- Hands on work experience in Software Development Life Cycle processes such as Waterfall, Agile (Scrum,SAFe) and Kanban methodologies.
- Proficient in Eliciting Requirements using techniques such as Joint Requirements Planning Sessions (JRP), Joint Application Development (JAD), Data Analytics along with experience in Interviews, Focus Groups, Prototyping, Document Analysis.
- In - depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) that includes GAP analysis, Impact Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis, Feasibility studies.
- Proficient in using MS Visio for creating UML diagrams like Use Cases, Class Diagrams, Entity Relationship diagram (ER), Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and BPMN for process diagrams.
- Comprehensive knowledge in implementing applications using the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Demonstrates Lean-Agile leadership, facilitates the team's advancement toward team goals, Facilitates arrangement and preparation for ART events and Supports the Product Owner.
- Expertise in creating dynamic and static prototype using HTML and CSS
- Strong healthcare domain knowledge with experience in EDI (Electronic Data Exchange) X12 transactions complying with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and HL7 (Health Level Seven International) standards and Center of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) compliances/regulations.
- Experienced and excellent skills in creating user stories and prioritization.
- Facilitated inspection, transparency and adaptation and coached the Scrum teams about these pillars.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices and various tools to deliver the CI/CD pipeline.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions
- Hands on experience supporting the clients during the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and participated in functional and performance testing of RESTful and SOAP services.
- Skills in Structured Query Language (SQL) in retrieving, storing and processing data also assisted the developers in creating OLAP views.
- Comprehensive knowledge in facilitating Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective ceremonies on a regular basis.
- Worked on synchronous and asynchronous Orchestration and integrated it in the application.
- Collaborated with PO in breaking-down of epics into user stories (INVEST format) and requirements churn.
- Facilitated all the Scrum Ceremonies and kept on track with teams’ performance and progress.
- Expertise in Agile techniques including user stories, velocity, capacity, story points, product/sprint backlog, burn-down/burn-up chart, ATDD and test driven development (TDD).
- Co-ordinate as an Agile Coach for development team and stakeholders.
- Adoption of agile related techniques (MOSCOW technique, Planning Poker, T- shirt sizing, Bucket system, Silent writing, Happiness Histogram, Treasury island).
- Participated in PI planning sessions, resolved dependencies and coached the teams on conflict resolution.
- Experienced in updating status reporting to product owner and project reporting to stake holder.
- Participated in Scrum of Scrums (SOS) meetings for dependency management and coordinated with the Release Train Engineer (RTE) for dependency mapping and Architectural Runway issues.
- Well adept in incorporating SOAP and REST Web services into the applications.
- Mastery in the use of Agile/Scrum related tools such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint to document and visualize stories, tasks, and measure performance through burn down charts/velocity charts.
- Helps product owner to make the product backlogs in good shape and make them ready for the next sprint.
- Involved in creating a detailed System Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts for different modules in the Application according to the Business Requirements.
- Experience in various Testing Methods such as Alpha testing, Beta testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Regression testing, Performance Testing, Load/Stress Testing, Smoke testing, Integration testing and manual testing.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Scrum, SAFe, Kanban
Estimation and Prioritization Techniques: MoSCoW, KANO, Poker Planning, T-Shirt Sizing
Project Management Tools: JIRA, Rally TFS, MS Project, HP ALM
Documentation Tools: Confluence, MS Sharepoint, MS Office
Prototyping Tools: MS Visio, Balsamiq, LucidCharts
Databases and Tools: SQLite, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQ, SQL
Reporting tools and Testing Tools: Power BI, Tableau, SOAP UI, Postman, Selenium, Swagger
- Facilitated Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective ceremonies on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules for appropriately handling and sharing PHI.
- Interacted frequently with Technical, Non-Technical and Management related members within team to improve communication and prevent conflicts within the team.
- Facilitated meetings between development Team Leads and SMEs to aid in breakdown of user stories into tasks.
- Encouraged self-organization and self-motivation within team to promote efficiency and coordination.
- Interacted with Product Owner on a regular basis to perform Backlog Refinement based upon inputs from the team leads and the business.
- Assisted the UI/UX team in the designing user dashboards Wireframe, Mockups and Prototypes by providing them clear business requirements and conducting Requirement Workshops with stakeholders and tech team.
- Assisted in defining business rules for business logic and implemented a complete web orchestration.
- Fostered a productive and friendly environment to keep team motivated and at peak performance to ensure timely delivery of Shippable Products at the end of each sprint.
- Promoted the importance of Daily Standup meetings and ensured every team lead and member would be able to attend the ceremony and provide a summarized update and reflect that in the Burn down Chart.
- Encouraged utilization of Collaborative sessions after the Daily Standup to allow for detailed clarification of issues or questions that were raised during the daily standup but not answered.
- Indulged Team members by utilizing simple and interactive tools like Planning Poker to improve accuracy of sizing of user stories.
- Encouraged early breakdown of tasks to allow for a timely and effective Sprint Planning Session.
- Kept updated on the progress of Up-Stream and Down-Stream dependent Scrum Teams to monitor their progress and allow for pre-emptive action in the case of any unexpected issues or delays.
- Coached and Mentored team members new to agile on its principles and methodology through Scrum Games.
- Created Static wireframes and Dynamic Wireframes using MS Visio and Lucid charts at times for better understanding.
- Involved in identifying and implementation of SOAP, XML based web services and web methods. Performed Data Mapping to identify and standardize the data from various distributed systems.
- Used UDDI registries for looking up input and output parameters for web services and extensively used XML in POSTMAN tool to test web services in development phase.
