- Support and partner with all levels of management and business stakeholders across organizations and globally.
- Work closely and collaboratively with every group in and outside of the company, technical and non - technical and 3rd party vendors, both on-shore and off-shore resources.
- Years of management, technical project management, technical lead and development experiences. Waterfall, Agile and SDLC.
- Years of experiences on defining and designing conceptual, logical and physical dada architecture, data modeling, data strategy, solutions and roadmap.
- Have experiences working on many different platforms, infrastructure, technologies and references different design frameworks and methodologies.
- Over 8 years of hands on experience working as an enterprise data architect in various industries and platforms.
- Over 12 years of hands-on experience on Enterprise Data Warehouse, ETL and BI/Analytics architecture design, strategy and solutions, analysis, management and development in various industries and platforms.
- Over 8 years of hands-on experiences on designing and implementing data integration project from planning, roadmap, strategy, architecture, acquisition, integration/migration, conversion, mapping, DQ, harmonization, analysis to deployment/release and support, end-to-end.
- Good experience on analyzing business process and data flows for various applications and industries. For example, customer and product, ERP, eCommerce, CRM (marketing, sales, CSR, vendor & account), financial, accounting, inventory and logistics, health care, patient, claims, pricing and more.
- Good experience on designing data models, such as Star Schema, Dimensional and OLTP data models. Some experiences on Hives design.
- Experience on migrating and deploying cloud based healthcare billing application. SaaS.
- Worked with security group to identify, define and set up data security classification and process to enforce PCI, PII and SOX compliances.
- Good experiences on setting up naming, data modeling and coding standards and best practice.
- Experience on performing as-is and to-be analysis and made recommendation on architecture design and strategy, technology standardization, business and data process alignments, application integration and migration strategy, data quality, MDM integration, metadata collection and data governance.
- Experience in gathering business and technical requirements and tan translate them into technical design.
- Good experiences on business, technical and operational metadata collection and maintenance.
- Some limited exposure to Big Data, Hadoop conceptual architecture framework design. Have used HivQL on Cloudera.
- Many years of hands on technical development experiences focus on DW, DI, ETL, DQ and BI /OLAP Dashboards/Analytics.
- Knowledgeable on marketing, sales and customer analytics, data cleansing, de-duping and standardization.
- Good understanding and exposure to data governance and MDM concepts.
- Oracle/OBIEE, Cognos and have some training on Qlikview.
- Informatica Power Center, OWB, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML and Shell Scripts.
- Erwin and ERStudio.
- Guidewire InfoCenter and DataHub, ERP, CRM.
- Self-training on Microservices design, Hive, MongoDB and Python right now.
- Not hands-on but understanding of LDAP, DNS, IP, HTTP/SSL, Proxy, SMTP, SOAP, REST, WebLogic, Tomcat, MS Messaging, Java Scripts, Java and C/C++. Needs to provide solution based on these settings.
- Oracle RDBMS, MS RDBMS, DB2/UDB. Unix, Linux and Window 2005 to 2014.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
Technical Project Manager / BI Architect
- Manage few reporting projects to define and create KPIs and dashboards to recognize project revenue and ROI; enhance existing reporting platform with hybrid architecture to support various data structures and analytics requirements.
- Create project plans, tracks, manages, recruit, estimate, follow- up, reports status, resolves issues and risks.
- Manage change management control, perform code reviews and define standards for coding and designs.
- Lead project teams between 5 to12 technical staffs and analysts. Agile and scrum.
- Work as a liaison among business stakeholders, technical groups, architects and vendors on product selections, POC, architecture reviews and designs, and all other project or production support related deliveries.
- Manage and perform project related database designs, data model designs, development tasks and QA efforts.
- Support current ETL & BI processes, operations and new business initiatives.
- Worked with business and IT to drive and define BI strategies for short/long-term goals, timeline and roadmap.
- Worked with client’s architecture team to define DW/ETL/BI architecture standards and best practices.
ENVIRONMENT: Oracle 12c, MS Great Plains/Dymanics GP, Cognos, PL/SQL, MS Project, ERStudio
- Member of StubHub data architectural team and responsible for supporting EDW and eCommerce engineering product teams throughout the entire project lifecycle. Scrum and agile.
- Performed complex data analysis to validate against logical/physical architecture designs,
- Worked with Security Group, DBAs, business SMEs and engineering groups to analyze, define, set up, configure and enforce PII/PCI/SOX security compliances.
- Worked as a lead data architect for TicketUtil integration project, and the tasks included: analyzed and documented API and data integrations and the gaps, defined business and technical transformation rules, designed data models, re-designed ticket listing process and architecture to support C2C business requirements.
- Created design and requirement documents; maintained and published metadata, WiKi web pages.
ENVIRONMENT: Oracle 11g/12c, Informatica Power Center 9.x, ERStudio, SQL, Macro, PL/SQL, REST, SOAP, Slack, MS Server 2012, Oracle VM 10.0.6, JSON
Confidential, Foster City, CA
Enterprise Data Architect
- Member of VISA enterprise data architecture team and responsible for driving and designing data architecture and recommending data strategy and solutions, enforcing data naming and design standards, evaluating technology adaptability, creating data/process/application integration and migration designs and solutions, business process alignments and improvements and defining metadata and maintenance.
- Designed eCommerce data and process models to support both RDBMS and Hadoop environments.
- Enforced data security and data privacy compliances, PII, PIC and SOX.
- Performed complex business data and process analysis to ensure data consistency, harmony and quality.
- Lead data architect for multiple VISA OLTP and eCommerce projects to support VISA’s corporate card process and implementation efforts, SDLC.
