Seeking a position as a Project Manager / Scrum Master / Agile Coach that requires specialization in the transformation from Traditional Project Management to the Agile Scrum Methodology with the production of dynamic project documentation and artifacts.
Strategically minded Project Management and Agile Professional with 20 years of Information Technology industry experience; with Project Management experience in Fiber Optic Engineering, Cellular Network Infrastructure Revenue Assurance, Digital and Print Marketing, Web - based Software Development and Network Infrastructure Administration. Strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with a high-level commitment to vision, strategy and leadership. Equally effective working alone and in cooperation with others. Keen perception for extracting important data, solving problems, and implementing solutions. Consistent track record of exceeding company goals.
- Assessing and Establishing PMO’s
- Adaptive Project Planning
- Agile Software Development
- Business Process Mapping
- Strong Observation and Analytical Skills
- Highly Developed Interpersonal Skills
- Well versed in the SDLC within Waterfall and Agile Scrum
- Advanced Strategic Planning
- Detail and big picture orientation
- Advanced Financial & Technical Documentation
- Managed Multiple Projects in Excess of $2 Million
- Microsoft Office Power User for 20+ Years
COMPUTER SKILLS (PROGRAMS):
Agile Story Tracking
MS Project Professional 2016
Atlassian Jira & Confluence
Microsoft Office 2016/365
Adobe Creative Suite
MS Visio Professional 2016
Telerik Team Pulse
MS Windows (7 & 8.1, 10)
Prosymmetry - Tempus
MS Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Corel Draw X7
Enterprise level Smartsheet
CA Clarity PPM
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Project Manager / Smartsheet Admin
- Contract extended to implement Enterprise Project Management System in the PMO and BMO Utilizing Smartsheet and Tempus that incorporates Demand Management, Capacity Planning, Timesheet Management and Contractor Invoice payments.
- Manged the development of requirements to implement Project Management standards within the PMO; Phase 2 will be to implement Project Management system in all departments with Capitalized projects.
- Assigned to manage 4 strategic projects that will be the prototypes of the Project management standards; Software Asset Management, Hadoop / Big Data, Workstation Refresh and Migration of all physical servers to virtual servers.
- Replaced MS Word / PowerPoint Status reports with Dynamic Real-Time Dashboards of KPI’s which increased the speed of response to project issues and risks as they occur through automated conditional routing based on changes to RAG Ratings (Cost, Schedule, Scope, Benefits and
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Iteration Manager / Scrum Coach
- Project Planning and Management: Work with Business Analysts (BAs) to define project scope and schedule; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Team Management: Hold teams accountable for their commitments.
- Work with BAs and managers to remove roadblocks to their work.
- Assign capacity for new work. Manage stakeholder communications.
- Process Management and Improvement: Evolve our processes to become more iterative by implementing appropriate best practices from Agile Project Management.
- Processing “run the engine” ad hoc requests that create new variables or edit existing ones.
- Re-architecting existing marts with new ETL design and data models.
- Designing and building new analytic marts. We might also move into unstructured data environments like Hadoop.
- Migrating end users from old marts to new marts.
- Tracking the status of a vendor-run data management program that will define, profile, and document the lineage of hundreds of data warehouse variables.
- Processing “run the engine” requests that create new Microstrategy reports, or edit existing ones.
- Migrating reports from old marts to new ones.
- Partnering with business units and the senior leadership team to restate and rename report variables and metrics to new common standards.
- Developing automated profile, segmentation, and impact analysis tools.
- Creating transformed target and independent variables for modeling in our new marts.
- Building, testing, and productionalizing predictive models.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. Scrum Master / Agile Coach
- Transformed teams from operating within the Waterfall Methodology to operating within the Agile Frame work; transformed 1st team from start up to maturity level of 1 on a scale to 3; first team within 3 months, on track for Level 2 Maturity by end of 3RD Quarter 2017; 2nd team Level 1 within 4 months, on track for Level 2 Maturity in the 4TH Quarter 2017. Level 1 includes adoption of all Agile Ceremonies, Release Planning, Pair programming, Continuous Integration & Agile Metrics; Level 2 includes Tracking Quality, Test Driven Development, Continuous Delivery, Automated Deployment, Lean Requirements & a Single Empowered Product Owner.
- Transformed both teams to a synergistic mindset that shared lessons learned, provided mentoring to Junior team members, and enforced adherence to Sprint & Release Planning, Backlog Grooming and execution with increasing velocity sprint over sprint; primary focus of continuous Improvement.
- Required to Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects, decide on suitable strategies and objectives and Coordinate cross-project activities
- Utilized program management techniques to Develop and control deadline dates, managed budgets and human resources capacity and apply change, risk and resource management for multiple teams within my department.
- Required to facilitate resolution of impediments for each team, managed and reviewed product backlogs for multiple projects providing stakeholder communication through Agile ceremonies.
- Drove departmental innovation through the production of project charters and communication plans that established the rules for prioritization and negotiation of the Triple Constraint.
- Scheduled and facilitated 420 Team Agile Ceremonies per quarter ensuring proper business representation and transparent communication for adaptive project management.
- Managed all vertical and horizontal requirements gathering relationships to foster open communication and transparency for successful cross team release management and co-supplier dependent sprint planning.
- Spearheaded the introduction of department wide release planning and management which decreased defects per man hour by 65% over the over the last 2 releases.
