- Results - Driven Finance Project / Program Manager with over seventeen years of cross-functional team leadership experience
- Proven program/project manager with ability to work strategically, creatively and analytically to drive change
- Recognized problem solver and trusted leader who consistently manages staff and teams to exceed goals
- Excellent communication skills that generate stakeholder buy in to deliver results
- Extensive financial services background with projects spanning Finance, Technology, Operations, Business Strategy/ Transformation, Governance, Risk and Compliance
Confidential Chicago, IL
President and Owner
- Included eight process work streams and system delivery
- Managed and delivered to expectations among all NA and Global stakeholders
- Developed dashboards and extensive reporting at the detailed level for enhanced data analytics
- Directed all aspects of project including project governance, strategy, budget, resources, technical solution and business process redesign. Led cross functional teams /consultants to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Identified and responded to project issues/risks to achieve expected outcomes- on time and on budget
- Led activities required to complete project through analysis, design, development, deployment& post implementation. This includes plan, business case, system /functional design, requirements, implementation &testing strategy, as well as, optimized business processes, documentation & reporting to ensure sustainability.
- Communicated weekly project dashboard to project team, support areas and all business stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle to make certain all have an understanding of risks, issues and activities related to the project
- Analyzed the Retail Banking and Insurance sector's competitive landscape and devised strategic plan to leverage Detica’s global fraud detection tool in the US marketplace
- Expanded firm market capabilities and core offerings by identifying key developments/drivers and providing Device's views on challenges and opportunities in the Risk and Finance arena
- Contributed to internal business development by assessing new opportunities, managing relationships across financial institutions and developing bid proposals and case studies to introduce to market
- Client Engagements: Project manager for HSBC’s Global Finance Strategic Change Programme
- Managed implementation of new legal hierarchy structure for IFRS Global Reporting team
- Analyzed &provided improvement recommendations for Global Management Reporting process
- Implemented an automated tool to improve customer level Management Reporting on an IFRS basis
- Selected to join highly competitive 2-yearFinance Associate program. Fast-tracked promotion cycles
- Participated in Global Sourcing initiatives, Strategic Ecommerce Initiatives, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Presented recommendations to CFO, COO and senior managers across Finance
- Managed staff of six FTEs in Procure to Payment (P2P) area directly out of Finance Associate program
- N America’s Travel & Expense Manager. Reengineered operational workflow. Directed day-to-day operations.
- Implemented new internal system in US and Netherlands
- Directed team of five project managers in strategic sourcing group
- Managed several concurrent initiatives including global infrastructure project with $15 MM in annual spend
- Collaborated with Global team to implement solution to save $5 MM in two years
- Hand selected by Executive Management to join high profile strategy teams:
- Co- lead of Finance team to deliver €500 MM in savings from IT outsourcing initiative
- Manager on North America’s off shoring team. Responsible for $24MM Project Budget
- Created central program office/ governance structure to manage all NA offshoring streams. Provided rigor in project execution and overall program direction to minimize bank exposure and business risk.
- Managed all North America Offshoring Initiatives:
- Ensured successful project delivery implemented on time and within budget
- Engaged bank specialist support areas (HR, Audit, Sarbanes Oxley, BCP, Risk, IT, Communications) to assess and address key handovers and controls for each project mobilization
- Developed and challenged all business cases, measure cost/benefit with associated offshore scope and recommend prioritization of project and resources to maximize benefits
- Managed and performed program financials: budget-to-actual comparisons, financial forecasting and modeling. Estimated $18 million saves in 2 yrs.
- Tracked and directed over 20 concurrent initiatives. Assess impact on project delays and FTE movements
- Collaborated with offshore receive site and global teams to improve approach, review best practices and manage demand planning for short and long term strategy
- Partnered with business areas to track and measure performance and metrics once projects are complete
- Co-lead Finance Stream on Global Shared Information Services strategic initiative to provide an annual €500 million saving on the run rate by year 3 of project delivery
- Designed flexible financial models for all technical towers to measure impact of technical solutions in achieving financial goal. Delivered a 37% cost reduction in IT spend by objective date
- Developed global strategy for all financial aspects of internal bid to compete with top IT Global Vendors
- Worked with executive leaders to build optimal shared services governance model
- Joined evaluation team to analyze vendor bids and create business case for senior management recommendation
Projects Manager, Assistant Vice President
- Directed a team of five project managers. Identified and managed cost saving opportunities throughout the bank. Projects ranged from $50K to $15MM in annual spend, included local and global products.
- Lead entire Sourcing process. Developed performance management procedures- created, communicated &enforced policy; measured & tracked savings; designed scorecards/KPIs to track success
- Designed new model for ABN print output strategy. Created total cost of ownership model for shared printing environment; devised to meet employee needs and save the organization $5MM over 2 years.
- Worked on global SAP team to design NA model to capture data& implement one workflow tool/ data warehouse
- Managed employee reimbursement staff (six employees). Business owner for internal travel and expense system and corporate card. Directed day- to -day operations to meet 100% SLE.
- Streamlined existing processes to shorten payment times and reduce costs while still meeting tax / audit constraints.
- Devised and enforced corporate spend policies throughout the bank. Tracked and measured costs, risk &exposure.
- Managed reimbursement system(Concur) upgrade in US and implementation in Netherlands
- Completed a Peer Analysis used to examine acquisition and divestiture opportunities
- Designed & implemented online auction tool used to reengineer vendor-bidding process in $700 MM Global Strategic Sourcing project. Analyzed supply market implications, competitive landscape, vendor scoring, geographic coverage, overall spend findings; presented 30% savings plan to Executive Committees.
- Analyzed third party rates vs. internal rates for all billable activities. Worked with Cost Accounting senior management to develop methodology to save 90% over 3 years.