to consolidate and minimize the risk of combining Service Desk functions and processes, develop consolidated foundation data for the Service Desk solution and address Software Licensing issues to allow the building and testing of the consolidated Service Desk solution.
- Managed a team of Project Managers and Technical Leads (Bank and Partner resources), through the Analysis phase of delivering a fully functional Remedy Service Desk (Incident, Problem and Change Management) including the Atrium CMDB, Discovery and Service Impact modules fully implemented in Six Months. The plan called for four separate implementation tracks, which captured the dependencies, resource requirements for the Bank, Partner and BMC personnel while still meeting the timing and budget requirements of the Bank and the Local Partner. In addition, worked with key Bank and BMC personnel to identify project risk, conduct risk analysis, and set-up a risk monitoring and tracking process used by the local BMC and Bank Project Managers.
- Lead teams of technical resources through partial to full deployment of IT Service Management solutions (Fat and Thin Client) at several clients (Outsourcer, Staffing Service, University Automotive and Furniture Manufacturer). During these implementations the team used BMC and ITIL Best Practices to minimize customization and improve acceptance of new processes. This included the use of facilitated workshops to better under the client's requirements and the gaps between the client's process and the BMC Solution.
- Lead a team of technical resources implementing Run Book Automation solutions at a large Telecommunications Company.
- One of the to-be automated processes developed, tested and already deployed will reduce the amount of manual intervention by automatically enhancing customer requests with the required information to allow system processing. Once it is fully deployed, it will allow the client to redeploy 40 of the 60 personnel current supporting the manual process.
- Another to-be automated process that is under development will allow the client to eliminate or minimize government fines of $8 Million per Quarter by raising alerts faster and completing some of the initial processing.
- Lead individuals and resource teams for pilots, assessments and health-checks at client sites (Outsourcers, Medical, Petroleum, Electric Utility and Banking). The assessments were conducted to help the client prepare to implement software upgrades by reviewing infrastructure architecture and upgrade plans. The health-checks used BMC Best Practices to improve performance and availability.
- Developed simple to medium complex Statements of Work (SOW) and assisted in reviewing the SOWs with the client.
Senior Project Manager
- Led a team of technical and operations resources through the planning and design phases, purchasing, installing, testing and deploying in an expedited effort six Sun servers. The hardware supports the critical back-end application in separate Production and Training environments.
- Guided a team of Subject Matter Experts on updating Architectural Designs for a critical OnStar Business Application; reviewed the designs internally with the Lead Architect and the Customer to ensure industry best practices and the optimal technological solution available. Facilitated and developed Phase Architectural Review presentations (Testing and Deployment phases) which were reviewed and approved by the OnStar Architectural Review committee.
Senior Project Manager
- Lead a team of technical and operations resources through planning, design, purchasing, installing, testing and deploying Airbiquity Digital Modems, EMC DMX, Sun and Hewlett Packard servers. This hardware supports the back-end applications in separate Production and Training environments, VTO processing (voice treatment options) and Oracle Databases that will be used by the Call Center personnel. Also, lead the integration effort with another infrastructure project that installed an Avaya Switch and Verint Call Recording and other redundant equipment that completes the initial back-end infrastructure implementation.
- Successfully lead a team of Network Engineers and Architects designing and implementing a Voice and Data Network (WAN and LAN to support the Web Services) implementing Cisco's Best Practices for VoIP and OnStar policies for failover capability.
- Facilitated discovery sessions with Confidential and Vendor subject matter experts to develop and implement Best Practices for emergency failover capability on Enterprise Reporting and scheduling for Workforce Management.
- Lead a team of Subject Matter Experts on updating Architectural Designs for several OnStar Applications, Storage and Databases, reviewed the designs internally with the Lead Confidential and Customer Architects to ensure industry best practices and the optimal technological solution available. Facilitated and developed Phase Architectural Review presentations (Testing and Deployment phases) which were reviewed by the OnStar Architectural Review committee.
- Developed and presented an overview of the Deployment Approach and Infrastructure Environment to key Confidential and OnStar Operation personnel.
- Successfully managed technical and operations resources to develop and test monitoring agents and scripts replacing BMC Patrol with HP Openview on 340 plus Hewlett-Packard, Sun and Windows servers and EMC Clarion storage devices. This project saved Hewlett-Packard $125,000 each month on staffing cost.
- Successfully managed a team of Technical resources to gather requirements, design, develop, test and implement synthetic end-to-end user transactions for monitoring 13 customer-designated critical systems. This monitoring will establish a performance baseline for application performance and availability allowing General Motors to evaluate HP delivery performance. This project was completed on-time and HP avoided contractual monthly penalties of $50,000.
- Managed virtual implementation teams that installed Hewlett-Packard Openview and DBSPI on Hewlett-Packard, Sun and Windows servers for GM Data Centers in India and Brazil. In both cases the Data Centers will be monitored through the Hewlett-Packard Service Desk in Warren Michigan.