- Required to produce Artifacts for each team on a Sprint Level Basis, 40 to 100 printed 3x5 User Story Cards, Updated Color Coded by Status User Story Maps, Burn-up & Burn-Down Charts and consolidated RAG Status reports; All artifacts produced from the Jira All Columns Extract.
- Conducted cross functional JAD Sessions to Configure each field for each Jira Issue Type (Epic, Story, Bug/Defect, Spike, Tech Debt, Improvement and Knowledge Transfer); from 1783 Optional fields.
- Produced customized reports for each level of the Project, dynamically built and updated by the Jira Extract allowing metrics to be consumed in a variety of ways, charts, graphs and report summaries.
- Required to Coach employees and stakeholders to understand and embrace Agile the Scrum Methodology and empirical product development;
- Worked with 12 newly created Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Agile Scrum within my department, impacting 120 developers; Produced 30 hours of training materials, held hosted quarterly, facilitated by Groups of rotating Scrums Masters based on comparative advantage.
Scrum Master Consultant
- Primary Project was to optimize the monthly status reporting for the IT PMO department with 15 Project Managers and 10 Business Analyst with the Capacity to manage 100 concurrent projects.
- The Monthly Status Report Solution produced, reduced the time required to compile status reports from 2 to 4 hours on Average to 20 Minutes for each Project Manager, saving approximately 400 hours on an annualized basis.
- Mail Merge Word Document to import the data from the Excel Worksheets
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Chief Scrum Master
- Provided the leadership required to transition the 22 team member Software Solutions and Project Development Teams from a Waterfall based Project Methodology to Agile Scrum.
- Developed and delivered team and organization training materials and workshops, building knowledge and skills to facilitate the Agile transformation focused on creating shared understanding of roles expectations.
- Championed cultural change and collaborated with other Managers on plans and techniques for accelerating and advancing the organization's transformation to the new more efficient methodologies.
- Developed the roadmap for all teams to evolve toward predictive velocities.
- Conducted daily stand-ups in two-week Iterations, facilitated Sprint Planning Backlog Grooming, Sprint Reviews, Iteration/Release Planning and Retrospectives meetings.
- Mentored teams, leading them to be self-directed with strong accountability, decision making, conflict resolution and transparency.
- Introduced additional Agile Methodologies (Lean Kanban, Test Driven Development, Dynamic System Development Method DSDM, Crystal and Feature Driven Development FDD ) as potential process to manage unique projects that do not properly align with Scrum.
- Coached leaders and teams through the transformation and provided the necessary training and references to enable the ideal management and team structures.
Confidential, Westerville OH
Scrum Master / Sr. Business Process Analyst
- Hired as the sole Business Analyst for the data migration of 3 merged company data processing platforms.
- Acts as a liaison between business units and IT departments; Completes business cases in support of projects; Participates in or facilitates business process modeling and research efforts. Acts as a consultant and reviews all documents on project teams.
- Opening and maintaining lines of communication to monitor and improve business unit satisfaction with IT;
- Provides a single point of contact for business units & IT and acts as a conduit between the 2 business units.
- Conducts interviews and performs analysis in order to create Business Cases for projects.
- Conducts preliminary investigation for all project requests. Reviews requirements, specifications, test, support and training plans to ensure they are in line with business objectives on projects.
- Participates in Business Process Management group efforts to collect and analyze metrics and continually improve processes owned by the group.
- Participates in root cause analysis in order to recommend product enhancements or other appropriate actions to improve productivity for both the business units and IT.
- Document and maintain process flows for each Area of Responsibility, as well as review procedures to ensure they align with processes and procedures.
- Instrumental in producing the Project Management office for the company integration of 3 companies, migrated to one consolidated data processing platform.
- Introduced the Agile Scrum methodology to the organization as the first Scrum Master; Developed and conducted project team and sponsor training utilizing the Scrum Body of Knowledge 2014 edition; 20 hours in duration with quizzes and retention exercises.
- Introduced Smartsheet as the Agile project backlog management tool, and requirements gathering platform for over 200 reports, 20 data extracts, requests for changes, database migration mapping and testing repository.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Sr. IT Business Analyst (Agile)
- The Requirements analysis ensures that necessary functionality is identified, analyzed, documented, reviewed and approved before development may begin.
- Assist in the creation of Product Based Planning artifacts and the Project Acceptance Criteria.
- Elicit high level requirements from IT and Business Sponsors to create High Level Story Cards (HLSC).
- Facilitate a Gateway Review with Solutions Architect and Test Lead for HLSCs.
- Acquire Business Approval on all HLSCs and meet with PM to evaluate for risk, complexity, domain understanding, and dependencies.
- Participate in pointing/estimating of HLSCs to provide additional details for pointing.
- Work with Business Representative and Solutions Architect to prioritize HLSCs and decompose HLSCs into Story Card shells.
- Update HLP Points and Remaining Points on the HLSC in HP Quality Center.
- Facilitate a Gateway Review with Developer Lead and Test Lead for Detailed Story Cards (DSC) to acquire business approval on Detailed Story Cards.
- Attend story card pointing meetings and provide additional details about story cards for assigned iterations.
- Revise story cards as requested by Developer, Tester, or Business Representative in order to complete Gateway Review and Business Sign - off.
- Participate in Iteration Planning Meeting (IPM) for iteration n+1 and be prepared to present story cards that will be tasked and provide additional information as needed.
- Revise story card details and fit criteria as needed during the iteration based on changes requested by the Developer or Business Representative.