- Accomplished Project Manager and Scrum Master professional capable of delivering large - scale IT projects on time and on budget by effectively executing responsibilities like Project Process Management, business analysis, technical consulting and developing applications.
- Expert at driving the adoption and enforcement of Scrum rules, processes, removing impediments and fostering self-management.
- Currently possess close to 9 years of IT industry experience in enabling customers to achieve cost-effective operations with improved/automated business processes, increased quality, efficiency and satisfactory customer service.
- 9 years of experience in IT services with CMMi level 3 organizations and product implementation in different roles and capacities.
- 4 years’ Hands on experience in Agile implementation as Scrum Master. Responsible for Scrum ceremony management like daily standups, sprint planning, BRP, demo, retrospectives. Supporting Product owners with product backlog refinement.
- 5 years of experience in facilitating and working with requirements teams including requirements analysts, testers, developers and integrators to facilitate gathering, analyzing, and managing requirements
- PSM Level 1 certified Scrum master with over 5 years of experience in Agile methodologies.
- More than 8 years’ Hands on experience as Business Systems Analyst in requirements gathering and User story elicitation, analysis, detailed requirements design (Use cases, user interfaces, Wireframes), workflow design, report and print specifications, requirement change management, stakeholder management for multiple projects with the client
- Worked on end to end SDLC management (Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Requirement/User Story Elicitation
- Product and Sprint backlog management
- Stakeholder identification and RACI allocation
- Risk assessment and tracking
- Agile methodologies - Scrum, Kanban and Waterfall
- Agile Ceremonies facilitation - Daily standups, sprint planning, demo, retrospectives, product backlog refinement
- Relative estimation
- Story based development.
- Conflict and Impediment management
- Process adherence and implementation
- UAT facilitation
TECHNICAL AND TOOL SKILLS:
Methodology: Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall
Domain: Web Development, Software, Event Management System, Education, Ecommerce, Digital Media
Skills: Business Analysis, Unit Testing, SDLC management, Requirements Gathering and Elicitation, GAP analysis, AS IS study and TO-BE documentation, Scrum Methodology coaching and management, Stakeholder identification and RACI matrix allocation, Change Management, Business Process Improvement, Consulting, Customer Relationship management, People Management, Process Flow, Unit Testing, Conflict management
Tools: JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, MS Visio, Axure, MS Office 2003-2016
Operating Systems: Windows 2000 to Windows 10, and MAC OSx
Project Manager / Scrum Master
- Managing all phases of SDLC, including initiation, planning, design, development, testing, UAT and deployment.
- Developing detailed project management plans and estimates based on identified risks and options. Facilitated build requirements log (product backlog) with cost estimates and priority.
- Managing changes in Project scope, identified potential crises, and devised contingency plan.
- As scrum master facilitating different ceremonies like Daily standups, Product Backlog, Sprint planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Determining the team capacity (velocity) from historical data. Created Work Break down structure (user stories) and corresponding activities (task).
- Monitoring the project progress throughout each sprint to ensure project was within scope and budget. Radiated the information to stake holders. Identified and mitigated team risks and impediments (Blocking Issues, Critical Defects) on daily basis.
- Communicating the progress to senior management thru ‘Burndown Charts’. Monitored the Quality thru metrics and mentored team thru the project management processes.
- Tracking the team’s progress and help self-organization using Agile management tools like JIRA.
- Ensuring that the enterprise process is adhered to by the team and they follow the release calendar as well as processes.
- Helping the development team to understand and accept the scrum methodology.
- Enable teams to adapt to agile from waterfall practices by using tools like physical/virtual story boards or task boards, historical metrics data and sharing agile best practices.
- Helping team in product backlog management.
- Provide as and when support required by the Product owners in writing user stories and defining acceptance criteria.
- Facilitating team to document definition of done for completion of stories with constant and predefined standards.
- Product/working code walkthrough with the customer. Support UAT as needed. To be done for each sprint and at release.
- Ensure proper project closure with documentation at the completion of the User Acceptance Testing
- Leading teams of sizes varying from 3 to 8 members.
- Organized and participated in the Scrum ceremonies i.e. daily standups, sprint planning and retrospectives. Ensuring that the work planned for the sprint is complete and demo is performed at the end of iteration for the Product Owners
- As a requirements analyst worked on requirement gathering, Story writing with Product Owners, analysis of AS-IS and TO-BE, software requirements specifications (SRS) documentation and high-level design (HLD). Also, part of the change management board.
- Engaged clients to gather software requirements/business rules, and ensure alignment with development teams
- Analyze client’s business requirements and processes through document analysis, interviews, workshops, and workflow analysis.
- Translated stakeholder requirements into over 10 different tangible deliverables such as functional specifications, use cases, user stories, workflow/process diagrams, data flow/data model diagrams, and prototypes / wireframes.
- Conducted 4+ levels of testing including functional, user acceptance, integration and performance to verify the client’s needs are met.
- Project time and cost estimations and ensuring on track performance. Co-ordinate with business & development team to maintain status of the projects and clarify gaps
- Ensure on time and high quality delivery of the solutions to the client
- Helped team in Web Services mapping, collecting missing information
- Review the system test cases (STC) created by the testing team and ensuring system testing support to the testing team at onshore and offshore during the ST phase
- Writing test cases and executing unit testing.
- Participated in development of rollout strategy and execution of pilot programs for new or enhanced product features.