- Successfully managed a team of Disaster Recovery specialists, who leveraged existing Infrastructure Disaster Recovery plans through updates and applying new methodologies. This project was completed early and HP was able to avoid contractual penalties. Reported directly to the GM North America Data Center Manager, sought his input in areas where there was ambiguity and worked together to implement industry best practices.
- Lead a team of HP, Sun, EMC and Confidential resources to install a Tivoli Storage Manager server and implement the remainder of the Back-up and Restore systems (EMC Clarion and StorageTek Tape Silos) and processes.
- Managed a team of Architects and Systems Administrators to test and deploy Symantec Enterprise Security Manager that will help GM meet compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Facilitated the development of the Architectural Design documents, participated in internal and GM Corporate Architectural reviews.
- Worked with Application owners to gather requirements, design, develop, test and implement additional monitoring agents to support the designated Critical and Non-Critical Product Development applications.
- Managed a team of Subject Matter Experts to transition the Hewlett-Packard Configuration Management Database (ITIL based) to the required GM level of detail allowing better Capacity Management by GM and HP personnel.
- Managed a team of Network resources to install several Cisco Routers, eliminating several single points of failures and updating the communication protocols used at several remote sites.
Project Oversight Advisor
- Overseeing the risk analysis activities including information gathered from other states, consulting groups, department experts and stakeholders. Developed risk-mitigating strategies for Legislative activities, Staffing, Technology, Data Transfer from Legacy Systems, Knowledge Transfer, Change Management and Contracts.
- Developed and presented an ITS overview for the Cabinet Secretary, a Lessons Learned presentation to Directors of the Tax and Revenue Department and created an overview presentation of a Commercial Off-the-Shelf software solutions for the Tax Commissioner and Legislative Oversight Committees.
- Facilitated the vendor discovery process, established meeting schedule, selected State personnel for participation and followed-up on vendor and State questions and unresolved issues. Evaluated vendor's responses to the RFI and RFP and ensured the vendor responses met the minimum requirements.
- Evaluated alternative ITS solutions for capabilities, risk and vendor qualifications.
- Reported directly to the Tax Commissioner on the project progress and wrote several Commissioners' Message for the monthly department newsletter.
Sr. Project/Program Manager
- Assumed all project management functions including: developing client requirements, WBS and schedules, managing deliverables, reporting weekly on project status, updating the program management office on a monthly basis, ensuring the review and completion of all project and engineering documents, monitoring and tracking documented risks, addressing issues and change management. A third party assessed the project/ISO framework to be operating just below CMM Level 2; this framework was used for three version releases.
- Also, assumed the following management functions: budget forecasting, resource staffing and allocation, developing and updating internal contracts, conducting personnel interviews, making hiring recommendations and submitting business cases to the Enterprise Program Office.
- Directed and coached a staff of 8 and 10 contractors consisting of several developers and system engineers, a database administrator and a system architect to develop and test: data warehouses, standard reports, extract, transform load processing, data migration, active server pages, web-based reporting portal and data processing. Several team members worked from remote locations including Germany.
- On a pilot team for implementing an Earned Value Management for the department Program Management Office and lead Project Manager for piloting and mentoring other project managers on Enterprise Program Office initiatives.
- Managed concurrent projects with GRS; directed a team of three system engineers to test the system performance of UK-based IBM Secureway Solution against Critical Path Directory Server and Metadirectory, the results of the testing enabled Confidential to avoid purchasing $300,000 of software. Directed two developers supporting the rollout of new metrics for the Service Excellence Dashboard, a corporate initiative to gather and display performance metrics for every Confidential client.
- Directed the team through two majors and a minor version release and a pilot of GRS (using Confidential SLDC process), all of the releases were on time and in budget. The pilot proved GRS capabilities for reporting, migrating historical data and ETL processing.
- Successfully lead the two installations of GRS into production; one is a client specific deployment with Dow Chemical, while the second one is supporting the Corporate Offshore Help Desk (for GM and internal Confidential groups).
- Recycled existing unused software licenses resulting in $100,000 of cost savings.
- Developed and presented a GRS overview for internal and external clients.
- GRS was chosen as part of a corporate initiative for global deployment; when implemented, this will enable Confidential to report on Automated Call Distribution and System Performance metrics throughout the globe.
- Service Excellence Dashboard, a corporate initiative to gather and display performance metrics for each Confidential client giving clients and Sr. Confidential Managers up to date service delivery metrics.
- Global Reporting Solution, a server-based reporting solution using data warehouse and business intelligence software.
- Lead change management team for Execuview, an intranet-reporting portal for General Motors. Responsible for evaluating change requests for resource requirements, duration estimates and feasibility.
- Leader of a successful ISO certification effort for the entire department (60 people) which included mentoring senior managers for roles and responsibilities, conducting desk audits, reporting weekly on departmental progress and resolving issues raised by senior managers.