- Effectively translated the functional specifications in to test cases and responsible for automation Testing.
- Coaching and mentoring onshore and offshore development teams and Scrum Masters new to agile best Practices and scrum framework.
- Supporting the PMO in transitioning to the Scrum framework, from waterfall.
- Mentoring team members on agile software development principles and best practices, including Implementation of process improvements ideas learned from retrospectives.
- Facilitated Daily Stand Up, Iteration planning, Team backlog refinement, Iteration review, Iteration retrospective.
- Facilitating scrum of scrum(SOS) meetings with offshore team to provide visibility of team’s work and coordinating cross-team dependencies
- Mentoring and coaching scrum teams on Relative Estimation and User Stories.
- Tracking visible team’s progress, velocity, sprint burn down charts, release burn down charts and other metrics and information radiators on an ongoing basis.
- Identifying and removing impediments to development team progress and protected the teams from outside distractions.
- Developing metrics used to determine inefficiencies and areas for improvement across the organization.
- Organized Joint Application Design Sessions to write Technical User Stories and supported testers in writing Test Cases.
- Encouraged continuous improvement in engineering practices to improve code quality and delivery
- Implemented Service-Oriented Architecture to make the system scalable and robust.
- Identified web-services and API’s using UDDI.
- Created Data Mapping Document for mapping data.
- Identified web-services to be used in the orchestration process.
- Developed the conceptual model of the orchestration process.
- Suggested team to incorporate AJAX which enhanced UX.
- Participated in PI planning sessions, resolved dependencies and coached the teams on conflict resolution.
- Trained development teams on the use of tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Fostered personal growth of development team members by encouraging them to commit to learning one new thing during Sprint Retrospective.
- Facilitated Scrum ceremonies including Daily scrum meetings, Sprint planning, Product Backlog Grooming Sprint review, Sprint retrospective and involved in every scrum ceremony.
- Facilitated, coached, and guided the organization and teams on values and principles of Agile and Scrum.
- Conducted Estimation Training Sessions for the scrum Development team to help them better estimate the efforts required for completing user stories based on Relative Sizing technique.
- Assisted product owner in converting high level requirements EPICS into small User Stories as well as tasks.
- Facilitated team Scrum Games to help build a better collaborative environment within the scrum team.
- Tracked project dependencies outside of the project teams control by attending Scrum of Scrum Meetings and helped in prioritizing user stories that were dependent, escalated the issues as necessary.
- Used Rally keep track of the User Stories, tracked the progress of the sprint by tracking the Velocity and Capacity of the team by maintaining Burn down and Burn up Charts.
- Worked with Product owner On Artifacts Such as Product Backlog, Spring Backlog, Sprint and Release Burn down.
- Planned for sprints by calculating the Estimated Velocity using Commitment driven planning and Velocity driven planning techniques as per the requirements.
- Played a pivotal role in setting up User Acceptance Criteria for user stories to be accepted by the business.
- Helped improving the process and practices by identifying improvement areas through retrospective meetings.
- Responsible for resolving various impediments affecting the progress of the project with the help of product owner for improving the velocity of the project and help team members work in a faster manner.
- Collaborated with the Product Owner and development team in writing Technical User Stories for the team
- Identified and documented request and response parameters of API’s and Micro services for integration into the system.
- Performed data mapping, created Data Mapping Document and wrote test cases in collaboration with the development team.
Business system Analyst
- Interviewed SMEs and other Stakeholders in order to better understand the business process
- Analyzed the business process along with the prior project documentation for complete understanding of the project
- Created Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs),
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line; including the business plan, products, and process and revenue streams.
- Conducted meetings with cross-functional stakeholders to address business issues and develop resolutions
- Collaborated with the QA team in reviewing and validating Test Plans and Test Cases, ensuring that the final application catered to the user requirements.
- Worked with a variety of backend systems to configure RTM to meet requirements; define system objectives, identify constraints and the measures of success for the system to be developed.
- Conducted research and analysis to identify business process improvement opportunities.
- Developed UML Use Cases and developed a detailed project plan with emphasis on deliverables.
- Performed requirement walkthroughs with the development and QA teams with the aim to develop
- Testing Strategies and Test Plans such that Test Cases reflect user needs.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, and analyzed the requirements by using MS Visio.
- Collected business requirements to set rules for proper data transfer from Data Source to Data Target in Data Mapping.
- Participated in the bug review meetings, updated requirement document as per business user feedback and changes in the functionality of the application.
- Conducted UAT; facilitated discussion between business team and QA team on determine the test requirements and pass/fail criteria; documented and reported user feedbacks to management team
Junior Business Analyst
- Served as primary liaison between client and development team.
- Created targeted questionnaires for SME, to gather requirements and understand the business process goal.
- Created business requirements and helped system analysts in converting them into SRS document.
- Actively participated in Pre-Testing that included review of the requirement documents.
- Designed, documented Test Procedures, Test Cases for user acceptance, functional and integration testing.
- Discussed defects with analysts and then made decisions about modifications and changes.
- Gave access to end-users for Acceptance Testing and sent defect reports to developers.
- Documented Manual Testing and also kept track of defects found during this testing.
- Participated in weekly review meetings to report the documented test metrics and defects.
- Used Rational Rose and MS Visio to carry out business modeling of the business process.
- Performed JAD sessions and interacted with stakeholders to discuss problem issues.
- Verified business scenarios on new builds to allow extended testing by the QA team and also helped the testing team to expedite User Acceptance and Regression testing to meet the production date.