- Responsible for maintaining a prioritized backlog and communicating priorities to the Product Development Scrum Team
- Worked with business, technical and testing resources to clarify business requests and resolve issues
- Worked closely with the business and technical personnel to identify gaps in requested functionality and offer innovative solutions and requests
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Analyze business and user requirements for clarity, completeness, scope, and technical feasibility. Decompose requirements into system and software functional and non-functional requirements for one or more products and/or teams
- Ensured the project’s requirement documentation remain in compliance with the quality system definitions
- Serve as the development team representative during cross-functional project planning for the purpose of clarifying the intended functional behavior of the software
- Organized and participated in the Scrum ceremonies i.e. daily standups, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Gathering and documenting business requirements from stakeholders.
- Organizing periodic meetings to discuss requirements, status, issues and risks between various stakeholders.
- Elicited business requirements by conducting structured interviews, JAD sessions and workshops to create various business documents such as BRD, SRS, FSD etc.
- Collaborating with project sponsor, project team and other stakeholders to determine project milestones and report on progress; prepared communication and status reporting plan.
- Analyzed As-Is system to identify areas of improvement in current trading activities and to determine feasibility to develop To-Be system.
- Created and reviewed Functional Specifications and Functional Requirement Document.
- Understood the business logic of the proposed application and coordinated with development team to ensure it is implemented correctly.
- Designed structured functional testing, including review of test scenarios, test cases and execution/support of User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Assisted development team in creating prototypes based on requirements specifications.
- Utilized Agile/Scrum methodologies to monitor, steer and develop project objectives.
- Participated in the logical and physical design sessions, assisted in developing high and low-level design documents
- Managed full SDLC, from Project Initiation to final delivery.
- Participated in Project Kick-off meetings, organized Requirement elicitation meetings with all stakeholders.
- Documented the functional and system requirements, created Wireframes, Flow diagrams.
- Prepared Project Plan, Project Milestone charts and Project Progress Reports.
- Writing Use Cases, Story Boards, Test Cases, User Manuals and Requirement Traceability Matrix
- Performing Manual Testing for requirements mapping.
- Organizing daily standup meetings for quick project overview. And preparing plan for next stage of the project.
- Organizing weekly project meetings with all team leads to make sure the smooth progress of the project.
- Applied existing strategies to balance the elements of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and resources
- Built relationships in order to collaborate effectively
- Communicated project expectations to the Product manager, project team members, upper management and other stakeholders in a clear and concise fashion
- Communicated with stakeholders
- Defined project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Ensured project outputs are consistently high-quality deliverables, on time and within budget to all business objectives
- Established effective stakeholder management with business and front line organizations
- Identified and managed project dependencies and critical path
- Identified, monitored, and responded to project risk
- Identified, negotiated and supported the resolution to issues within and between various project teams
- Looked after the interests of the project team
- Managed external project resources which include multiple vendors
- Managed scope changes and ensured complete supporting analysis
- Owned execution of project from scoping to completion
- Participated in post launch audit output evaluations to recommend advancements for continuous improvement of project execution practices
- Partnered with appropriate functional leaders to manage resources for projects, including requesting and releasing
- Supported assignments outside of new product development as required
- Worked with Cross Functional Teams
- Analyzed business and user requirements for clarity, completeness, scope, and technical feasibility. Decompose requirements into system and software functional and non-functional requirements.
- Test the user stories for accuracy and compliance to ensure undisputed acceptance and validation of stories
- Managed scope, changes and defects to avoid delays
- Designed wire frames and activity diagrams using MS Visio to outline the "To-Be" screens and "To-Be" processes
- Prepared Project Plan using MS Project.
- Ensured the smooth progress of the project by organizing daily stand up meetings and weekly Lead meetings.
- Managed full SDLC, delivering projects in defined budget and timelines. And verified if the project is delivered as per the scope.
- Created custom technological solutions for business success
- Performing UAT along with the Clients.
- Worked with executive clients to define project parameters and goals.
- Optimized use of resources to complete projects ahead of deadline and under budget.
- Motivated and supervised team members.
- Assigned tasks and monitored performance.
- Created road map for all stages of project completion.
- Designated resources for each part of the project.
- Communicated with clients to keep them up to date on project status.
- Bidding for projects. Sharing project quote, proposals and project plan
- Finalized the team for the projects according to the complexity. This includes - Developer, Designer and QA
- Preparing Flow charts, user stories, Prototypes, RUD (Requirement understanding document), Milestones chart, Project Plan.
- Managed projects end-to-end. Ensured the smooth delivery of the project within the defined scope, set timelines and defined budget.
- Worked on change requests
- Assisted in UAT along with the Client
- Worked with vendors and managed freelancer team.
- Prepared replies to Project quotes. Giving time and cost estimations to the sales team for the expected projects
- Analyzing client requirements and creating Requirement understanding documents
- Responsible for all the Technical documents for the assigned projects - RUD, FSD, User Stories, Test Cases, Prototypes, flow charts, milestones chart.
- Managing full SDLC. Follow up with team members to check the project progress.
- Arranging daily standup meetings assuring project is on track
- Sending timely deliveries to client
- UAT, preparing and assigning bugs to developers
- Preparing weekly project reports
Jr. Business Analyst
- Bidding for projects. Sharing project quote and proposals
- Technical Support provided to sales team required for winning the projects
- Created working wireframes using Axure on the basis of RUD
- Prepared documentations - Flow charts, user stories, RUD (Requirement understanding document), Milestones chart
- Prepared test cases and executed test cases
- Reported Bugs in Bugzilla
- Sending scheduled deliveries to client