- Accomplished IT project/program manager/Scrum master with proven track record of delivering critical, complex and high visibility projects successfully.
- Experience in planning and executing projects using Agile/Waterfall methodology with various constraints such as time, resource and budget.
- Strong technical development background which helps to bridge the gap between technical and non - technical audiences, build consensus. Excellent communication, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work as Scrum master for multiple projects concurrently, work with multiple clients, product owners and various cross functional teams to plan/deliver various products.
- Mentored offshore project managers and led/managed multiple teams up to 40 resources including vendors (offshore/onshore); along with other non-core team members.
- Recognized by various senior leaders for being instrumental and outstanding contributor.
Tools: TFS, JIRA, Aha, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, SharePoint, PlanView, MKS Integrity
Technologies: JAVA, .NET, C#, Data Warehouse, SQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server
Sr. Project Manager
- Worked as Senior IT Project Manager for Agent and Consumer ( Confidential .com) products to deliver various critical projects which generated revenue, saved cost and met company goals.
- Worked with multiple global client teams such as Fannie Mae, BAC, Chase etc. to schedule demos and get UAT sign offs on large implementations/enhancements projects.
- Communicated directly with C-level personnel and senior executives administering updates, execution and results for all projects in pipeline with monthly roadmap/forecast updates.
- Managed multiple project schedules, project status reports, team evaluation, coaching, mentoring, hiring, training and performance evaluation of team members.
- Introduced Scrum/Agile processes to the team in the company trying to shift from Waterfall to Agile SDLC.
- Streamlined operations and processes to increase team efficiency/effectiveness, remove roadblocks while facing resource and time constraints.
- Implemented various process improvement such as JAD sessions among core team members, test plan/test execution reviews, conduct daily standups for key projects, improve LOE/DEV-QA estimates; build accountability/responsibility within team.
- Worked closely with Product owners, client relationship managers, Dev, QA, DB, Architects, Release and App support teams to build/update project plans, create milestones, communicate meeting minutes/action items, execute/deliver different projects and communicate product roadmap to stakeholders.
- Built consensus on product requirements and get UAT sign off by working with different lenders/clients’ relationship managers, project managers and teams.
- Some of the key Projects which were delivered from inception to production release include:
- Software integration using data modeling (R model) to utilize and display Agents’ data to servicers using data science/intelligence and new enhanced user interface.
- New product launch to generate recurring annual revenue to place Agent Advertisements on Confidential .com consumer website for cities bought by agents.
- Redesign, development and deployment for Confidential .com website. This included complete UI redesign of the website, make website SEO/SEF friendly and update content management system to add/reorganize content, articles on the website.
- Migration of Agent training platform to new vendor for monthly cost saving.
Scrum Master/ IT Project Manager
- Managed multiple Scrum based technical IT projects concurrently with onshore, offshore distributed teams. These projects span multiple product owners, development managers, software developers, QA, IT Operations, Sales/Marketing, Customer Care teams.
- Worked as Scrum Master for all the projects performing various duties such as sprint planning, conduct backlog grooming sessions, communicate sprint backlog, daily standups, remove Impediments/blocks, schedule demos, track sprint burndown, conduct project retrospectives.
- Performed various project manager duties such as create release milestones/schedules, conduct and report weekly status for all the projects, report monthly and biweekly status for strategic client initiative projects. Monitor risks, mitigate and report them.
- Tracked budget spent for each project, reported budget in monthly reports and participate in forecasting future expense for each project.
- Plan, create, maintain and publish release calendar/dates for all the projects’ releases for the entire year.
- Performed various duties related to Audit/compliance to collect and submit required project artifacts/documents needed for auditing and tollgate processes, create/publish Oracle projects to log time and approve team members’ time in Oracle.
- Worked closely with DEV managers/architects to gather estimates for interim releases, QA managers to plan testing schedule and with product owners to ensure requirements are updated/tracked in user stories/PBIs.
- Strong experience in using TFS 2013 and Visual Studio to perform all Scrum activities such as sprint planning, create TFS queries for each project release’ targeted/committed items, ensure PBI/Bugs/Tasks are updated in each state throughout release cycle
- Also, worked as Production release manager to manage all the activities related to production deployments such as submit production change orders on time, create production deployment manifest, send meeting invites and conduct on call meetings for production deployments and troubleshoot issues with IT Ops, DEV, QA, Business, Customer Care teams.
- Created a centralized platform for operations to manage multi-media commutations to over 500 stores and the Corporate Offices.
- Used waterfall and agile hybrid approach to implement the project.
- New flash sales report system and integration into SharePoint Portal.
- Performed various project management tasks; project timeline/schedule/plan, track project budget and progress, manage scope changes, identify/mitigate risks, coordinate QA/UAT, create weekly status reports, manage resource changes and identify/manage stakeholders.
- Gathered requirements from business, documented them and worked with technical lead to get those implemented in agile manner.
- Coordinated recurring development review sessions with business group leaders to incorporated their feedback using agile approach.
- Worked with infrastructure team to setup development, QA and production environments.
Scrum Master/Project Lead
- An interface platform developed to accept payroll data from various ERPs Following were my key responsibilities on this Agile project:
- Worked as Scrum Master, lead and managed 2 scrum teams (approximately total 14 core resources) with team members distributed in various geographic locations.
- Worked on all scrum activities such as sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, review user stories, track/record sprint progress, sprint demos, address any team roadblocks.
- InView/DHCM: This was a new payroll engine integrated with different existing tax systems.
- Worked with business to gather/understand their requirements and translate them to technical team (offshore and onshore) in daily Scrum meetings.
- Delivered various functionalities within project ahead of time, keeping the cost under control and maintaining top quality in all deliverables.
- Coordinated with offshore/onshore vendors, DEV/QA, business/BA, Prod support to ensure product is implemented successfully satisfying key requirements.
- Gave demos to business users, executives and operations team. Used TFS for projects.
- Payroll Data Exchange (PDE) - System where customer's payroll data is received, loaded and processed further to file payroll taxes.
- Gathered requirements, created design document and assisted QA in test plans/test cases.
- Developed in JAVA/J2EE and Oracle database.