ENVIRONMENT: SQL Server 2008 R2, DB2/UDB v9.7, Oracle 11g, Erwin v9.x, Cloudear HiveQL, Jira.
IT Data Service Manager
- Worked on LightYear, BrighTree OLTP application migration project, to migrate and convert TIMS healthcare billing application to BrighTree, cash-to-order billing system, both are cloud-based applications. SaaS.
- Led efforts and hands-on on designing company’s overall data integration and migration solution, standards and architecture, to support business requirements and overall IT strategy.
- Led efforts and hands-on on re-designing ETL and Data Quality architecture and created design documents.
- Worked with SMEs and vendors on gap analysis, business rule transformations and mappings and convert business requirements into technical designs.
- Led efforts to Integrate SFDC’s master/reference data with LOB transactional data.
- Led technical implementation efforts with a team of 6 technical staffs and 2 analysts.
- Analyzed patients, physician and related data and proposed strategy on data cleansing and rollout.
ENVIRONMENT: SQL Server 2008 and 2014, LDAP, Erwin, Jira, SQL, SalesForce.com
Sr. EIM Manager - Enterprise Solution Architect
- A North America datawarehouse, BI and data integration design, strategy, solution and roadmap project.
- Conducted interviews with global business and technical stakeholders from 3 different companies to evaluate and document current state based on 5 criterias, compatabilities, re-usabilities, high availabiliies, DQ and security. The scope included all DW and related architectures, database designs, business and data processes, technolgoy usages and standardiations, performance improvements, business pain points and data quality solutions.
- Created future state, conceptual and physical architectural documents and that included technogoy, stragegy, recommended solutions, resource requirements and roadmap components.
- Led and managed a team that consisted of analyst, technical staffs and architect.
ENVIRONMENT: Informatica, Oracle 11g and Cognos v10, Qlikview, Business Object, IBM Netezza, Linux, MS Window
Confidential, Torrance, CA
Enterprise Data Architect
- A very large North America Collaboration (NAC) program and it included 400+ data sources and applications/systems and across 2 continents.
- The project is to support operational and financial data warehouse analytical requirements for all NA regions by building an enterprise data hub, a hybrid integration architecture platform to support both Big Data and traditional ETL processes. Architecture included data landing, data lake, ODS, MDM and Financial EDW/analytics layers.
- Worked with big data architect to analyze source data distribution and integration processes in Hadoop and all data hub and EDW layers.
- Worked with LOB SMEs, architects and technical staffs to create requirement and design documents for metadata management, logical and physical ETL/DW architecture and data model designs, BI architecture and schema designs, data distribution and transformation rules, data integration architecture and detailed technical designs, data quality and data governance.
- Sample source applications were MDM, DWs, ERP, CRM, Accounting/Finance, Mainframe Applications and BOM.
- Explored platform re-usability by analyzing vehicle DW mainframe integration architecture, process, data, rules and logic that been referenced.
- Deep dived into Informatica, PL/SQL, Shell, Java and other scripts to understand business and technical rules defined for different DW ETL processes.
ENVIRONMENT: Oracle 11gr2, SQL, Informatica v9.5, Oracle Big Data Appliances, Hives SQL on Cloudera, Oracle Exadata, OBIEE, PL/SQL, PeopleSoft ERP, Hyperion IR, Orchestra DRM/MDM, Remedy, REST(ful), SOAP, Java.
Confidential, Round Lake, IL
- A Data Warehouse Integration project between a Regional and a Global DW systems for Renal business unit.
- Led a technical team of 6 and worked collaboratively with client’s business and technical groups.
- Responsible for reviewing existing DW, BI and ETL architecture and proposed architecture and design solutions for integrating with Global DW.
- Expanded BRD document to include detailed data mappings with business transformation rules, data captures and cleansing requirements.
- Worked with architects to enforce standards for architecture, data model, database, process and code designs.
- Converted logical design to detailed technical designs and responsible for full development, QA and production deployment efforts.
- Conducted client meetings and provided status to client senior management.
ENVIRONMENT: Data Stage, Oracle 10g, Cognos Report Studios v10, Power Designer Viewer
- Project to re-design financial reporting system based on the new chart of account structures, end-to-end, for UCSF.
- Led a project team of 5 technical staff.
- Analyzed existing ETL and BI dashboard designs and architectures and provided solutions to improve ETL performance, data quality issues and changes that were required to meet the new accounting practice.
- Documented the requirements and performed gap analysis.
- Re-designed data models for both ETL and BI.
ENVIRONMENT: Oracle RDBMS v11g, PL/SQL, Informatica v9.x, Cognos v10, PeopleSoft Financial
Enterprise Solution Architect
- A Siebel CRM v8.x and SAP BW v7.x integration and implementation project and used Informatica Power Center and Power Exchange as an ETL data integration tool.
- Led a development team of 8 and worked collaberatively with SAP and CRM business and technical SMEs.
- Established standards and best practice for ETL, data integration and data modeling.
- Worked with client’s architects to define ETL strategy and physical architecture for integrating CRM, Marketing and Master data between Siebel and SAP BW/PSA.
- Worked with both functional and technical SMEs and analyzed data and BI requirements from all stakeholders.
- Performed POC on Informatica Power Exchange for loading data into SAP BW PSA layer from Siebel CRM.
- Responsible for full development cycles, QA, production deployments, user trainings and production supports.
ENVIRONMENT: Oracle RDBMS v11g; SAP BW v7.x; Siebel CRM v8.x; Informatica v9.x and Power Exchange v9.x, Web Services; Linux.